Fabled Deathtoll

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by ElectricPotato, Jun 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bouncing Skull Active Member

No sir. I don't like it. Killing all the trash and then the first named and not getting a single usable item doesn't make sense to me. I see exactly what was mentioned above. We will have a waiting list of people waiting on raws.
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  2. Ucala Well-Known Member

that's no different than a waitlist on people for a super rare item
  3. Darkon Well-Known Member

And to bid out the good recipes over the bad ones. Lol.
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  4. SacDaddy420 Active Member

This has simply been a disaster.
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  5. Naneel Member

Deathtoll essentially uses the daily grind model that is prevalent in heroic/solo zones now and in other games. Put in some sort of currency as a carrot and the world becomes a better equitable place...in theory.

I don't like it for the reasons already stated here. People like to see gear drop, not money that buys gear.

How long will it take to gear up 30 people (24+the bench) (all armor slots and relevant jewelry) raiding 3 times a week?

If shard drops can't keep up with recipe drops, it's going to be a disaster.
  6. Darkon Well-Known Member

I'm reserving judgment to see how many shards a full clear is worth. Hoping for ~3k. Lol.
  7. Darkon Well-Known Member

I agree the limiting resource should be the recipe books. That way you're going to get an item for every named you kill.

I theorized you could technically make each item (sans adorns) cost 1, and then just grind for the adorns over time, while making the items from the nameds as you kill them.
  8. Senya Well-Known Member

I loved the original Deathtoll. I hate this new version. Not the encounters. The encounters have seemed fun so far. It's the new way of loot that I despise. After years and years of there being two ways of doing things I don't know why they feel they have to shove everything together.

I love to craft. I have 9 max level crafters that all are also max tinkerers and adorners. I've never failed experimenting, so when I do have enough shards to make something with I'm not afraid to craft it for myself or to experiment on it for myself.

I love to raid. I raid with two different teams for a total of 6 nights a week.

What I don't like is my crafters being forced to raid for recipes (remember Yelnar anyone?) and my raiding toons being forced to farm crafting materials in a x4 raid zone.

When I do crafting things I expect to get crafting rewards. Crafting quests should yield recipes and faction I might need for other recipes. Before I was raiding again I didn't want my crafters to have Yelnar's because I wanted my crafters to wear those items, I just wanted complete recipe books and the option of crafting those items for adventurers that did not craft.

When I raid I expect raid things. There's absolutely nothing fun (for me, not speaking for others) about the chest being popped open after a kill and knowing there's nothing in that box to be excited over. It's just a box full of things to salvage and a recipe book we'll see alot since it's just 1 charge.

I don't mind getting "Super-Rare Orb of Must-be-Crafted" as a raid drop, as long as I don't need 6 of those orbs and a combination of 30 other rare drop items. I like when the orb is essentially just an item that can be made into your choice of one of 6 items (sort of like a pattern) and as a co-op effort for raiders and crafters. As an adventurer I can get the orb, as a crafter I can get the recipe. My reward for doing both is being able to acquire both the orb and the recipe and make my own item.

I feel like there's not much to look forward to until November now. I just feel like it's going to be 6 nights a week farming gear no one wants, to break down into a few shards, to collect 2k-3k of, to get a one charge recipe book we've looted over and over, to craft one item, to experiment on if you can (I can, some can't), to rinse and repeat. The next few months are going to be such a monotonous drag. I hope they didn't itemize the new expansion this way.
    Wirewhisker and Naudi like this.
  9. Glassjaw Active Member

There is a lot of dislike going around towards the way loot is being handled in this zone and it's not just on these forums. I really hope there are some alternatives and possibilities of change for the way the loot currently is in this zone.

My personal suggestion would be to have each name drop 2 of the jewelry pieces and the only craft able currency required items would be the armor and the cyan adorns. That way players who really enjoy seeing that loot drop have something exciting to work towards and the zone doesn't feel like a huge farmville time sink.
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  10. Chronus Active Member

Ok some mob feedback:

The first guy: Tank and spank, cool, whatever I don't care. He only drops one really cool item (uplifting stamina wrist for tanks) so I don't care that he's super easy.

Fitz: Great mob, like the mechanics overall, very simple though. Overuse of interrupts will get old quickly though I think.

Amphorous Drake: Dps burst check is kinda cool, do approve. The mechanics on the blobs are cool and I thought it was a good tank/healer centric fight for a 2nd part considering the first part is dps centric.

Cruor: Well that resist check is certainly... well enforced, unforgiving, scary even.
  11. konofo Active Member

I like parts of the ideas behind this itemization experiment, but I really expected there to be a bit more tension between salvaging or looting.

