Experimental gear in Dungeon Maker is the fastest leveling ?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Rutaq, Dec 20, 2012.

1. Rutaq New Member

With the Double XP coming I wondered if the current trend for Power leveling was really the fastest way.

Basically the PLers are running a mid 20's SK with a few pieces of Experimental gear for the Augmented Smite and Augment Blessing combo. They run a custom Dungeon that has hundreds of regular non boss monsters just out of agro range of the zone in point, They walk forward from the PL group and get jumped by 400+ monsters that kill themselves due to the Augmented smite / blessings.

I takes about 3 minutes to clear and can earn 20000+ XP. So in a few hours you can walk away with Max level and 250+ AAs.
  2. Erszebeth Active Member

its a minority rather then majority, most PLs still happen the old fashioned way. As it is, because of the "DM exploits" like that, the DM has been blasted again and again with the nerf bat to the point where its mostly pointless to even attempt on toons that aren't specifically twinked out to PL in them because of the mob setups. With the way it is, I only foresee greater nerfs to the DM system making it more and more useless to everyone who isn't finding a way to exploit a PL out of it.
  3. Mystfit Well-Known Member

Meh, people will always find ways to turn things to their advanatage. All I know is my husband, who has been away from the game for awhile is back and having fun..yes, FUN in a game, leveling a baby dirge with this gear. To address people who will just move on to the next flavor of the month way to go fast fast fast, you potentially stream roll others, who are happily playing a game
  4. Rutaq New Member

I agree that everyone has different playstyles. I am kinda surprised that SOE doesn't just sell a marketplace potion to create a max or even 90th level character since it appears that are ok with Dungeon Maker (during double XP days) giving 500000+ XP every 3 minutes.
  5. Ebon New Member

So people are using actual in game options and mechanics and since you do not like the fact they can level up so fast you want to complain and the nerf bat to come out? Maybe some of us have leveled up enough chars and do not want to grind it out again the long way. It doesn't affect your game experience so why affect the others game experience?
    LhusePhur and Guiscard like this.
  6. Erszebeth Active Member

I honestly don't care that people use it to PL, or any other method to PL, I have 11 toons at 95/320, only one was PLed, thats my choice to play that way. I just wish sony would stop nerfing the <expletive deleted> out of good things to stop people from PLing. I personally thought the DM was pretty cool, and fun when they let us use our own toons to run them; but because THEY don't like them being used for PL, they have nerfed them to the point where its just not any fun to use DM anymore unless your twinked out to PL people.
  7. Rutaq New Member

Hey Ebon, everyone and every guild has their personal play style. PL'ing is a personal choice, though not one I am overly fond of.

But the current system in Dungeon Maker appears a bit off. It seems that SOE is trying encourage people to actively play together but at the same time there are some "creative use of game mechanics" out there that greatly incentivize using flawed DM scaling and Augmented gear for much much faster leveling results. Earning over 1,300,000 XP in a couple minutes is something that simply can't be done by an active group trying to level outside of Dungeon Maker.

Unless the advancement rate of Group Play is at least a tiny bit close to that of PL'ing human nature will kick in and discourage people from actively playing together. It appears that SOE is trying to foster group play as evidence with the recent group XP system adjustments and it seems the "creative use of game mechanics" would be at odds with that.

The "it doesn't hurt anyone", victim-less crime debate is a bit disengenious, the establishment of a creative Leveling technique that is Vastly superior to others in essence forces the gaming community to follow and impacts everyone. Talking about it on the forums helps get a feel for where the community stands and brings SOE into the discussion.

There is no need to be defensive unless you suspect that "creative use of game mechanics" is against SOE's design of the game. If SOE is ok with it, then we can ask them to add other even quicker ways to level.... They have a 280 AA items already, why not a 92nd level item as well. They could sell the items In game for plat, or on the marketplace or even sell them for a Krono.
  8. Ebon New Member

If you could please just label this as a "whine-nerf" thread. You do not agree so you choose to whine on the forums.
    Guiscard likes this.
  9. Steadman New Member

I can't tell Rutaq, are you posting this because someone told you about a great way to PL toons and you are trying to get back at them by getting it nerfed, or are you just a complete moron and some sort of SOE lacky making sure everyone follows the 'intent' of the game? Either way, the end result will be the same. Thanks for taking a fun part of the game out of it, Merry Christmas Scrouge!
  10. Ragna Well-Known Member

You're funny :)

11. Rutaq New Member

Heya Rag, the ever increasing XP rewards were updates as tweaks were made in Dungeon Maker and more Augmented gear was used. I have to admit the 1,300,000 XP was a team best and not the average.

Heya Stead, My reason for posting was simply to get the leveling technique out to the masses and to start a discussion about the exploit err... "creative use of game mechanics". I am sorry if it ruined anyone's Christmas but Santa Glug knows when are being naughty so you were just getting coal in your stocking anyways.

Heya Ebon, you are right I don't agree with it but figured everyone should enjoy the "creative use of game mechanics" instead of a select few. What you deem as whine was my response to the defensiveness and "it doesn't hurt anybody" excuse.
  12. SteelPiston Active Member

Methinks Ebon is on the "Naughty List"
  13. Steadman New Member

Thank you Santa Rutaq for making sure everyone is treated equally. I'll be patiently waiting for my share of your paycheck, your solution to the probelms with our political system, and your plan to solve world hunger. Thank You Rutaq, you really are a nobleman among kings!
  14. Toran Member

I'll take some of that check to Rutaq, I mean being you want everyone to have equal shares.
  15. Rutaq New Member

I'll share any other "creative use of game mechanics" that I come across but sorry you have go to work for your own paychecks

I just started looking into a new one... it seems that the grouping code is generous for some of the high level solo dungeons. Even though only two characters can enter the dungeon instance you can have group members hang outside and they can enter after the dungeon is cleared and get their own custom treasure chest.

I'll do some tests and let ya know but it sounds like a sweet way to outfit new 90th level characters easily.
  16. Ragna Well-Known Member

If we're really talking about going from 92 to 95 in 10 minutes, that's funny and clearly broken.
  17. Ebon New Member

Actually be truthful. The whole and complete reason you posted this is because you don't agree with it and felt you'd poorly disguise your whine as a question asking if this is the fastest way to level in hopes of it getting nerfed.

Its the whiners who always want what they do not like in the game nerfed that usually end up ruining games because they get everything nerfed into uselessness.
  18. Erszebeth Active Member

Case in point-DM, it was fun and useful when you COULD do it reasonably on a toon/avatar, before whiners complained about a minority exploiting it, now its good for exploiters to PL in, and thats about it. Personally, I would love for this to be useful again, but whiners gonna whine and get **** nerfed.
  19. Rutaq New Member

I am sorry, I didn't try to mislead you. I guess I needed a bit more sarcasm in my original post. It is no secret that I don't like the current DM PL'ing system but I am not SOE, it isn't my game,

My post was mainly to get the info out there so everyone knows about DM PL'ing and hopefully for SOE to chime in on if they were ok with the "creative us of game mechanics". SOE could simple say, "yup we know about it and we are ok with it" and then it could become the new de facto standard for leveling.

If your observation is true that the "whiners" are always getting what they don't like Nerfed, then take a minute and think about that... why is that ? ... why would SOE change anything based on the complaint of a "whiner" ?

Hmmm.... maybe SOE likes the whiners more and wants to design a game catered to them ? or maybe it is because the whiners are identifying game bugs that need attention rather then giving into the temptation to exploit ?

20. Natsume Member

Power-leveling through whaaat? Am I the only one here who doesn't know anything about this?