Extensive Epic 2.0 Feedback for All Classes (Constructive)

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Mogrim, Mar 14, 2017.

1. Revanu Well-Known Member

Wendigo is hot trash. and by hot trash i mean awful.
    Lateana, Kioske and DoomDrake like this.
  2. Rougez Active Member

I too, am not a fan of the passive dps the hawk generates. In raids, without the use of ascension, the hawk is beating out all of my CA's minus a few fights were dagger storm or sniper shot had myth crits. Look, its auto attacks and broken poisons all over again...

Unlimited Makeshift arrow would be pretty sweet addition to Unfetter
  3. Safirah Member

Honestly, I think the swash epic 2.0 is a little lacking. If swashes are supposed to be desirable, sure, give them all the utility that they've been getting, but give them a little bit of self dps too... A happy fix would be around 10 or 15 self fervor maybe? I think if that was added it would help a ton.
  4. Canth Active Member

I've been thinking about how to say this constructively for a few days. Embodiment of Nature isn't a B, it's more like a C- or D. Don't get me wrong, the potency is decent, but it's forcing us to cast heals when heals are almost never required, so two spells to get group potency. If the devs thought they'd give us some potency by attaching a spell to one we already cast, the heals aren't it. The idea that those heals are now group wide is an interesting idea, but in a raid setting, I only have to truly cast constant heals on a couple mobs. Most mobs I get my best heals (wards) by dpsing. In a heroic setting, which I rarely do and never pug, it's the same. Making that spell instacast would help on the mobs I have to cast heals on, otherwise it's really just forcing fury dps downward.
  5. Pitta Active Member

I do agree that Anthem of Battle needs to be improved, but i would not do it through weapon skills. The damage bonus that we get from weapon skills is negligible, and through current gear it is quite easy to reach the damage increase cap. After 1500, all we need it for is hit rates. I agree that there needs to be a fervor component to it, but i would make it the same amount as the troub groupwide buff, which is 9 fervor, especially considering the fact that troubs already get groupwide uncontested avoidance from their prestige AA's.

In regards to Anthem of War, the only change i would make to it is lowering the base reuse of the ability from 5 minutes to 2 minutes. More groupwide fervor is not necessary.
    I completely agree with the Maelstrom of Sound change. There is no reason for a root/daze that cannot be prevented through immunities to be on this buff.
    Kioske likes this.
  6. Mermut Well-Known Member

Root/daze is silly, I agree, but immunity items have never prevented 'friendly' root/daze/control effects.
  7. Jrox Well-Known Member

Appreciate the time you took upon yourself to put this together... That said,

Uhhggg, I like the thought you put into this but as an Illy, I would like to submit my 2 cents. And zero offence meant toward you or the Illy you may have conferred with.

Timelord:

I shouldn't have to wait for a 5 minute recast. If you're willing to go to a 20 minute reset for target then make the recast 3.5minutes. This would be the sweet spot. one target every 5 minutes and only once per target every 20 minutes is still very non (wow) imho.

Chronal Mastery:

Love it either way, either would make the spell much more fun and lasting through the game as time wore on. Well done!
  8. BuddyT Member

His point was they are so bad they aren't worth using. That's why he called it useless and said he doesn't spec manaward. My point is not that either ability is great but that they are certainly not useless. And I don't know what your coercer spec looks like mermut but I find the idea that you don't have a single aa point that is worth less than the 800 potential pot you're giving up by not taking manaward once it's ancient laughable.

I should add that at high ranks mastermind's duration gets a lot longer. If you're in a high dps guild you can precast it on the pet and have it running for most or all of shorter fights and can get a lot more procs out of it for each cast as it advances up in rank making it more worth casting in addition to the extra damage per hit awarded by the higher ranks of the spell.
  9. Kioske Well-Known Member

Void Mastery lasts 6 seconds and zero of the spells that trigger it were in my normal spell rotation. I'd be lucky if all of them put together add up to 3% of my parse, but the issue with some of them is that they're so inefficient the jury is still out of they're worth casting for the fervor. 6 seconds, with server spell lag, means I can get 1-2 spells in. 1 if it's an ascension spell, if I'm lucky. To keep the spell active at all times I have to cast a nearly useless spell every 6 seconds somewhere in my rotation.

That being said, I don't really want the spell to give more fervor, I'd rather have the duration increased to 8-10 seconds. Even if they change it to only trigger every 45-60 seconds per spell instead of every 30 seconds. Though with how poor warlock DPS is these days, maybe 50+ fervor triggered would even things up a little bit.

