Experimental gear in Dungeon Maker is the fastest leveling ?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Rutaq, Dec 20, 2012.

1. Erszebeth Active Member

Honestly, I could care less about people exploiting or whatever with DM, I just wish SOE would take the code on it back to a level where it was reasonable to do it on any character at any level in normal gear and have fun with it, the way it was intended, instead of needing to exploit the piss out of it for just a respectable run through for fun.
  2. Avirodar Well-Known Member

Thank you for testing this, and relaying the process in such an informative manner.

It is evident you have little personal bias on the topic, and conveyed your message effectively.
  3. Vailene Member

You sir, are clearly delusional yourself. This DM "glitch" is crap in comparison to SOS, and COD. I can still level much faster in SEVERAL areas over this DM piddly crap.

Let's talk about facts, DM "advantages" are hardly a topic.... It's 1 level per run, mobs aggro back most of the time, and you need to zone.

I have 8 accounts... lmfao... I'd MUCH rather mentor myself and run other *wink* areas that have had glitches for years... thanks.

Let those that only have 1 or 2 accounts to have their fun. Who are we to judge or cause this pointless attention with SOE?....

Some people simply don't have the resources and this allowed them the opportunity to have fun with the game too. Is an MMO not about fun?

This holy-ier than thou crap is really getting old. Surely, your raid guild didn't help you Avirodar. :) I'm certain you've earned it ALLLLLL on your own. :)

I have a good idea, since you have your 95's now let's stop the unfortunate from getting them.... Surely, that would make you happy since you'd clearly invested "sooo much time" into everything..

Enjoy your own "exploited PLs" and leave these people alone.
  4. Avirodar Well-Known Member

You "projected" the fastest you could do it, is 7 hours.
    Lamatu posted a very detailed report of how he done it in 2.75.

Are you claiming you can easily hit max level + max AAs in 2hrs 45 minutes in other places? I call bogus on that.

Lamatu's report also reveals how the "effort" involved (zoning) is very little in comparison to having to run around places like SOS.

And... Are you advertising that you abuse other glitched areas/mobs? Not very smart.
    Terein likes this.
  5. Lamatu Active Member

This thread was started Dec. 20th and the double xp for which I attempted this was from 12/30/12 to 1/3/13.
    Now the mods on this forum are strict about striking threads which talk of Exploits and as this thread is now 20 days old I don't see SOE getting out the Ban Hammer for this.

I would like to add that not too long ago back in the SF xpac a toon could be PL'd to 90 and whatever AA in say 7-10 hours, depending if your good xp contested zones were camped. Now of course SOE has nerfed many of these places like reducing xp in the Hole or doing away with Encounter Bonus from mobs.

I am not sure what SOE would consider is to fast to PL? Is 20, 10 or 3 hours too fast to get a toon to max level and be ready to outfit for raiding , soloing or doing heroics?

I do know that after questing up with a few toons ever since the SF xpac that I prefer to PL so I may enjoy the game the way I want to. I only now quest if faction is needed as was the case for yellow and red shards and SS faction armor.

Off topic for this thread I haven't done a single quest in CoE on any toons but I have farmed over 40 pieces of red slot armor from the solo zones for all my alts.
  6. Menion New Member

The real question here is SK or Zerker to do this with? I have heard both are good...
  7. Vailene Member

I'm "advertising" nothing of the sort, Avirodar, besides this would take 7-8 hour to do and so does a normal PL. Hitting max level in 7-8 hours time is in fact easy and there's plenty of people out there can can do it.

Any leveling methods I use are "working as intended" and has more to do with being severely mentored and having enough vitality and experience potions to make the run seamless.

I would like to see this 2.75 hours done though, that time frame seems a bit sketchy to me, regardless of the "supposed" accurate walk through for it. Whereas your play on words is "cute" and amusing... I made zero claims to any 2.75 hour leveling. I did however mention several times 7-8 hours of PL can get you to max level (exploit and glitch free). Obviously anyone else playing the game as long as I have could also do this?

With all of this being said, should our legit methods of leveling also be nerfed too because they're "too fast"?
  8. Mohee Active Member

@Menion - it doesn't really matter what class. A friend of mine uses a level 20 troub and works just fine.

@Lamatu - I was just about to make the same comment. People may consider this an "exploit," but clearly SoE does not. Otherwise this thread would have been deleted almost as soon as it started, and a patch would have came in either "fixing" it, or disabling XP in DM's until they "fix" it. As of now, this is just as much of an exploit as any other means of PL'ing would be (by the people calling it that).

It seems to me (at least on the Freeport server), this way of leveling/PLing was hot for about a week. It has died down tremendously and now for the most part, people are back to doing their normal thing, gearing up their toons, soloing, grouping, and raiding.
  9. Avirodar Well-Known Member

You made zero claims?

Was it not you who wrote : "People can complain all they want... I can PL a toon faster through zones than with this little "glitch"... SOE won't nerf this because it's not the most efficient way of leveling any how."? Why, yes it was. Lamatu used this little "glitch" and detailed the process to achieve max level + AA. You're already back-peddling, and displaying a very short memory.

You do know how it works when you claim to be faster, and can't deliver, right?
  10. Salavar Active Member

Why so you can have more level 95's on your dead server?
  11. Mohee Active Member

@Cold Metal - if you take a few minutes to actually read this thread, it is clearly explained...

just saying...
  12. Rutaq New Member

Love it or Hate it, a reasonable person would be hard pressed to claim it was "working as intended". I doubt SOE envision their game as 2.5-7 hours of "creative use of game mechanics" to max level with max AA's, where you can complain about lack of content and things to due :p

According to SOE..." the benefit of experimented gear and DM scaling was not intended and a borderline exploit. " they went on to discourage using it and explained that it will be "sort lived".

So use it if you want while it's here.
  13. Mohee Active Member

Just curious, but I want to see the link of them saying that.

I am by no means saying you are wrong, I just want to read it :)
  14. Menion New Member

Link? Because going through the DEV tracker I see no such post anytime recently. So, how short lived is short lived? Nothing in the patch notes either...
  15. Mohee Active Member

I still bet Sony is making a good chunk of money from all the character slots being bought... xp pots, krono's, vitality pots, people buying appearance gear for their new toons, SC to research masters on their new toons. They must be rolling in it! /thumbs up :) I can just picture it!
    Buggabug likes this.
  16. Buggabug Active Member

Honestly there are always going to be people that want a power level. I say let em have their DM, it will free up more of the contested stuff for the rest of us.
  17. Vailene Member

In all, I think this is my point in all of this as well. Let the people level how they want to. This really isn't that phenomenal of a "glitch" if you can even call it that. These under 7-8 hour claims of achieving max level / AA are absurd and I would go as far to call them bogus until seeing proof.

Fact... If you could level with these methods any faster than a PL, SOE would have already dealt with it and we wouldn't be discussing it in this dead topic.
  18. Grumble69 Member

A couple of months ago, I had my spots where I could go 1-60ish way faster than DM. ...but I haven't tried them since the xp changes. I'm assuming it's been squashed since group encounter was a large part of that and you can't get it when mentored. So I'm curious as well where you're pulling that off. Feel free to PM me; I won't tell! :)

Anyway, DM really starts to shine at L80+ and when you're working on AAs. Prior to that though, I would rather go back to my old spots, even if they were a little slower. The back & forth zoning in DM got really old.
  19. Jimbolini Member

My data:

Characters leveled since 12/20: 10 (Various starting points)

Average level time from 20/ 0AA - 95/280ish AA (Didn't concentrate on AA) ; Just under 3 hours (6 characters)
    Average level time with toons from 90/280ishAA - 95/320AA : 19 minutes (2 characters)
    Average level time with toons from 92/280ishAA- 95/320AA: 14 minutes (2 characters)

No opinions on the "morality" of PL with this method, just posting my data as to the original subject. (Fastest leveling method)
  20. SteelPiston Active Member

So, what does one do with 180,000 Dungeon Marks? I saw someone saying that they have that many last night in 1-9. I bet some people have a lot more.