Fabled Deathtoll

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by ElectricPotato, Jun 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Estred Well-Known Member

It should say, the Hydra Helm Recepies and Green Adorns all had charges listed.
  2. Bouncing Skull Active Member

Thanks, one charge per book. Makes sense and makes it simpler to handle DKP. As mentioned before. Guild hoards the shards. The book itself is the item that gets auctioned off for DKP.
  3. Makya Active Member

Except with the new costs on items (assuming we still get 15 or so shards per salvage), you won't have enough shards to give out for the recipe books you are getting from killing names. Can anyone confirm that you still get 15-20 shards per salvage? Are there any other places to get more shards or can we get more shards from salvaging other items such as lesser cyan adorns (we didn't see any of those drop but I have seen they have been disco'd)?
  4. Chronus Active Member

Well you could log in alts and kill the first named every day in addition to your raid doing it.
  5. Arahad Member

Be very careful when experimenting on these items. Combines 1 - 4 seem to go smoothly, but on the 5th, progress seems to be ridiculous, and Sta drops at rapid rates. No mistakes, no missed counters, and still failed on the 2nd item I experimented on. Very dangerous process. It's a hard process, but I don't get how No mistakes, "0" can still end in failure. Even had a chanter spamming me with Mana Flow
  6. Caith Developer

Experimentation on these items is no different then experimentation on any other. There is literally no way for experimentation to be made to work differently on different items currently, and that is not something we are looking at changing.
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  7. Makya Active Member

The last step (5th) for experimenting has always been the hardest. You can usually do 1 to 3 steps with little difficulty, 4th can be tricky, 5th takes balls of steel. No mistakes on any of the steps (1 through 5) or you'll likely not be able to recover.
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  8. Buffrat Well-Known Member

I have only once failed Experimentation, and that was because I started it then had to go afk to answer the door. I have experimented two items from the new raid zone so far and ended with 60%+ durability every time except once, where I failed one counter and ended at 45%. I even finished one of the combines at ~90% durability.
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  9. Ucala Well-Known Member

although I haven't done it yet, I hear experimenting is pretty easy.
    the key is to not spam the buttons like you do in normal tradeskill and just hit them when they come up, or something
  10. Arahad Member

I don't believe I asked for a change in my OP, I was just trying to tell people to be careful. I've experimented on over 50 items, all 5 combines, and never failed until today. Yes, 4th and 5th have always been worse, but now, it seems that 5th is terribad. Both of the 2 items I've experimented on from Fabled DT were VERY close in the last combine, with 1 failing.
  11. Buffrat Well-Known Member

Both of my 5th combines were 60%+ durability. Noticed no difference from the other 4.
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  12. Daray Well-Known Member

The RNG can come back to bite you with experimenting. You can do everything perfectly (countering everything and squeezing in durability abilities whereever possible) and still hit a string of random critical failures that push you close to or over the edge. Usually highly unlikely, but still possible.
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  13. Makya Active Member

This method only works if you are gaining shards faster than you are gaining recipes. Otherwise you'll have a waiting list of people with recipes waiting for shards and that's just what I need, something else to keep track of. :mad:
  14. Bouncing Skull Active Member

Unless something has changed, I do not see how you can gain recipes faster than you gain shards. We ran the zone for the first time last night towards the end of our raid and cleared up to the second named before we ran out of time. We ended up with about 70 shards and 1 recipe book. I do not think anything in the book cost more than 70 shards. It of course was volume 1, so I do not know about the other volumes.
  15. Makya Active Member

The stuff from Vol I is now 268 to 384 (up from 12 to 18), Vol II is 768 to 1152 and Vol IV jewelry is 1459 (cyan adorns are still 2688) as of this morning's patch. So unless stuff salvages for more than the 15 per item I was getting last night or there's other items that salvage for a lot more, you're going to have a glut of recipes without enough shards to make the items.
  16. Daray Well-Known Member

Edit: what the guy above said.
  17. Bouncing Skull Active Member

Yep I logged in to look at it just now...

Volume 1:
    Bracer of Eternal Life: 384
    General Bracers: 268 (And a little depressing that they only have 100 STA on them)
    Forgotten Jewel of Ages Past: 384
    Icy Undead Wristlet: 384
  18. Daray Well-Known Member

Hard to say with any certainty until people are doing full zone clears, but it does seem as if the limiting factor will be the shards.

Having said that, servers that have a far higher number of bot crews may be able to source the shards they need more easily. Maybe the intention was to create a seperate market/demand for shards.
  19. Chronus Active Member

How high is that resist check on Cruor? I lold.
  20. Ucala Well-Known Member

no the method works just fine.
    it just requires the guild leader to be smart enough to hold the recipes until they have the amount of shards needed to make the items that the recipe requires
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.