Edit: I take that back, since the left side spec change, I do cast Aura of Void regularly now to trigger Voided for the 6 fervor there.
  10. Veta Well-Known Member

With left side spec and troub the duration will increase. The issue with wanting static fervor is at some it will become irrelevant. In order to keep these relevant they should just make it, for the sake of example, 10% base fervor. So if you have 100 fervor, that is an extra 10. If you have 200 fervor that is an extra 20, and so on. The buff will maintain value as stats inflate and the cap raises.
    Whiomaju and Kioske like this.
  11. Lucus Well-Known Member

so basically you prefer self dps boost rather then a group dps boost? because as is swashie epic abilities will boost your group's dps, you can reset fellow scouts and your own CAs so you and they can hit their high dps chains again and you give the entire group fervor for 8 seconds (it's 10.1 fervor at ancient).
    Revanu and Kioske like this.
  12. Thand Well-Known Member

Conj and Necro Epic pet P)lainswaker and reaper . The no seperate agro pool is a pain but, It woud be semi manage if pets aa;s tha effect Agro worked such as Minions Intent lowers hate of pet if not fighter by -20% and Minions intention which is a -position proc basicly all - agro and and position aa;s do not work on epic pets, FI they could work that would be great :)
  13. Mermut Well-Known Member

The problem with mana ward is that it is in the bar of 4 on the coercer page.. that would require that I either take one of the points out of that line and put it in mana ward, or spend a bunch MORE points on the coercer page to get a third in the line of 4. That means I'd have to find an extra 21 points from elsewhere if I want mana ward. The buff to mana ward isn't worth wasting 20 (more) points on the coercer page, plus the 1 more to get mana ward.
    Earar and Malleria like this.
  14. Yards Well-Known Member

I do maintain the epic fervor buff however it is not fun at all. The majority of my time is spent trying to maintain the buffs I have that are proc'd off of other abilities. Juggling all these buffs takes a lot away from the enjoyment of my class and I wish they found a different way to implement buffs. With that being said I don't think they will change any epic abilities, I can't even get them to fix warlock abilities that don't work with ascension change in damage type. The whole mentality the developer's have right now is tunnel visioned on how to make the game worse than it was the day before.
    Mizgamer62, Safirah and Kioske like this.
  15. echoing Member

[IMG]
    Dirge

Anthem of Battle

Rating: D+/C-
    Small-picture fix: Add 25% increase to base weapon skills to group.
    Big-picture fix: Same as above, but also add 3 Epic Fervor to group.
    Reason: Defensive-only buff is extremely unpopular. Add a little extra to this to make it more versatile.

Anthem of War

Rating: B
    Rating C+/B-
    Small-picture fix: Change to temp buff that instead gives 20 Fervor.
    Big-picture fix: Change to temp buff that instead gives 10 Epic Fervor.
    Reason: Severe scaling issues otherwise. Inflation-proofing.

Just a thought/idea but what if anthem of battle also made BC group wide and then change BC to be more relevant? would give us the defensive and would make the epic spell more exciting and unique with an offensive buff that brings damage to the group.

As for Anthem of War I don't know how i feel about it completely but i don't like the idea of giving us a temp troub buff and giving the troub our spell but buffed. would like to see anthem of war improved though. maybe keep it the way it is, increase the over-cap and CB values slightly and then the ancient version have a small fervor value to it... i don't know
  16. Mermut Well-Known Member

Aside from Coercer, is there any class that requires AA (even if it's less then the 21 AA Coercers need) to gain benefit from one (or more) of their epic 2.0 abilities?
  17. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Perhaps returning FC to pre nerf state would be a lot more reasonable solution for warlock Epic 2.0 (and removing CB cap of course as a part of the spell)
  18. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

CA for fellow scouts worth like may be 10% of DPS parse :) reset of Ascending skills that would be completely different story :D
  19. Revanu Well-Known Member

Yes, mystic, wendigo is premised around base auto attack multiplier, Priests are given 2 dps stances as you know, spell cast and melee, so in order to maximize the minimal (more so useless) aspect of wendigo, not only is it in your best interest to spec the CA conversion, but also spec and modify for enhanced litany of combat as well as dps mod/wdb/ and dare i say flurry? if it wasnt a anti beneficial ability it wouldn't be so irritating.

Since it is no beneficial spell while using, it is just blah considering all you have to do via AA selections just to get the most out of it.
    Lateana likes this.
  20. Mermut Well-Known Member

Mystics already auto-attack. It's not that mana ward gets more benefit from AA.. Mana Ward itself it AA only.. w/o spending the 21 AA to get mana ward.. coercers simply don't have it. It's not a matter of 'maximal benefit' for coercers.. they actually don't have the ability, at all, unless they spend 21 AA to get it.

One of the warden ability boosts auto-attack multiplier as well.. but I don't consider that wardens 'need' to take their offensive stance to make use of it, because it works even if they don't take offensive stance/aren't in offensive stance.
    Earar likes this.