Experimental gear in Dungeon Maker is the fastest leveling ?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Rutaq, Dec 20, 2012.

1. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

Basically. I have about 13 92s left to get to 95 and would rather do it in 30 min each than the about week it takes. thats 6+ days trying to find a grind group, 2 hours to level to 95 when you actually luck into one.
  2. Vailene Member

I had originally posted something but this topic is to the point we're beating a dead horse with no actual proof of a 3 hour run. So, I'm good here. :) Have fun debating the impossible all.

@Grumble69 - Check your inbox regarding your question on areas to run.
    Grumble69 and demonz like this.
  3. Gaealiege Active Member

I apologize for the delayed response, Thegrateful, but I find that you and I won't agree here whatsoever.

I can't find the capacity to feel pity for those individuals. I can however muster up some abhorrence.
  4. Avirodar Well-Known Member

[Translation] : I refuse to acknowledge anything that does not suit my agenda.

People have laid out what they done in DM, including the duration required. This includes statements from people who are very nonchalant about the topic. The only evidence that can go beyond this, is acknowledgement from an SOE representative, as everything else can be manufactured. I am certain this is a straw you grasp to in vain.

You are someone who "projected" (aka: guessed) that the absolute fastest you could level in DM is 7 hours. And you are trying to preach about requiring proof, because people can do something faster than you guessed? Amusing. In addition, it was you who claimed that you can level outside of DM faster than anyone who uses DM can, that must be quite the ego hit? It is quite evident that you are in damage control mode, trying to convince yourself that you did not get left without a leg to stand on. Good luck beating that dead horse.
  5. Terein Active Member

I'm pretty sure you saw the post I replied to you, if not I'll try to restate it without whatever trolling the mods thought was present.

The issue for me isn't leveling faster, it's that leveling isn't fair and equal between everyone. If certain classes at lower levels being paid to level a character is the norm, then there's something wrong with the game in my opinion. That is the norm on Freeport regardless of whether or not it's faster.
  6. Le Clown Active Member

lets take a step back before DM PL:

Then) Top raid guilds had top tier twink PL bots (aka berserkers) and were the most effecient. This leaves guildmates/close friends and those who fronted a whopping 300p+/hour access to 'exploitive amounts of ex-pee'

Now) All you bads have the same opportunity. So gratz on your 8th alts and complete lack of knowledge.
  7. Vailene Member

Hmm Interesting little write up Avirodar. Within accordance to SOE's regulations here I won't bother telling you to go do something with yourself. No point in being reported. :) I'm guessing you'd be the type to hit that button too, given you're a mouthy little thing.

Here's the facts, you have no proof of the run times. I don't care if your buddies and you are falsifying information to make this all seem worse than it is. Also based on how it seems you are, I'd guess that's accurate.

Another fact, my friend did this in 6 1/2 from 25/10 to 95/320. Less than my ORIGINAL 7-8 guessed, but that's not too far off what I "projected"... So, your point is what exactly now?... The only factor here would be the fact I play on Oasis. Given they may be doing this on different servers with a different set on dungeons, etc... Their time frames in that case, could be possible. But unlike you, I wouldn't just assume their supposed times are accurate unless I seen it and had proof.

If you have anything else you'd like to discuss. how about you jump on Oasis/OR Skype... And hit me, it's the same name you see here. I'd be more than happy to discuss this with you in further detail.. Perhaps, I could even slow down a little bit so you can understand what I'm saying this time.

@Terein - I'm not really sure what to interpret from your post and not really sure I can gather what "side" you're on with this. My whole point with all of this has really been that I don't really care what these people are doing. All I know is from the past, a lot of people fabricate things like this so *everything* in the game winds up getting nerfed when in reality only 1/4 of it ever needed to be. If you get what I mean. The server I play on (Oasis) is about 80% troll and unfortunately I need to deal with these sorts of people any time I'm on. Long story short, I like to play "myth buster" to see what's accurate and what isn't. The 3 hour time on Oasis anyways isn't possible. Or, at least for my friend it wasn't which did everything "correctly" to take advantage. Therefore, I came to the conclusion this isn't quite as good as what it's projected and really no better than a solid PL.
    demonz likes this.
  8. Darkmaeve New Member

