Fabled Deathtoll

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by ElectricPotato, Jun 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darkon Well-Known Member

How refined is the gear from Deathtoll?
  2. Silzin Active Member

The Crafting Patters being that they only drop one per named and can only make 1 item is going to get very Old Very fast.
  3. Pixilicious Well-Known Member

yeah that's unfortunate, at least it should be ... something more than 1 :(
  4. Bloodguts Well-Known Member

We got 2 patterns on the first boss, and 1 pattern on the second boss.
  5. Gorion Member

Adds in this zone don't seem to die at all. They hit 0% and then despawn. The problem with this is, sometimes they lag and don't despawn for 3-5 seconds. The adds on Amorphous Drake especially really need to just die when they hit 0% hp. Failing the adds because they hit 0% hp and then didn't go away is extremely frustrating.

Fitzpitzle should also have some graphic or detrimental or something that shows you when and for how long you are protected from his aoes. I assume it's supposed to spawn a bubble that you're supposed to get into to be protected, but there isn't one, or anything else.

Can we get a buff on the mobs that tell us how much resists we need for them? I get that you don't like crit avoid anymore and want to use resists, but we still need to know how much of whatever stat we need. We really just traded one gate mechanic for another here. Now instead of adorning for crit mit or crit chance when we're too low, we just adorn for resists. Nothing has actually changed except which stat we need now. Personally, I'd rather just go back to crit mit, and put it on every single gear slot so that gearing for it is a gradual progression instead of lumped on a handful of items in huge amounts. In effect, resists are no different than crit mit anyway.
  6. Fyreflyte Well-Known Member

None of the regular adds in the zone are set to despawn without dying. If you saw a particular add that was disappearing in this manner, please let me know, and I'll take a look at it.
    The reason this happens with the blobs is because you've already gone past their fail condition. At that point they need to remain around in order to finish their heal animation and not just disappear. I can understand it being frustrating, however, to be able to continue attacking when you no longer have a chance to stop them. I'll add something in to prevent that situation.

This may be a little more clear as you gain further understanding of his mechanics. There is definitely a buff that accompanies the protection you are speaking of.

There's no buff on the bosses that require higher resist checks, but you'll know when you've found one, as any increase to resists will lower that damage. It's not set up at thresholds, so even a small increase should have an impact on the incoming numbers. It should be fairly easy to work it out from there. As for how high you'll need them: that depends largely on your health and healers, and how much damage they can handle.
  7. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

All the carrion worms (Trap mobs) are doing this.

No message for anyone killing them, just despawning about 2s after the hit 0%.
  8. Gorion Member

Do we need higher resists for all damage in this zone and going forward? Is there a cap or a curve on it? Are all aoes that require more going to say on them that they require more? Are you going to update the tooltip so we have an idea of how much our resists are actually helping us?

Amorphous Drake's aoe didn't give us a detriment to tell us anything, so getting more resists was really just a guess. It also wasn't triggering reactives.
  9. Teal New Member

Same recipe Volume 1 from both of the first 2 mobs :( I guess we got unlucky... Sounds like other guilds got a volume 1 and a 4? Assumed there'd be a different Volume for each mob? Is this right? are the first 2 mobs meant to drop the same loot?
  10. Buffrat Well-Known Member

We also got two Volume Is. I'm not too unhappy, the forearms are best in slot for most classes, and the tank wrist is okay. Definitely wish we could've seen a 2, 3, or 4 as one of the drops though.
  11. Bloodguts Well-Known Member

Carrion Worms (trab mobs) and Blob adds from Amorphous Drake all take about 4-5s to despawn after you've killed them. On Carrion Worms it's no problem 'cuz it doesn't really affect you, but on the Amorphous Drake it definetely does because it will push into the Fail Condition even if you've already killed them within seconds before the Fail Condition is set to take into effect.
  12. Bloodguts Well-Known Member

Now that the Update Notes state that Hurler and Fitzpitzle are not supposed to drop Volume IV from their loot tables, is Fitzpitzle supposed to drop Volume 1 just the same as Hurler? All everyone who has killed these two bosses have either seen Volume 1 and Volume IV from their loot tables yesterday after they've been killed.

Also, is it intended that the Cyan Adorns require 2.6k Shards to make?
  13. Ebofu Active Member

The 1.2k recipes are intended, I can only assume the 2.6k are the same. Response I received was they are weighted against full clears, until then you will accumulate shards.
  14. Noctew Active Member

In Soviet Russia Siberia, bugs get a fix on YOU!
    Anghammarad likes this.
  15. Avithax Well-Known Member

It would have been nice to be able to progress through the zone however the significant number of players who got the message "cannot enter a zone that was created prior...." message knocked us down to almost a X2. How do you have a previous timer that was created in a zone that was just released?

I'm betting it happens again tonight even though numerous petitions were submitted.
  16. Mogrim Well-Known Member

I can also confirm a lot of the mobs seem to despawn slower than intended, including mobs killed well before fail messages on the Drake.
  17. Ucala Well-Known Member

I am liking the items in DT, and the prices aren't that bad (aside from the 2.7k adorns). but even those aren't that bad really.

killing trash up to the first name (which can be 1 grouped) will give you around 3-5 items, each item will give you around 15-18 shards.
    it takes at the max, 180 items to get the amount of shards for 1 adorn.
    since it's an 18 hour lockout, you could get 180 items in not too bad of time even if all you did was clear trash to the first name
  18. Snapshot Active Member

19. Caith Developer

That has been corrected for the next hotfix as of this morning.
  20. Caith Developer

Unfortunately the low prices you are seeing on accessories and armor is a bug that will be corrected in the next hotfix.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.