As a thought experiment (i.e., don't get caught up on the specifics), imagine if the Dessicated armor drops in the named chests were replaced with a random single piece from the entire set of Guardian's Edifice's jewelry (weighted for mob difficulty). Each of these pieces would have a salvage yield such that roughly half of your shard potential in a zone clear comes from these drops.

In this scenario, the material costs in the recipes would be priced high enough that you couldn't avoid salvaging some of the chest drops, but not so high that you felt compelled to salvage every chest drop. You might even choose to wear something for a while, then salvage it after an upgrade comes along.

This style of system could restore some of the what's-in-the-box thrill that is missing here, while maintaining the reward reliability dictated by the IMC. If nothing else, it would force some choices to be made.

kono
  12. Tabri Well-Known Member

I just wish everything was like it used to be in KOS, you raided a raid zone you got loot you could use and equipped it, you did a heroic zone you get loot you could use and equipped it. There was a variety of good loot scattered through either a raid zone or a heroic zone which made you want to run either of them to get the loot based on your playstyle. Raid gear was obviously way better than heroic gear as it should be and nobody that raided was pushed to do heroic zones to gear up to raid.

Im kind of sick of all this itemization, reforging, adornments, now crafting patterns instead of loot(heirloom on top of that really?), Etyma also as a reward to buy armor etc blah blah blah

I just want to go raid and get my loot and equip it. If I choose to group then I can do that outside what my normal playstyle, if I want to tradeskill that is also separate. Basically I dont want to tradeskill to get the best raid gear, I dont want to decorate a house to get raid gear(that will probably be next), I just want to raid to get raid gear by raiding.
  13. Makya Active Member

I'm also reserving final judgement until we see what a full zone clear gives but I hope we don't have to kill ~200 trash encounters to get those 3k shards? I also hope the shards stack more than 200 cause I'd hate to carry 15 stacks of shards for a zone clear. And even with 3k shards you probably won't have enough to craft all of the recipes you get from a full clear so no idea how we're going to do loot.
  14. Ucala Well-Known Member

yea, with the trash, and the names seem to drop items. I would guess a full clear on shards would be a very nice round up.
  15. Devilz New Member

Campaigning for 2-3X the lockout with an increase of 2-3X the drop rate. Does SOE think grinding this stuff makes for a fun treadmill experience? Good concept (re: craftable items), poorly executed.
  16. Avithax Well-Known Member

Would be nice to actually be able to zone the entire guild into the zone, we keep getting invisible lockouts and previous expirations and haven't been able to throw our full raid against it.
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  17. Darkon Well-Known Member

What terrifies me is that you might be stuck with 180 shards per run, with items that cost 1500-2600. The loot is ridiculously strong, but if it costs 1500 per item it will take 8 clears to get one of the 1500 items.

That means you raid mon/tues/wed/thurs of one week, then mon/tues/wed/thurs of the next week, and you can make one of the 1500 tier items.

One.

This is a problem.

Maybe Cruor/Tarinax will drop ~1500 shards each and all our terrors are in vain.

Honestly 1750 shards/clear would be reasonable.
  18. Estred Well-Known Member

What really worries me is that if we only get like 100-200 Shards for a Clear of the zone... we are going to have a major MAJOR problem. "Content Relevant Till Next Expansion" or CRTNE (citrine?) to make up terms I will promptly never use again is only worthwhile if they players aren't so aware of the grind that they bottom out and leave.

Currency Grind is good for 1 thing. Heroic Content. TSO/SF saw this done very very well. Any Heroic Zone was worth running, sans The Hole in SF because it was obnoxious and maybe some of the Befallens for difficulty reasons. Each zone had rare items for ALL classes and a Rare-Spawn that had items for many classes each specific to a Zone.

Then, well what if I didn't get lucky and get the Rare-Drop from the Rare-Mob? Well, that's what the token Grind was for. It made coin in decent amounts and also rewarded time played instead of RNG. What we have now is Token Grind... for the sake of Gear/Grind. The "rare" drops were the only usable ones and were farmed out real fast due to an oddly high drop rate.

Yelnar was fun only for Raid-Crafters like myself who keep their Raider as their Crafter (I am a 95 Adventurer and 95 Armorer and Max Adorner/Tinkerer almost).
  19. Ucala Well-Known Member

you get more than 100 just from killing the trash+first name
  20. Estred Well-Known Member

I know... I was illustrating a point.

I don't know the exact numbers nor have I experienced enough to give a valid estimate. Even then the fact of these materials are easily farmed makes them subject to Alt and EULAbot farming.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.