Fabled Deathtoll

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by ElectricPotato, Jun 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ElectricPotato Active Member

Raid I was in killed to pitzle stage 1 and got about 100 shards
  2. Encori Active Member

We got a ton of them on the first go, on release day. It seemed too easy. We got ZERO trash drops today. The named dropped a pattern and four armor pieces. Simultaneously the price to craft went up to be harsh under the first zone drop rate. In order to use the pattern dropped for the named, we would have to clear it six times. What do we do with the other 5 patterns?

We decided it wasn't worth it, after killing a few more trash just to see if they only removed drops before the first named. We had been planning to do fitz, but if we can't equip his loot, because getting the shards to do so requires killing him several more times, then why bother?

It went from too easy to abysmally horrible. Make the recipes permanent and make them use a primary component dropped from the named, so drops are controlled by actually dropping.
  3. Ucala Well-Known Member

we got no trash drops from the way to the first name today, the first name gave us 64 shards.
    so it's not even that bad still
  4. Makya Active Member

We killed Fitz tonight but I basically told everyone we won't be going back into the zone until the loot system is changed (or if the jelly drake adds are fixed so they actually die and don't hang around for a few seconds at 0%).

The big problem is that I just don't really know how to do loot in there. If you bid out the recipes you won't have enough shards to give them to make it and you'd have a crazy long waiting list after just a short while. If you split the shards out evenly across the raid it would take forever for anyone to gather enough shards to make anything. If you bid out access to the shards to a single person at a time, the raid would have to do 1 to 4 clears of the zone for most of the pieces which is a lot of time for very little reward.

We'll stick with GE and Maw for now and see how long that lasts us.
  5. Atan Well-Known Member

Except the recipe costs and the shards don't exactly line up.

Given what you're suggesting, shouldn't it just be a pattern with out all the crafting shennanigans. Isn't that ultimately better and more fun for players?

The system they put forward only makes some players feel marginalized, its a stupid system for a content provider hurting for players to put forward. You're reward mechanism should NEVER make someone feel marginalized.
  6. Ucala Well-Known Member

not going in the zone because it takes awhile to get the shards is a pretty awful call to make.
    I could see people saying they won't go in wing 3. since the loot is bad for the effort.
    but DT loot is easily best in slot items that people Should want. no matter how long it takes, as long as it doesn't go out of date in the new expac.

it's real simple too, just hoard all the shards you get until you can make Everything in the recipe, and bid out the best recipe of items.
    you could also try to convince lower guilds that can't do the zone to go in and kill trash and you pay them for the shards/loot.
  7. Makya Active Member

It's a matter of not burning people out. This is a game and it's supposed to be fun and if I turn our raids into a repetitive job with little reward for their efforts I'll have people quitting game left and right. It's hard enough in the summer to keep things moving without creating what most would feel is just busy work (clearing the same trash again and again and again).

Just to do some quick math...everyone picks their favorite piece out of the recipe books and let's say that it will take on average 2 clears to earn the shards for each item (some will take 1/2 a clear, some will take 3 or 4 clears so that's a reasonable estimate). We raid 4 days a week and assume that we are able to clear DT in a single raid eventually. For a raid force of 30 people that's 15 weeks of raiding, 3.5 months, just to get a single piece of loot for everyone in raid. This is so far off of the rate that raiders are used to getting loot it's not even funny.

I'm not saying the loot from DT isn't nice, but be honest, most stuff goes out of date with a new expansion and so will this stuff. The loot system from DT in it's current form is unfortunately not worth the effort/time compared to everything else I've raided in my many years in EQ2 (not even close). Here's hoping that things can get changed cause the zone and fights could be fun if there was adequate reward.
    Avirodar likes this.
  8. Kuulei Well-Known Member

The recipe is 1 (one) use only, so you need a recipe book for each item you want to craft or have crafted, if I am reading the book correctly on inspection. Now that quantity or cost is "fixed" it looks like a full clear would be needed to get 1-2 items made?
  9. Makya Active Member

Yes, the book is only good for making one of the items in it (similar to claiming a traditional pattern item). The shard costs from Vol 1 is 268 to 384 (1-2 items per clear) but the shard cost for items from Vol 2 is 768 to 1152 and for Vol 4 it's 1459 to 2688 (cyan adorns). This represents 2, 3 or even 4 clears to get enough shards for some of the items.
  10. Silzin Active Member

I think the bottom line for me with about the loot system in this zone.... If the 1st Named Pattern costs 268 - 384 to make each item in the look book then Clearing all trash to the named and the 1st named should give you ~300 Shards. Not enough to always get the most expensive items, but enough to get 1 item from the book.

this same pattern of shard drops from named and trash should continue from named 1-2 and 2-3 ....

