Extensive Epic 2.0 Feedback for All Classes (Constructive)

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Mogrim, Mar 14, 2017.

1. Revanu Well-Known Member

100% agree.

What I'm stating is, to fully maximize the use of Wendigo, A LOT of trivial points have to be spent in otherwise useless abilities to maximize its potential.

Yes, it is indeed different that your intent behind the manaward aspect. but in essence it is also of the same dilemma. To maximize a rewarded ability to the highest degree, a new approach has to be taken for said ability. Id just as much not use the combat arts and melee specd things to begin with because melee is atrocious. And being a mystic, all xpacs prior, we were melee machines, like wardens and inquisitors. Its just a different ball game now. and its quite sad. Stampede at an all time low. :(

Simply giving notice that there are other classes who have to rework AA to maximize what should be something unrelated to a spec and more so related to the class itself.
  2. Mogrim Well-Known Member

The idea of base fervor is a good one.
    I suggested something different: "Epic Fervor" - works the same as Fervor, but is factored AFTER Fervor.
    Overall, they'd function similarly, except in one way: Fervor Caps. If you hit the cap, your epic 2.0 will start to not matter.
    Mizgamer62 and Jrox like this.
  3. Jrox Well-Known Member

I'm sorry. After some thought on this subject along with the Ascension spell debacle I have come to a whole new conclusion. EQ2 is pay to win now. If you have the cash to dump into Ascension abilities anyone can top the parse... Doesn't matter what your epic spells are honestly. Just pay the cash for upgrading Ascension spells and you will be uber again!

Just sayin... What's the point debating anything anymore. Isn't this what Gamebreak wants, balance without balance? Tons of cash for them and no maintenance required.
  4. Meneltel Well-Known Member

I have had a guildie for months saying that DBGs was going P2W. We didn't believe him... then. Now? Some of us do, or at least have a much more open mind about it.
    Lateana likes this.
  5. Kari Well-Known Member

The Defiler dog is himself an AA, and in order for him to survive aoe he needs 22 points in the strength line. In addition, to get the best use out of him, there are additional AA that you can take. I have 30+ points in him at the moment, but it's a fairly standard defiler spec so not a hardship.
  6. Earar Well-Known Member

For the warden, I think the pet is nice ... hybrid pet, cool .. but why a self attack damage buff as second spell ?

sure dps is always good, even for healers, there's still so times to cast a spell or use a CA. would have prefered something that could have helped our issues. but well :) or something for the group, I prefer being able to boost my allies, because I'm sure they'll do dps as I may waste it because it's low duration and I may need to cast emergency heal or something. and as said the duration is too low.

if you go that way, many pets need AAs to let them survive AoE

tell me if I'm wrong but the strength AA line is quite good and usefull for shamans anyway and you pet is great. As an old AA it's one of the best. really usefull compared to most KoS first AAs. but the coercer AA isn't even a wanted one.
  7. Earar Well-Known Member

yeah but your spell even if not maxed will still be somewhat usefull and situational .. as coercers ... it's a wasted spell if they don't take the AA.
    for the defiler, it may be a weak ability or situational if the dog dies. For warden it will still do a bit of Auto attack damage even though the warden doesn't spec at all for melee CA (wich anyway every warden does just because the CA deals more damage than the master spells) .. for mystics, you still have the spell and can use it, even though it's crappy.

for coercer it's crappy but it can even be crappier if the coercer isn't specced at all to the AA.

the good point is you don't have to wonder which spell to upgrade as coercer :)
  8. Mermut Well-Known Member

The shaman dog one AA that every shaman takes because it is the top of the shaman page. Mana ward requires 21 AA on the class specific page that is effectively useless w/o the epic 2.0 buff and nearly useless with the epic 2.0 buff
  9. Kari Well-Known Member

Oh I am not complaining about the defiler epic dogdog. I really enjoy having him, especially since he has evil red eyes and tends to drool on group mates. I have run 100s of PQs to upgrade him and it was well worth it.

I was just answering the question if any other classes than coercers require an AA to use their epic spell. The defiler dog is himself an AA. He doesn't exist outside of AA. But there have been very few expacs where speccing for him hasn't been the best choice, and those old non-dog specs have become obsolete through gear and new abilities.
    Raff likes this.
  10. Earar Well-Known Member

The question would better have been :
    Who else has an epic spell based on a not that usefull AA ?
  11. Ruckus Well-Known Member

Player A and Player B both play the same class in raid.

Player A is a decent player and did well on the parse in the last expansion compared to Player B who was getting beaten by most healers on the parse. Player B has always been facerolling horribad and you just have to wonder if they are even trying to DPS at all.

Fast forward to now and Player A is not socking a lot of plat or SC into their toon's ascensions vs. Player B who has pretty much GMed all of their first 10 ascensions. Player B is now beating Player A on the parse because of this.

