Extensive Epic 2.0 Feedback for All Classes (Constructive)

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Mogrim, Mar 14, 2017.

1. -Soteria- Well-Known Member

I'd rather have a modest damage component added to Divine Righteousness, if I was giving feedback. I think it would be more "fun" and less of a job to incorporate into my cast order. I'd be satisfied with something in the 1.5 - 2 million tooltip damage range, at my stat level. I think that would take some of the sting out of losing Interrogation because of having to spec for the HP buff instead.

I'm fairly happy with Fanatic's Focus. I wouldn't change a thing myself, but if somebody tried to give me 20 fervor, I'd sure as hell take it.
    Mogrim and Malleria like this.
  2. Azian Well-Known Member

First off, I actually appreciate you taking the time to make this post even though I don't agree with your rankings as it pertains to my class (brig). I can't speak for the other classes.

I'm chuckling at the idea that Riot is given the same rank as Reaper and nearly the same as Heartseeker. I mentioned this to you in another thread a while back but, Double Up is NOT acting as ability double cast any longer. It only did for less than a week. The important part about that comment is that it does NOT affect ascension abilities any longer. So, adding a bit of time to double up has very limited value. Most of us who spent any time on the brig already had a casting order maximizing our traditional skills during double up and by the time you are reaching the end you don't have any uber abilities that are left that you are otherwise losing huge dps on by not including. So, while adding a few extra doubled attacks at the end of your rotation is nice, they aren't anything to write home about. It's not the worst ability in the bunch but I'd place it at a solid C grade.

Crimson Swath. First off, your suggestions would make the ability MUCH better. As it is now, it buffs our worst and slowest blue attack. The one we were least likely to cast due to overall weakness and time. In the current form, I'd rank this as a D. Worth casting sometimes but still quite low on any casting order.
    Mogrim likes this.
  3. duckster Active Member

Ranger

Heartseeker:

Remove the passive dps of hawk and actually let it boost ranger abilities by xx% to make them worthwhile casting. Being a summoner lite isnt ideal in my eyes. The dps it generates is alot more than i would like(should be 10% max whilst having a passive effect on ranger or even group). In its current form its lazy dps or rewarding if you grinded your character stats ie tithe. Adding group hate siphon like the other hawk would maybe be a step too far ...:)

Unfetter:

Positional requirement is nice however personally speaking id prefer it to give a boost to poisons or grant unlimited triggers to makeshift arrows. Just seems so generic and not ranger specific....there is a lot of ideas generated from previous class balance feedback.

- Casting speed changes would be a welcome change too
    - Reduces most abilities to 1min base recast(that 2min 30 recast of sniper shot only to be blocked/parried sucks !) Make our CAs relevant again.Dagger storm and sniper squad is only ones breaking top 10 on sustained parses for me.
    - Make arrow damage debuff mobs for xx type of dmg

Just some suggestions and likely ill get a few laughs for wanting changes to the hawk.
    Mogrim likes this.
  4. Lucus Well-Known Member

dunno about anyone else but it looks like a big ole list of buff everyone's fervor buff.

paladin, swash and mystic epic abilities are fine.

paladin:
    temp pet and heretic buff are good for pally they get some more damage and can boost the grp's damage a little

swashe:
    ability doublecast on temps, flexable you can ration them out to get 5% almost all the time or stack them.
    reset the groups CA's plus some fervor for about 8 seconds? very nice, love both of these abilities.

mystic: wendigo have to use wisely but rewarding, ancestors good all round fervor for someone, longer duration of bolster so you can keep it up and recast without expiring, cast time is not a problem if you have any skill as a healer.
    Mogrim likes this.
  5. Nero Active Member

The only change that would be a "nice have" for Master's Interpose would be for it to also extend the range of Intercept to at least 15 or 20 meters to account for the mages that are always chasing that extra large unda hit.

As of right now I feel like the people that could use the perma DR cannot get it cause they are standing out of my reach as this is what always ends up happening:

{Tank}---0-3 Meters---{Named}---0-3 Meters---{Priests and Scouts}-------------10-15 meters-------------{Mages}

As you can see, most fights, mages are gonna be out of intercept range.
    Mogrim likes this.
  6. Mogrim Well-Known Member

I agree with this. OR if nothing else, have Divine Righteousness apply it's effects whenever you cast Condemn, therefore being a pure boost without generating a waste of time.
  7. Mogrim Well-Known Member

Gotcha. Perhaps let it grant 10 "Epic Fervor" while active as well, aka 10% damage boost in addition to duration increase.
    Azian likes this.
  8. Mogrim Well-Known Member

Yeah. I think that some of the game Developers are pretty knowledgeable DnD players, or at least know the lore, and Ranger Hawk is a nod to the "Animal Friendship" style of Ranger play. It is passive damage. It's super strong. And because I want this post to be successful, I'm not trying to get the "super strong" Epic 2.0's nerfed. I'm really not. Because I hated the feeling when one of my favorite abilities was nerfed, and the last thing I truly want is for someone else to feel that.

That said, It's always great to explore other ideas!

Mine was allowing the positional/stealth requirements to be removed but then giving an extra incentive to still take advantage of them.
    Meneltel likes this.
  9. Mogrim Well-Known Member

Hey hey!

From my experience, the Paladin Heretic Buff is the questionable one. Just from raw numbers, it does VERY little, and I'd like to see it get more love. The pet I'm less worried about.

Swash I think is great, totally agree.

Mystic: I think the reward isn't worth enough to justify the risk. The damage increase just isn't important on anything other than easy Heroic content and Solo content. From a raiding perspective, this ability just isn't that good. Unless somehow you were a mystic and you were stuck with a second shammy so you would use this as actual healing support? Dang that would be pretty obscure but that is the only time I can see it being viable in a raid.
  10. Mogrim Well-Known Member

This is really solid feedback. 100% support the concept.
  11. Rondo9 Active Member

Also actually make Magistratus work, its been broken since day one and casting fusion doesnt increase fervor as listed.
  12. Anzark Member

Necromancer - Reap should be changed into something like this.

Necrotic Consumption: Consumption now lasts until canceled and its damage is increased by 5x. Caster gains 10 fervor.
  13. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Beatlord
    First of all Mogrim - our warder is NOT DPS pet (never been, we never asked for it) it's also NOT a tank (again never asked for that lol) but my GMed raptor now running at 23M life (lol?) and capable of stealing AND keeping agro from tanks on PQ - I don't think we want it or need it. I'd rather see something along line - speedup weakness availability (down to 1s may be) and "may be" speed up availability of primas. Now lol I use my warder like a tank. Warders for BL its more persistent instrument for generation savagery increments
    About Savage Ally - I haven't seen it been generated THAT much hate to be worry about - my guess it been turned about right now not to powerful so Veta not complaining about it anymore and not to weak so I am not ******** about it lol
  14. Mermut Well-Known Member

Charged Warding
    My coercer isn't specced for mana ward and nothing about the epic 2.0 abilities motivates me to spec into it. At apprentice level I can blow most of my power to give somebody a paltry 300 potency for 30 seconds.. with current potency levels that is nearly inconsquential. As for the ward? Even if coercers were healers rather then mages, an average size ward that can only be cast every 2.5 minutes is of minimal use. For a mage, it is even less useful.

Mastermind
    In raids the coercer pet might get up to a whole 2-3m dps... Before I saw the epic 2.0 abliities, I never bothered to bring the pet up. I've started bringing up.. or rather trying to remember to bring it up, since I have to recast the useless thing (I've even named it Useless :p) every time I zone or die. A short duration long recast temp buff to the pet is.. uninspiring. I haven't had a chance to test it out in raid yet, but I'm not optomistic.

At this point, the only real reason for coercers to get their epic 2.0 is the 25 fervor on the weapon...

Nature's Grace
    The tiny amount of auto-attack multiplier combined with the short duration make it fairly useless. The reuse decrease on the combat arts make it marginally useful when paired with Siphon Fervor to proc fervor for the group, but the actual dps buffage from it is marginal, at best.

Tunare's Chosen
    The pet does decent dps, but the healing component is next to worthless. The size of the heals is small, the radius is small and, most telling, they're direct heals. With the current mechanics, the pet does nothing to increase the healing capacity of wardens.

Getting epic 2.0 done does absolutely NOTHING to help wardens heal and they don't even get any group buffage. Given the current healing mechanics and the epic 2.0 for wardens, I can only surmise that the devs have decided wardens are low dps utility and not actually healers. I still can't solo heal the frenzied feeder in Workshop without losing at least one person unless the group has overwhelming dps.. that is extremely depressing for a healer with capped cb, 20k pot and over 300k ab mod..
    captainbeatty451 likes this.
  15. CharbrynEQ2 Well-Known Member

I am behind thanks to starting KA late, so I haven't got my brigand epic yet - with that said, why on earth is Crimson Swatch not a passive boost/buff to Barroom Negotiation, or at least an "until cancelled" buff for it? It should definitely be made instant cast if kept in its current form. Or maybe split it into the buff for the original ability, and then an additional blue AE with the longer recast. :)
    Whiomaju likes this.
  16. Shesaz Active Member

17. Rainmare Well-Known Member

Heretic DOES effect the raid. anyone within range of it in the raid gets the buff. (I think it's like 30 meters) though I wouldn't mind it increasing the duration, that's for sure. ten seconds isn't a lot of time for people to have or get their big hits in when they see the macro/buff come up.unless the epic spell 'upgrade' effect isn't working right?

the pet at ancient seems to hit decently, he's not a conjy pet or ranger pet no...but his hits also heal..wether those are heals just on me or on the group I dunno I'd have to look.
  18. BuddyT Member

Mana Ward is 1 AA point. EV is 1 point for around 150pot, why not spend 1 point for 300? at higher ranks the ratio gets better and at ancient its 800+ potency. Obviously no one is taking it for the ward, but you can make your top dps happy by throwing some free potency their way.

Have you ever parsed Mastermind? Like gone into a raid and actually used the ability on a consistent basis? Its not bad. Mine's only expert and it parses 20-30mil usually and can get as high as 50mil.
  19. Mermut Well-Known Member

Manaward
    I'd have to give up AA I use to get mana ward.. the duration is short and I have to blow all my mana for it.

Mastermind
    Casting it every time it comes up, it brings pet dps up from 2m to 14m. Not nothing, true. But I have to keep buffing the pet and it does less then the always on warden pet. So a class that is balanced, somewhat, around it's pet gets a much smaller buff to said pet then a brand new pet for a class that never had anything to do with pets before gets.
  20. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Eh? about 1/10-1/20 of DPS of ranger birdy? or better say about as much as Sarnak ranger Merc :)