Edit: Or if the 3rd named in the Gate Mob, then doing all first 3 named and Trash should give enough Shards to make something from each named. then the named after that... we need to be able to get 1 item made pet named, not Per ZONE.
  11. Tabri Well-Known Member

Our guild is skipping this zone currently as nobody really likes it. I thought the Dev's said that Wing 3 in TOV was going to be like POW and the gear there would be better than the loot in other zones for a long time or maybe I read that wrong in some other forum I was scanning? They have already put better loot than in Wing 3 in DT now?
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  12. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Whats going to be horrible about this zone, is the idea of having to work to kill nameds each run, and not be able to get anything from them, because the recipe books will drop far quicker than the shards will. For 99% of guilds this will be the case. Its all well and good saying that Cruor should drop 1500 shards or whatever, but that doesn't help the Majority of players in this zone.

Having to get groups to farm trash on Offnights just to get enough shards to make the items, will not last long term, and will just cause more issues.

Imo, first named should drop 200 shards, 2nd named 400, 3rd 600, 4th 800, and 5th 1000. Giving you 3000 Shards for full clear + RNG on Trash.
  13. Teal New Member

I guess the idea is, 1 piece of gear per zone clear... you kill a mob and you feel like you've done nothing, there's no loot, there's only a chance at loot. Loot which may be good if you experiment it fully, otherwise its just comparable to everything else. Those who don't tradeskill, well f you..

We havn't been back since day 1, we cleared to the 3rd named and got about 180 shards, from what I read here they've changed the items from book 1 to cost minimum 268? so in other words, you can kill the first 3 names, and not even be able to make a single item at all..

Is eq next that close that your trying to kill off eq2 already? screw us over too much and chances are we won't give you another chance.

fix this crap, no-one is happy with it.
    Devilz, Le Clown and Kiry like this.
  14. Kiry Active Member

Getting a new job and not being able to raid anymore was so well timed I almost wonder if it was fate.
    Wirewhisker and Avirodar like this.
  15. Shadowgates Member

Dont mind the toughness of the named or anything but you should be getting the equivalent of AT LEAST one raid-worthy drop per named... Otherwise people will skip this zone as our guild will be until it is fix OR even those that try for a few weeks are going to be burnt out and leave the game. It is this kind of thing than drives people to see RL as a better place to be. :) This is supposed to be a game and so fun and challenging... not a headache for the players and especially for the raid leaders.
  16. Arahad Member

Yeah, I think we're done with it also. "Reward vs.Effort vs. Time" just doesn't add up for us. I think SoE is fairly proud of the direction they've been headed, "Farm till you drop", but for me, and several of my friends, if Fabled DT is the direction the next Expac is headed, I'll be done with EQ2.
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  17. Ucala Well-Known Member

I can see that if for each name you kill, you get the items to salvage for the shards, the recipe book Ans atleast 1 item from that recipe from the name. that would be nice
  18. Glassjaw Active Member

Set Jewelry to drop from each name and leave armor and adorns as recipe imo.
  19. Le Clown Active Member

please do not change anything this was an excellent idea.
  20. Kander Developer

As we stated, this is an experiment. We will be adjusting some things.

We are changing it so you can make an item from each pull. So you'll be able to make the items from the books you get from the first 3 bosses.

Cruor and Tarinax drop actual items plus the better books.

Blue adornments actually have a chance to drop off of each boss, and can also be crafted.

Blue slot adders start at a 25% on the first boss and go up in percentage from there.

We will be watching the rate of entry and making adjustments on a weekly basis. You will still have to save up shards for the more desirable items. But there will always be something you can craft right away.

Changes will be going in on Tuesday, July 1st.
    Gnomad_Madgon, Gash, Beee and 7 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.