Extra storage bags

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Desetibrat, Mar 18, 2019.

1. Katz Well-Known Member

Desetibrat, Saw-Lau, Cyrrena and 3 others like this.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

One of the articles in that awesome list I like is:

How to Level Your Crafter from 1 to 100

which is pretty much like it says on the tin. ;->

(Though, if you've gotten a version of the various most recent expacs, you probably have a flying mount in there somewhere, and all you have to do is /claim it, though any Leaper mount can be useful and cool still.)

Uwk
    Desetibrat, Saw-Lau, Soara2 and 3 others like this.
  3. Soara Member

4. Desetibrat Active Member

First my apology for missing in action. I spend my free time playing instead on forum posting, priorities... :D

Thank you all for all the tips they helped me a lot.
    @schmetterling <- I havent tried yet that house sharing, got another way, that works for everything and crafting items are most important to me so I can have one adventurer and the rest crafters supplying main toon, which now works perfectly. While logeed in with one account, you can start game again and log into second account. While my computer then crawls almost to a halt, if toons are at the same location, I can trade between them. Perfect. Now I have adventurer lvl 32 or 32, and all crafters already above this level. I want at all time have crafters at higher level than playing toon is. Tailor is over 50 already...

Oh, and I'm not using any guild harvesters! That's not interesting to me. I want to sneak round hidden at higher levels and harvest all by myself. Today, trying to find resources for Qho harvesting quest lvl VII, I ended up in Kylong Plains harvesting VIII stuff, which I don't even need yet lol. So, looks like they make it as easy as possible, I can harvest 30 levels above my adventurer and survive. It is actually too easy, but I guess, developers wants us player as soon as possible into high levels. I, on another side, want to go slow and I don't like how fast I'm leveling up just by harvesting and defending myself during the harvest.

Yesterday I was attacked and I killed creature that was 19 levels above mine, it was heroic, with one arrow up, can't remember if it had a star also. It should be harder. I can kill many way above my level heroics and all without mercenaries. Never hired mercs yet.

@uwkete-of-crushbone <- thank you, trying to share, I asked several low levels toons if they need the bags and haven't find one yet, but will be keep trying. I will find few that will need help sooner or later. Same answer for: @soara2

@cyrrena <- dungeons, yes, I need to try them out also, thanks, haven't get to that point yet. Just just by harvesting I got 3-4 extra levels so I had hard time keeping up with my crafters, to outlevel main toon. I will have to look into solo dungeons, hope drop there is better, now that I have crafters I'm looking for advanced recipe books that are just not dropping any more.

As this post is getting long I will post my 2 questions in next one. I haven't answer to everyone, but I surely read all of them.

Ahh, yes, thanks for the link to this tutorial: http://eq2.eqtraders.com/articles/article_page.php?article=q156&menustr=060000000000 @Uwkete, great tutorial, helped me getting leaping mount, so cool and helpful!

@katz <- yes, that is the resource I'm using, helps a lot, thanks!

Yes, I'm doing all Tradeskill related quests, Pirate Raffik, Qho, Master Crafter or whatever it is... and I can craft 28 slot bags, soon 32 slots. Not that I need any more at this time, but feels good ;), yes, Tailor is the most important Tradeskill.
  5. Desetibrat Active Member

Q1:

Since I will be playing only 1 toon, necromancer, I have these 5 crafters: Tailor, Jeweler, Schoolar/Scribe/Sage (whatever is called), Alchemist and Provisioned. Since I have 3 accounts, I could have one more crafter if really needed although I wouldn't mind to skip it if not essential. There is woodworker for staves but it is probably not that important. Is there any other tradeskill that I for sure need it? (I'm doing transmuting, adoring and tinkering daily quests on all toons also.)

Q2:
    Second, more important question. I noticed now that I'm low 30's level, I can't get much drops any more. (All i'm interested are advanced cratfing books and some items that I can transmute them). For example, I probably killed over 10 times 5-6 levels above me, heroic 3 arrows up creature (can't remember with or without a star), I'm hunting down different kind of heroic's, and all I'm getting is higher levels (I'm too quickly leveling up) but no crafting books. grrr lol

So questions are:

- is there a system, say if I kill too high above me, does drops gets reduced? Wouldn't expected that but...
    - main question is, what are some good creatures/places to go for good drops? Also for items so i could transmuting them. For say mid thirties, or say between 30-40 level. I probably need to go into dungeons, correct?
  6. Desetibrat Active Member

Wo-ho! I just figured out, I can disable getting XP from combats and quests. Perfect!
  7. Katz Well-Known Member

I have enjoyed my carpenter for making house items.
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Once we got rid of the despised subcombines (ask an oldster who liked those things; I hated them), I was much keener on actually crafting for myself, rather than just bugging my adventuring group to make me new stuff. ;-> One bit of advice my buddy there (the highest level crafter) had was, "Make sure your crafters are at least 10 levels higher than your adventuring level, so they can always make you the next tier stuff."

