extremely dissapointed with "new" pets.

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-Durellius, Dec 20, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Yirabeth Guest

I hate to say the old saying again..but we're not EQ1 :) I really don't want them to try to follow eq1 even...it's a different game, with different rules, and we should follow those...

Perhaps we need some time to learn to control those spectres that showed up with DoF, which would explain why we get it at 62 instead of 60 (aside from the way the spells tier here is upgrades every 14 levels.)

I think we'll get our spectres. I don't know exactly when...I'm glad they did diversify our pets.

~Yira
  2. ARCHIVED-Buggrit Guest

This spell is Apprentice 1 Grim spellbinder lvl 20 Warlock pet
    [IMG]
  3. ARCHIVED-Buggrit Guest

This is Adept 3 Tellurian recruit lvl 10 Warrior pet
    [IMG]
  4. ARCHIVED-Nosewarts Guest

I'm glad the lower levels get a lot of variety too. Makes getting new pets and paying for upgrades a lot more fun. It's nice seeing lots of different pets running around the zones now.
  5. ARCHIVED-spath Guest

What good came out of changing the model for the level 10 pet, considering 9 out of 10 people that dont have alts with cash cant afford to buy the adept off the broker, due to overpricing *********. Instead of taking away the scarab, and spider at adept 1 (not sure what adept 3 and master were) and making the entire spell from app 1 to master the same crawler with just different colors, they should have left it like it is and focused more on the higher level pets, like the red hot Lamia.
  6. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

7. ARCHIVED-hammong Guest

Holy moses, the Grim Terror Master I looks TERRIBLE. She went from total hottie to something you can barely see due to the overuse of red tint. I would avoid upgrading my Adept III to Master I just because it looks like a big red turd.
    The Diseased Servant lineup looks fantastic!
    - Salsa Picante, 54 Necro, Mistmoore ~ Relics ~
  8. ARCHIVED-GurgGuardianLord Guest

god im so jealous.

I want diseased servant master I lollol.

That guy looks AWESOME!
  9. ARCHIVED-Jai1 Guest

I really like the new changes. Long past overdue.
  10. ARCHIVED-XBrit Guest

I ran around MD and SS for a couple hours yesterday with Fluffy following me, and I must have got like 15 /tells and /says saying "wow that's a really cool pet" and stuff.
    (9 plat on the broker on Master Madness day, my broker find of teh year :) )
    Message Edited by XBrit on 12-21-2005 10:03 AM
  11. ARCHIVED-Tallika_Runwithbears Guest

the big change i'd make to the Grim Terror is as its skin shifts to the red, her outfit should shift toward the white to provide contrast and definition to her form.
  12. ARCHIVED-Dalinor Guest

All I have to say about the new Nightshade is..... Thank you...
  13. ARCHIVED-Dalinor Guest

By the way WOULD LOVE to see Master I Nightshade graphic, I'm sure VERY few people even have it. Not sure if it's even been discovered on Permafrost yet. Nevertheless if possible would be much appriciated.
  14. ARCHIVED-Sonic X Guest

Nosewarts wrote:
    If you can't comprehend the simple concept here, you are beyond help. Necromancers by definition are masters over death and the undead. Vampires are undead. Ergo, necros are masters of vampires. Very simple.

The devs implemented the pets as they did while considering their inside knowledge of EQ lore, ensuring consistency. Do you know the lore better than they do? No.Therefore you are wrong. Thx for playing.

Uh the lore is there sped ed. Vampires are undead but not RUN OF THE MILL MINIONS. They think and USE NECROMANCY to help defend themselves and are SENTIENT BEINGS. Necros raise things that have already died and MAKE THEM UNDEAD. Vampires became undead through means of OTHER VAMPIRES. By this logic i guess we could raise lady vox from the dead and control a dragon, but you will say no because she is powerful but wait you contradict yourself! lol. It's not even CLEAR WHETHER OR NOT A VAMPIRE IS A CURSE/DISEASE/MAGIC INDUCED. You argue because they are UNDEAD that bam the lore fits but it DOES NOT.

The vampires are UNIQUE, they don't tra de friggin la all through norrath mindlessly killing people. If it was so simple i guess Lucan could have controlled them and told them well hey come live in FP! Teleporting a vampire and permanently controlling it does not make sense MATSERS OF THE UNDEAD doesnt mean we can CONTROL THE SPIRIT OF VOX, WE CANT CHARMED NAMES, AND VAMPIRES ARE NOT MINIONS.

Hell vampires could even be considered a race we can't play. [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] does it take for you to understand raising and summoning corpse, vs intelligent undead who use necromancy also. Give me my level 60 undead dragon pet now please, cause she is sooooooo undead! Hell give me T'haen he aint [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] either! la la la

Message Edited by Sonic X on 12-21-2005 01:42 PM
  15. ARCHIVED-Sonic X Guest

Yirabeth

No one said they had to follow it exactly a dev hinted at it, and i don't see it. A vampire made go [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] period.
    Message Edited by Sonic X on 12-21-2005 01:42 PM
  16. ARCHIVED-TunaBoo Guest

Ill try and get shade going.. I got only one on LS I know.
  17. ARCHIVED-Nosewarts Guest

Why are you bothering to argue about something when you are so obviously wrong? The devs apparently agree with me because they implemented things the way they did. Hm, let's see...some nobody Sonic [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] on forums thinks it should be that way, and EQ2 devs think it should be this way. Yeah, I think I'll err on the side of caution here and go with the experts. I know its a stretch and all, but somehow I suspect they know the lore better than you do.

OMG OMG why teh xmas treh in evil freeports??!!
  18. ARCHIVED-TunaBoo Guest

here is master shade. She has a katana but is pierce damage still.

[IMG]
    Message Edited by TunaBoo on 12-21-2005 05:32 PM
  19. ARCHIVED-StueyMonster Guest

Thanks TunaBoo
    See, that's how you make a pet look cool. This is an example of a job well done Mr & Mrs Art Dept.
    Looking forward to getting mine
    :)
  20. ARCHIVED-jeanjuedi Guest

Umm slight problem. Does that mean she does not duel wield anymore? Guess we don't have to worry about not proccing the off hand!