It's not about skill or class knowledge. It's all about pay to look like they are winning, when in fact they're still facerolling.
    Meneltel, DoomDrake, Lateana and 6 others like this.
  12. Coty Member

Ehh dont worrie about it DB is fair, Player A can always laughter goats and such to the RNG gods for adepts and he can also research the skills.
    So Player A will beat Player B again in (what was it ?) a year or so after he's done researching. Well maybe. DB might change their minds on how X ascension class does more DPS then another and "balance" them again. :D
  13. Jrox Well-Known Member

Balance, ROFL, is that what were calling their meddling now?
    Mizgamer62, Ruckus and DoomDrake like this.
  14. Geobaldi01 New Member

The Channeler spells should have the following changed.

Combat Awareness: (other than your mentioned fervor change) needs the useless part of point blank shot removed (we get that ability at level 1). In its place the 30% chance to do Pummel from Emergency Power should be transferred (and allowed to crit). This would allow extra damage without being OP and make the ability worthwhile to upgrade (Fervor really doesn't do 'much' for Channeler healing as we use a very different mechanics from other healers)

Emergency Power: The healing on Emergency power is perfect. I'm not gonna lie. Any more to it and it would be OP as hell. This power is the only one I have been upgrading because it increases the amount per tic and the duration. Its biggest problem is how it adds a Pummel proc. The Pummel proc is a 30% chance on attack to hit with Pummel. Due to the fact that the heal being % based doesn't crit, I'm guessing that the Devs forgot to uncheck that from Pummel because Pummel is not critting making the damage 100% useless. Also note that Emergency power only lasts for approx 11-16 seconds or so (based on rank and faulty memory) with a pet that only attacks once every 2.5 seconds. If having Pummel added to Combat Awareness is too much, then the damage part needs to crit and add one of the following; be 100% chance per attack or temporary reduce the attack delay of the pet to 1 second.

I play a Channeler as my Raid Main in Main Tank Group.
    Prissetta likes this.
  15. Zelox Active Member

Instead of kitchen nightmares there needs to be a gaming nightmares Gordon ramsay so he can yell at everyone about their lack of quality
    Kioske, Jrox and Mizgamer62 like this.
  16. Zelox Active Member

the sad problem with all the epic 2.0 buffs is that they are all so generic and probably won't be changed much if at all :(. I'd redo mostly all of them completely
    Jrox and Mizgamer62 like this.
  17. Vunder Well-Known Member

I would rate both F/F

Whoever thought of these clearly has no understanding of how the class works. I think they should be scrapped and totally reworked. Healing the pet is super easy, power is never a problem, healing in general is ok. Bringing utility to the table would help.

I believe several channelers have mentioned this in other posts but ill put it here, all of which are different ideas. I dont' have anything fresh to bring to the table, but I do like number 4 and 2 especially. maybe if they were paired together.

1. Give an effect that makes Salubrious Invocation from Group AE to just AE.
    2. Increase modifier of ranged weapon of channelers. (only in DPS stance)
    3. Add a buff to pet similar to shamans
    4. Change constructs sacrifice into a 5 proc group heal, costs remain the same, only in healing stance.
    I love my channeler and have played him since day one. I was a little sad to see how pathetic the 2.0 abilities were.
    Pixilicious likes this.
  18. Pixilicious Well-Known Member

I don't really understand why you are saying the healing on Emergency power is perfect. For my pet the heals I been using keep it nearly full health almost all times so far on any raidmob I tried, I barely even have to heal it, even if I'm solo healing a group. (did all mobs up to t4) Never even have to use this spell, and especially since it is such a long recast how could I even rely on such a pet heal ? So only if the recast on it would be ALOT faster, this pet heal would make being "perfect" any sense to me.
  19. Geobaldi01 New Member

I mainly use Emergency Power for the fights that hit the Main Tank a little too hard. During those fights I like to keep the single target ward running constantly. Doing this while keeping the pet full health in a fight with zero junk to cure can sometimes lead to having higher Dissonance than I'd be happy with. Emergency Power gives me all the pet healing I need for zero Dissonance which helps offset the load.

Now, what you're seeing and what I'm seeing might be entirely different. In our raid force about half of our healers are casual players. The Main Tank doesn't get much if any cross group heals. We're also using a Defiler / Channeler combo for the Main Tank group. From what you've said, I can only assume (so please forgive me if I'm wrong) that you are not the Main Tank healer in your raid. If I was in any other group other than the Main Tank group, I'd totally agree that I would never need to use Emergency Power even if I was solo healing.
    Pixilicious likes this.
  20. Pixilicious Well-Known Member

Ok, understand your point, been in the MT grp before too, (although i kept grp intercept on all times, didn't think single was needed, as the tank never needed much healing) but still even if i use siphoned protection usually just throw up contruct's regen then pet is fine, so was just trying to say have not found any heal intensive fight yet this expansion, and even if there is, or going to be t4 or the expert raidmobs, this heal is just on a recast timer that is more like an emergency heal. My pet's health only goes down noticably when mobs cast Int debuffs on me :(
    But anyways so i was thinking and maybe instead of the absolutely useless Point Blank Shot, we could get something to increase the range of our group revive, and not even sure what is the range of Essence revival but could just make them both 20m or something. Would be something better than an ability we already have.