To that I add that, whatever server I'm on (except for maybe the TLE stuff; I'm not that nostalgic, and the XP curve is way too steep, imho), I'll get enough character slots to make sure I have at least 9 on each server, one for each crafting specialty (I think even in Bronze level F2P, you should be able to get more character slots. Never seen a dev yet that would turn down that money coming in). Even before I was really into decorating, one of them was always a Carpy; they can also make Strong Boxes for carrying and storing stuff. ;->

Woodworkers not only make things like staves and other wooden weapons and ammo, they also make Totems, which can be very useful: totems for stealth, for underwater breathing, etc. I like 'em. :)

That being said, there's not a lot they can do that you can't get off a Broker fairly reliably; if you're restricted in that, though, yeah, I'd recommend a WW (Woodworker).

And yep, those you were trying to think of are a Scholar-type, called Sages. :)

That question, I can't help you with much at all; the RNGods hate me. :-/

One of the best sources of info on that kind of thing would be Sigrdrifa, who shows up to Norrathian Homeshow on a fairly regular basis. :)

Uwk
  9. Desetibrat Active Member

Great, thank you! I got me 6th Tradeskil - Woodworker. Yes I can have 1 more login I think, two more toons, but I will pass, 6 Tradeskils is plenty for me. :) OK at least 10 levels above adventurer. This is my next goal. Shouldn't take long, especially now, that I froze the XP for a while so I can loot in peace ;)

Solved loot also. Found my first instance and got plenty of stuff for breaking down and even some useful advanced recipes. I would maybe even survive the last boss, maybe, if I wouldn't forget to put on my armour. I was attacking with tailors (or was it harvesting?) cloak, duh! lol lol lol

So all is good, xp frozen and now I can finish some old quests I was neglecting 'till now.

Note to myself:
    Note #1: before you go outside, put armor on!
    Note #2: before you rush into heroics, next time check, if pet tanker is spawned!
    :D;)
  10. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

You are not the first and won't be the last to do this! Many a tradeskiller (including me) has gone haring into a fight and wondered why it's taken so long to kill the mob, only to realise they are wearing tradeskill or harvest gear instead of what they should be!
  11. Desetibrat Active Member

That was just a little "ups" or when I died because if haven't have my pet spawned. Do you want to hear my biggest ups. The BIG "UPS"?

Guildie was telling me about guild harvesting. How come I'm not refreshing them (sending them out harvesting). I didn't have a clue, what he was talking about. When I found out, what they are, I decided I will not use them, it is not fun if I don't get my own mats above my level. He said: fine, but you could send them out and dump in the chest what they harvest for the benefit of the guild.

OK, I can do this! And I did.
    I collected from harvesters, then I dumped into the chest. All of it. ALL!!! ALL MY MATS!!!!! Rares, fables, all...

At lvl ~25-27 I had up to T5 mats (thanks to generosity here, now I have huge bags, lots of storage space, thanks again!) and mats were in 600-700 range I was harvesting for two weeks straight, knowing I will be crafting everything. I was being killed two Tiers above my level, trying to get those mats. And then, they were all none. Puf! Now that was a big OUCH! lol

Then I found out, I can set bags to not participate in that dumping, but I found out this a little bit too late :eek:;)
  12. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

Yup, you're not the first to have done that either!! :D
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

If you make big doe eyes at folks who can get things out of the Guild Depot, they might be able to fish them back out for you.

Or, if you have sufficient levels in the guild, you can use your rares in there to make stuff for awhile, using the Depot in the actual crafting...unless someone takes them out or uses them for their own projects. :(

Uwk
    Soara2, Cyrrena and Desetibrat like this.
  14. Desetibrat Active Member

Nah, I didn't make big deal out of it. I just went and harvest more ;)
    But, at the moment, when that happened, my facial expression was probably priceless lol! :D
    Soara2, Rhodris, Cyrrena and 2 others like this.
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I hear that; not like I haven't done it too. X-P

Uwk
    who now, at least, has goblins and old ponies... ;->
  16. Desetibrat Active Member

Time for an update, so you know I'm still playing and enjoying the game. :)

My trip/visit to homeland got extended for almost two months. I have with me laptop that overheats so I'm mostly just logging in to do some daily transmuting, adorning.... So my trade skills are going higher, (main, tailor 97lvl yay!, can craft my own 46 slot bags now, can gather my own resources also, never using guild harvesters) while my main toon is under 40. Other crafters are close to lvl 70 now. So I'm waaaay ahead for all crafting needs in the future and just doing quick transmuting every time I get a chance makes nice progress. Well up until lvl95 at that level trade skill leveling really really slowed down quite a bit. Good it is close to 100 to keep me going.