Leveling has never really been "fair" or the same for everyone. That seems a naive thought to be honest. Guilds PL because they need a certain class....friends do to help out...people do it for money... I know in our guild we personally tell people we won't PL them because they really don't learn their class. We have had members leave because we won't PL them. There does get to be a point where I don't need to learn another class because after leveling 12 they are all about the same.... At this point I will take a PL so I don't have to make that grind again. Let me play/level how I like and I will let you do the same. The game is what each person makes of it.... I just ignore the trolls and move on.
    demonz and Vailene like this.
  9. Darkmaeve New Member

Your very cute with your responses hahahahahahah *takes a breath* hahahaha.... okay- I have been reading your posts. Let me say your point has gotten muddled in the swirl of unending lack of reality. People don't have to have an "agenda" if the disagree with you dear. People can disagree because your are statements are founded in a cloud of uninspired lack understanding what others are trying to say.

For the record- I to has been that I can level with "legal" means faster with the help of friends. The whole point is people should be able to level/play/raid/live/love however they want and you should be able to do the same. Wagging your finger is like throwing a rock in a glass house now. The horse is dead on this one we should just bury this one and move on.... I hear the trolls in the next forum just waiting........
  10. Terein Active Member

This is what I was afraid of, I had to remove a portion of my post so it wouldn't get removed, I don't disagree with you at all. If you want to know what I actually mean you can check back in the thread somewhere I posted a whole big thing, it's more about game design and the way PLs are functioning right now is in place of good game design I guess.

Oh well, apparently describing what I mean is trolling so I guess just never mind, I think I'm done with this thread.
  11. Avirodar Well-Known Member

You want to talk about "unending lack of reality"? Lamatu made a detailed post which is more reality than you, or anyone trying to "defend" the current status of DM, have proivided. And for the record, everyone posting on this thread has an agenda, yourself included.

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...s-the-fastest-leveling.2378/page-9#post-25383

The lack of reality comes from people who refuse to acknowledge when they are wrong, and/or people who are trying desperately to convince themselves/SOE that EXP in DM is not out of line.

SOE adds a couple of payment options (FTP), Marketing tries to give it a cool tag line, and suddenly people think the tag line is justification to abuse the living daylights out of any unintended side-effects. Playing how you want, is an illusion at best, as players are always restricted by the limitations SOE intends to apply. History demonstrates that SOE has often added things that far surpassed their intentions, and even if it takes time to fix (eg: Chelsith), it will eventually get done.
  12. slippery Well-Known Member

Just because something isn't intended doesn't make it a bad thing.
  13. Avirodar Well-Known Member

Nor does it make it a good thing. Unfortunately, SOE has not been forthcoming with a response for the topic at hand. It would be nice if they did, regardless of the answer.

Over time, SOE's responses to questionable situations, provides reason for caution. Examples include : People who taken advantage of things like Lord Bob, and the final encounter in labs (VD), suffered next to no consequence. People who taken advantage of the BG's dupe paid dearly for it. People who glitched a flying mount quest received a 1 week suspension.

I am sure that in each and every case, the players doing it felt they were "playing their way", and should be able to "have their fun because it wont hurt anyone else". Every situation is different (including this one), and in my eyes, the leveling available from DM fits into the category of being too good to be true.
  14. Darkmaeve New Member

1.) didn't say I did use DM...... My sense of reality remains in check...... Chelsith isn't a glitch is is a zone. Thanks for your concern.

2.) I have nothing to worry about....... I am an old vet that plays just to play

3.) People should worry about their own affairs and not so much about others... that is what real life is for. I would have thought your mama would have taught you better.

This whole thing on who can run the glitch better is pointless and really makes me laugh... if you spent more time IG and not on here you would have less to worry about dear.......
  15. Vailene Member

That's what she said.
  16. Avirodar Well-Known Member

1) Someone is not my buddy if I agree with them. I play a different server, and do not speak with the involved players.
    2) You did not prove your "fact" in any way. And your "fact" does not disprove Lamatu in any way. Lamatu may very well be a lot better at EQ2 than you and your buddy, and used a much better dungeon.
    3) Lamatu gave a good account of how he built his dungeon. If you can not find a good one, build one.

I am definitely down for a chat, Oasis is my home server. Just one question though, what is the name of your actual main? Vailene looks like a random alt that you abandoned early in part1 of DoV...
  17. