extremely dissapointed with "new" pets.

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-Durellius, Dec 20, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-TunaBoo Guest

No doubt you will Tuna. But why would only necro master's drop off epics, I have been in groups that have looted several T6 masters that did not drop off epics,
    huh? lvl 60 spells of all classess only drop off t6 epics.. 51-59 drop off any mob. Necro is no difff then any other class.

its not because lbl 60 is t7 cuz it is not. Its because lvl 60 spells are "special" and they decided to make them epic drop only just like level 50s were in t5.
  2. ARCHIVED-quamdar Guest

yeah i never saw a level 50 spell drop off anything but epics until the expansion except for torrential plague, now they drop in clefts though got my lich from there and an ice comet dropped in there too.
  3. ARCHIVED-Boran Guest

Nosewarts, as far as im aware your wrong. Level 10 is tier 2, 20 is tier 3, 30 is tier 4 and 40 is tier 5. Level 50 was different because it was end game and as Tunaboo stated you could only get the masters from epics. Until DoF came out I never saw a level 50 adept 1 either.
  4. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

What Boran said. As far as spells go:

Tier 1: Level 1-9
    Tier 2: Level 10-19
    Tier 3: Level 20-29
    Tier 4: Level 30-39
    Tier 5: Level 40-50
    Tier 6: Level 51-60

Level 50 spells are found in level 49 Sage/Jeweler/Alchemist books, while level 60 spells are found in level 59 Sage/Jeweler/Alchemist books. Meanwhile, level 50 recipe books contain recipes for the next tier up.

I anticipate this pattern will continue whenever there are level increases.
    Message Edited by Xalmat on 12-26-2005 07:52 PM
  5. ARCHIVED-Boran Guest

Thanks Xalmat, and sorry Nosewarts I didn't mean to be quite so abrupt. Guess I shouldn't write things when I'm hungover and my new telly has gone boom :/
  6. ARCHIVED-Sonic X Guest

Hah god forbid someone has a different opinion.

Aww man you hurt my feelings, i forgot about this thread lol. I feel bad to be a necro with you on these forums because anytime someone has an opinion you make some lame [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] l33t comment about it. Hell all over the forums thats all you do anyways. God forbid someone else doesn't agree that it fits in with the lore. Because being a developer means the developers can do no wrong, but wait they just recently "revamped" the entire game. I guess since they aren't wrong we can go back to having all zombies.

Point is, Vampire characters may be undead but considering that people like Mayong Mistmoore can become a demigod like he is now in EQ1. I do not think controlling them so easily without explaining a reason is why it is odd and doesn't fit in with the lore, if they want to just give us stuff at random like i said give us dead dragons just because they are dead. The Bloodline Chronicles built them up to be these foes that could possibly overtake the cities, they had smarts, they weren't mindless undead zombies.

The devs agree with you? Im sure they came here and consulted you, some people here agree with me on my facts based on all the lore we "know" in eq2. The developers didn't ask anyone they just decided to make something cool and unique, they make stuff and change it based on feedback. Most people including me think it looks cool, but doesn't fit with OUR OPINIONS of what a necromancer could control. And i am also one for tyring creative things because you can only use zombies so many times.

Your whole argument is based on the fact that if the developers did it, it must be right just because they work on the game(hello even the developers admit continuity errors since EQ is a big franchise). Do you think when they were deciding what would look cool if lore wise it would make sense? No they gave us a vampire because it looked cool which wasn't bad in general, and it was considered undead, so boom new pet. There are allot of spells in the game which have a reasoning behind them. Like spirit of the wolf should be self-explanatory, summoning a corpse, a demon, or a shadow is simple in nature.

Summoning something that had to be turned into the undead before hand and are technically already dead before we "summon" stuff from the dead needs more reasoning behind it then if its dead i can teleport it to me and tell it what to do.

Of course i'm sure there is another reply coming with "if its in the game it must be right!". Yea um ever heard of having and giving an opinion and not following the heard.

Yes the Vampire looks cool, lore wise it's very iffy on the hows and whys we can control it. I would think vampires themselves could use magic to defend against mind control too..

But im not gonna try and give an opinion because god forbid i have one on a game i pay for.

Remember you got smart [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] with me first, don't come into the kitchen if you can't take the heat.

PS: the m1 looks cool i have every master but that [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] pet it's pissing me off.
    Message Edited by Sonic X on 02-10-200609:07 PM
    Message Edited by Sonic X on 02-10-200609:09 PM