Now that I can craft my own bags, I'm spreading generosity I got here, back. Seems like new players like these bags lol
    And to think of it, when I crafted my very first 24 slots I though that's all I will ever need! :eek: I didn't have a clue how much stuff is in this game. I'm being lost just about in every category of this game, just way too much stuff available. The hardest part for causal player like me is, to figure out, what is useful and what is not, from drops to skill/abilities/spells to gear to well everything lol

But this does not stops me. I'm here to play slowly and enjoy, no end game play for me, no raiding, just enjoying slow solo, so I don't really have to do any study, spreadsheets, damage parsing, etc...

I changed one thing. I was going to play only one toon, Necromancer, but now I got me Shadowknight also, since both are best/easiest for solo and perfect for F2P. That way, two are harvesting shinies and cool advanced spell books, fighting spells... and share among each other, to enhance the chance that drop actually may be even useful for a change ;)
    Saw-Lau, Katz, Soara2 and 2 others like this.
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Up until I needed to be not only level 100 in adventuring for the Nebulous Newsies quest (LOTS of status points [over 5 million, and more on a Double Status weekend event! :D] and a 66-slot bag!), but also needed way better gear than what I could make (and I'm still annoyed at that), I did really well with my main, first toon, Uwk here, with just the gear I could make as an Armorer. I'd save the rares for just the Chest and Legs and Shield (only pieces that can be Imbued, for an Armorer), and would be fine with the rest being Handcrafted. If I'd get a really fancy piece as a drop or quest reward, I'd compare and contrast its stats with what I could make for that level, and if it was better, swap it out (usually stats or Mitigation or Protection or whatever they're calling it now), or sell it if not. I'd rarely put in an Adornment gem, unless I got it as a reward, and wouldn't bother upgrading my "spells" (fighting maneuvers) unless I got an upgrade as a free drop. ;->

Thanks to the Planes of Power expac, I got the "first quest at level 100 really cool gear" and waded through Newsies like a hot knife through butter (immensely gratifying after getting my tail handed to me just a level before ;->), and am still using the items today. It'll probably be quite awhile before I feel the need to swap out any of that gear! :D I haven't gotten really started on "endgame" stuff either; we'll see what happens with Uwk and a couple more toons that are getting close to "earning" level 100 (I have a few that I Tokened up to that point, and the gear they got for that is awesome as well).

As far as getting up to level 100 crafting goes, yeah, once you hit level 95, F2P or not, it's a HUGE slog/grind to get past that, and just doing Rush Writs doesn't really help with that much any more. The best thing, I've found, is to jump on the actual timeline quests, especially if you have any sort of XP potions. It may be tricky with toons that aren't level 95+ adventurers yet, but it can be done. :)

Uwk
    Saw-Lau, Desetibrat, Soara2 and 2 others like this.
  18. Faeonara Well-Known Member

You can set the point where you want to go to when clicking on go to home .Go stand out side the door of you home ( or any other location in the city if you want ) and look in your book for the icon that says set recall point (it will be under the abilities tab in your knowlledge book ) Click on the icon and it will allow you to return to this place any time you cast the go to home icon . Hope this is what you were looking for .
    Saw-Lau, Soara2, Desetibrat and 2 others like this.
  19. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Oh you definitely need to round out your crafters and get the last ones you need to get all 9....Seriously all 9!!!!! Help me here Uwk, Breanna, guys, everybody, she seriously needs all 9, she can make another FtP!!!! Prayer Shawl, Proof is in the Pudding, Anchorage, you know all the good things, pack ponies, plants, gobbies…. come on she really needs all 9!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Side Note:

All of us dedicated crafters, harvesters, and decorators have a hard time following authority or directives!!! It is in our nature to do things against the system, not exploiting or anything, but just differently than intended, like only using a little tiny piece of an item in a design as a handle or something and hiding the rest of it.

PS

Did I say you really need to round out your crafters and get the others you need for your full set of 9?
  20. Soara2 Well-Known Member

It's cheaper to buy char slots in the long run because of expansion costs. I agree that you should have all 9 lol