extremely dissapointed with "new" pets.

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-Durellius, Dec 20, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-TunaBoo Guest

Mm she draws out 2 weapons.. just only see 1 holster.. dps is basically adept 3+ 5-10%.. no huge deal. The debuffs do a little more, defense debuff is 29 instead of 25 of adept3.. think the agi debuff is 89 instead of the 82 of adept
  2. ARCHIVED-Nosewarts Guest

Hm, not nearly as impressive as the 52 master vs adept3. Oh no! It's a vampire! How can it be with teh necro??!!
  3. ARCHIVED-Boran Guest

Having seen the new pet art I am loving the changes (granted the tinting on the master 1 caster needs looking at). Having a vampire rather than the blob at 60 is a great addition. I am in total agreement with Yirabeth too, If I wanted to play EQ1 I wouldn't have moved over to EQ2. Different game different stuff.
  4. ARCHIVED-Leawyn Guest

Wow...... gotta get master nightshade even more than ever now! WOW! Beautiful!

P.S. Fix Grim Terror. Or at the very least give the girl some aloe, that sunburn looks like it hurts!
  5. ARCHIVED-Supa Mint Flava Guest

I have the Grim Terror at Master I and find myself constantly remembering "that day in Hawaii without sunscreen".....
  6. ARCHIVED-Shonin35 Guest

Wow we can argue about anything and never be happy. So is this a game or a History, linguistics program. I have a degree in history and could get into this debate, but what is the point, this is Everquest 2 an ever changing world that is created by a hugely diverse group of people with input from the paying population. Stop trying to keep things so static and realize things change. If you are unhappy make a crtical comment that will make sense. For example Tuna's parse of dps issuse between necro and conj. If you don't like certain art that is a personal taste factor, make your comments heard by all means, but be sure for everything you hate there is another that loves it. This game isn't about you it is about us. Mob rules! And remember the most popular choice isn't always your choice.
    And I hate you Tuna like a step brother who gets all the toys. Just kidding love the Master I Shade, very sweet. I am 58 now and have my adept III waiting for me. Can't wait.
  7. ARCHIVED-TunaBoo Guest

Shade was mine but I gave it away, it belongs to xiggy our new necro. I am busy stealing guardian toys to steal necro ones too. I'll get the second one that drops prolly.
    Message Edited by TunaBoo on 12-22-2005 04:21 PM
  8. ARCHIVED-Nosewarts Guest

But where did the nightshare master drop? I don't think anyone has it on our server.
  9. ARCHIVED-metalord Guest

EQ Lore is dead since we killed The Sleeper in eq1 /nod

Let Sonic voice his opinion since i learned a great deal about Mythology through rpg and i see no reason to mix up words and give them new meaning so Babylon can arise again and none understand the other.

Just saying i agree here with Sonic to some degree and he has a point.

be nice =)
  10. ARCHIVED-BrutalBilly Guest

So most of the new models are for high levels....good thinking that.

Necromancers don't spend their whole playing time at high levels, just the last bit.

The SOE plan seems to be "bore them to tears for the 45 levels they spend most of their playing time in, and if any are stubborn enough to be happy gazing at an unmoving zombie midget for 45-50 levels, then we finally do something about it.

To me a better business plan is to help first the 80%, not the 20%
  11. ARCHIVED-TunaBoo Guest

Im not 100% sure.. but in t5 adepts and masters of 50s only dropped off epics.. so it would follow adepts and masters of 60 spells only drop off EPICS.

We got ours off an epic, terrortula, and it was a server discovery.
  12. ARCHIVED-soulraiser Guest

brutal that is accualy backwards for most ppl ... they go 1-45 fairly FAST .. .and then slow down leveling and stay in the higher lvls for long hall .. i know for myself i was 50 like 4 month before DoF even came out ... would been 60 but got new job and work more now
  13. ARCHIVED-Nosewarts Guest

Well that explains it. None of the wannabe ubah phat lewtz d00dz on our server have defeated terrorantula yet.
  14. ARCHIVED-quamdar Guest

the conjurer scout pet dropped for a guild on our server out of poets the return, would assume ours can also drop from their too along with any other level 60 spells.
  15. ARCHIVED-Shonin35 Guest

No doubt you will Tuna. But why would only necro master's drop off epics, I have been in groups that have looted several T6 masters that did not drop off epics, so I don't think it stands to reason only necro's drop off epics, just that the frequency and chance for all master's improve dramatically at that level. And grats to you all for killing that big ugly nasty spider, I carry a can of Raid with me all the time just incase she aggros me. :) None the less a killer looking pet.

For all people that want things to stay the same all the time, just remember if that happened we wouldn't be here, things change get over it and learn to adapt.
  16. ARCHIVED-Boran Guest

Shonin, the reason for this is that technically lvl 60 is tier 7. Therefore, lvl 60 masters tend to only drop in tier 7 zones (eg LT, SC etc raid zones) or tier 7 raid / contested mobs
  17. ARCHIVED-Shonin35 Guest

I see what you are saying, I just woke up and posted, considering it is a level 60 master that would make sense, just curious how does that apply to the albino spiders in the tables that are 62^^^, any thoughts on this.
  18. ARCHIVED-Memmoch Guest

I have to agree that the necro pets are pretty disappointing over all when compared to the conjuror pets. They have some sweet looking pets throughout the levels instead of just endgame. They should of gotten rid of the zombie pet all together and brought out some interesting and new pets for us (think instead of a zombie have a undead Orc or the Ogre's!) some new pets all together would of been better. This is just another example of the DEV team promising something spectacular and then either getting lazy in the middle or being rushed by SOE so putting out a product that appears half ***** at best. I mean come on, the app 1 Rotting thrall looks EXACTLY the same as the master 1 lol. Oh well.
  19. ARCHIVED-Nosewarts Guest

^^^

Go read the dev forum for LU18 feedback. A ton of conjurors are unhappy their pets were changed at all and they're pissy about necros getting good revamps.
  20. ARCHIVED-Nosewarts Guest

That doesn't make any sense. When I scribe a 50 adept3 spell, it requires a T5 rare because it is a T5 spell. Same thing as you go down in tiers, 40 requires a T4 rare because it's a T4 spell. And as a 60 sage there is no book for 60 recipies, level 60 spells are in the 59 books -- again, because they are T6 spells and require T6 rares/components.
    Level 61 to 70 spells in a future expansion would be T7 according to the current pattern.