extremely dissapointed with "new" pets.

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-Durellius, Dec 20, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Durellius Guest

I dinged 38 earlier today and got my adept 3 rotting thrall. Same old zombie but hey he's nice and big now. Pretty cool. Log in after the update, excited to see how he'll be improved.. Nope!! Downgraded to a boring normal zombie. Yawn.

Shadowy stalker adept 3 improved? Nope! He's been downgraded to his old App 1 visage. Who thought that would be a good change? Idiocy.

Grim thullian doesn't look any different.

One day I'll learn not to get excited by promises by the developers of these sort of games. They only ever come through with a half hearted, lazy result.

I was expecting to be buffed with exciting looking pets after LU18, instead my existing pets are more boring than ever. Good job!
  2. ARCHIVED-Chabisu Guest

They spread out pet models and at your range you essentially have all the old ones. At level 60 there are quite a few new ones.

Diseased Servant, Grim Thulian (48 pet's name I think), and Nightshade all have new improved looks.

I totally dig the new Nightshade look, though her and the mage will make some ciikos I group with happy... ;)
  3. ARCHIVED-gr8scott Guest

Not too impressed with the master grim terror. It is the lamia model except she has dark red skin with blackish clothes and white eyes. Not nearly as striking imo as the old master look mostly because the contrast is so low she looks a lot like a blob.

The adept 3 nightshade was a surprise also. Kind of a female swashbuckler looking model. White skin, funny hat, and unclear race (looks a bit halfelfish lol).

I didn't have a chance to try them out this morning. Three cheers for giving the models some attention, but still a bit underwhelmed....

GS
  4. ARCHIVED-Durellius Guest

Yeah, some of the new pets at other tiers are quite cool.. but why change the tier I am at so the pets look less impressive?
    Rotting thrall shrinking? Shadowy stalker back to app 1? Makes no sense. Did they think people would enjoy having a less impressive pet?
  5. ARCHIVED-Lovelessangel Guest

to say I was impressed would be an understatement
  6. ARCHIVED-Viromage Guest

The Diseased Servant Adept III looks pretty BAD **** if you ask me, Skele warrior with armor and a shield.. Had great animation. HELL of a lot better than the zombie graphic standing there looking gay... This thing actually has battle graphics!
  7. ARCHIVED-Elikai Guest

Any picks of the Nightshade?
  8. ARCHIVED-Nosewarts Guest

Uh, that's because you're still only 38. The pets should become more rewarding in appearance as you gain in rank. I suppose a 20 necro should complain that his pet is not impressive at adept3? Your pet at 38 should not be as impressive as mine at 60.
  9. ARCHIVED-quamdar Guest

Grim Terror Master 1

[IMG]

Diseased Servant Master 1

[IMG][IMG]
    [IMG]

Nightshade Adept 3

[IMG]
  10. ARCHIVED-Durellius Guest

Did it look more impressive than yours 2 hours ago before patch, Nosewarts?
    I'm just wondering why they changed it at all. It looked so much better before!
  11. ARCHIVED-quamdar Guest

personally i think they did a GREAT job on the Diseased Servant and the nightshade is ok but i am still mad they didn't give us a spectre and the Grim Terror just, well, it sucks.
  12. ARCHIVED-Durellius Guest

... The high level pets look [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] sweet I'll give you that.

Still I want my giant zombie back! I'm not budging..
  13. ARCHIVED-May Ham Guest

I am disappointed they took away the master pet titles. My *Fallen hero*( Diseased Servant master) is now just a *Diseased Servant* *sigh*. I can only asssume its the same for all master titles now...
  14. ARCHIVED-Spakka Guest

Diseased Servant Master 1 ... wow !
  15. ARCHIVED-Tinantier Guest

Nightshade adept 3 is a vampire

(hmm, did quote a previous message with this reply, but that doesnt seem to be working, but there you go :p)

Message Edited by Tinantier on 12-20-2005 11:02 AM
  16. ARCHIVED-Owlbear Guest

I like some of the new models. Well, some of them anyways. I have a problem with them using Lamia models as they are not undead. They are demons. Necro's are the master of undead so vampires, skeletons, wraiths, wights, zombies, ghosts, etc etc etc are all fair game. Plus throwing a red wash over a model like that is kinda lazy/bad/ugly.
  17. ARCHIVED-Windego Guest

Poor Grim Terror M1 went from hot to not =( the other models seem okay, especially diseased servant m1, undecided on the nightshade. Would have been nice if they had kept the master titles also on the pets instead of making everyone generic..

EDIT: well I take it back, new m1 grim look seems to be growing on me now that i've seen it in game, i like it's nice little whip too!
    Message Edited by Windego on 12-20-2005 01:56 PM
  18. ARCHIVED-gr8scott Guest

/agree!
  19. ARCHIVED-Sonic X Guest

Uh lockeye hinted at spectres i don't see a spectre in these pics unless master 1 nightshade is it, even then i am dissappointed i wanted a spectre...
  20. ARCHIVED-Nosewarts Guest

That 52 master looks awesome. MUCH improved over than lame stay-puffed marshmallow doughboy before it. I like my new nightshade but I am itching to see master version of her. And I agree on 48 grim terror...it would have been an easy fix just to make it a spectre for the master. Not like they just stuffed a chile pepper in the rear of the adept3 and called it a master.

But nice changes all around. Curious how the conj pets look...