Extensive Epic 2.0 Feedback for All Classes (Constructive)

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Mogrim, Mar 14, 2017.

1. Pixilicious Well-Known Member

Or for channeler could add group ward to Channeled Transference.
    Or 5 more resolve.
    Or Consume construct could give power to the whole group !
  2. Bydekm New Member

It's difficult enough to find people who want to raid as Illusionists. We get a spell with a small fervor upgrade for a minuscule amount of time, and a spell that essentially adds another time intensive utility job to our spell cycle. Barely anything that benefits the illy. No wonder many are flocking over to the Conjuror flavor of the month.

You're making the class more desirable for everyone in raid, but the illy.
  3. Zelox Active Member

I think it's funny that everyone is saying "conj" rather than "summoner"
  4. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

;) there is good reason for that ...
    Mizgamer62 and Jrox like this.
  5. Zelox Active Member

i mean, theyre still pretty close.
  6. Lucus Well-Known Member

really? you think that illy's don't benefit? merely because they can't use the reset on themselves (or you believe so, i don't have an illy so i can't check), consider this, the ability to reset ascension abilities of someone even if it is only every half hour per person and you cycle that through your group is pretty powerful if you let your best dps know that they should call out once when they really need a reset, especially in a raid.

illy's reset is a powerful tool that to be used to best effect relies on the teamwork skill of the illusionist coordinating with others.

no other ability has the capacity to reset ascension abilities.
  7. Jrox Well-Known Member

Don't deny it's power. But I will debate the "FUN" of it. We already have calls being made in vent on pulls or someone running DKP, or raid leader giving instructions, Curses being called. Now you want say, two Illy's, calling out in raid for resets? Macro something else to watch for while raiding, all the while keeping track of who's been reset and who hasn't over a 45 min period and resetting the first up and the next, five minutes after that and so on and so on... I don't know what class you play, but it is certainly not an Illusionist. Or maybe then you would understand the encumbering effect this has on an Illy's raid experience. But by all means you are entitled to your opinion as much as you are to create and play an Illy.
  8. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

@Jrox
    Anyhow remind me sad time of EQ1 than necro been used on raids only as a "twich-*****" - really zero fun of serving as a mana **** for clerics on CHeal rotation
    Jrox likes this.
  9. Meneltel Well-Known Member

We used to joke about "time to insert the handle, Necros! So bend over, drop your linen and start your grinnin'! Its about to be "pumpin' time!"
    Jrox and DoomDrake like this.
  10. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

it was Kurnak time raiding :mad: . With PoP x-pack it was necro's glory time - no one, not even rogues with epic could come even close to the necros in terms of DPS and most importantly DPSing w/o messing up raid agro (Pet-Splurt-Funeral Pyre-Devoring Darkness-Plague-"some nasty mana inefficient poison DOT* - life draining over time- few more fire dots - FD ... get up few sec later waiting till timer comes to refresh dots :)
    Heh because of way agro worked necro could stack track load dots at start and not pull agro because all dots were let say many tics and long time (like 90-120s at least) And best of all unlike wizards we been power self sufficient - we could slow cook targets none stop
    Jrox likes this.
  11. Lucus Well-Known Member

I don't know what sort of guild you have, but in my guild we have 3 illusionists for raids and we usually only have 2 in raid, if you have a decent raidforce that knows when to talk and when to be silent it's not an issue for one person to ask if they can get a reset or an illusionist to call out if someone specific needs a reset (due to a fight mechanic where you need their dps at best)

that's all you need, people who are disciplined with communications and will ask when they truely need a reset for something important rather then asking because they can.

you don't have to constantly throw a reset out ever 7 or so minutes to cycle out through your group, but you can when the fight doesn't have any scripts that you would need to potentially hold it in reserve.
  12. Jrox Well-Known Member

I'm in a pretty laxed guild. It's casual for the most part. But thanks...;) I would never presume to tell my raid folks how to act, as I am not an officer and it's not my place. I am looking for a constructive way to control the flow on my own. I should not be dependent on anyone else for my ability disbursement (when and how to cast) as no one else in raid needs it. (See my point?) :) While at the same point, recasting it when it's up is ideal, not 7 minutes later but five. This allows for the maximum results. In turn it helps the raid force MORE and it's not just a spell I throw out for the hell of it. It is a powerful spell that should be capitalized on at every opportunity that it presents itself.
    DoomDrake likes this.
  13. Skulls Member

After reading this initial post, and I realize you did a lot of work to prepare it, but in all honestly this post is ridiculous,
    1. First off most will disagree with your assumptions made on changes to many of the classes, I see some good ideas, but also some bad ones, not going to list them, not looking to argue over them.
    The Devs are never going to change every single classes buff, so why bother discussing any of it.
    The main problem is its too much, to large, your never going to convince any Devs to work on all that! Nor do I see any need for them to, did they ever change, adjust or fix anything we got from our epic 1.0? I'm not saying everything the Devs did was balanced or right, but you get what your class gets, stop second guessing everything and just enjoy the game.

Hate to bring rain to the picnic, but listing every single class and giving them some boost to their buffs to try to get your class an even bigger buff increase is getting old. I don't see this as a constructive exercise.
    Jrox likes this.
  14. Jrox Well-Known Member

Agree for the most part. but it did allow for folks of different classes to pipe up about how they feel about their epic buffs and what they would like to see changed. Maybe the devs don't take anything away from this. Or maybe, just maybe, one thing caught there eye and found its way into game. Now wouldn't that be something! ;)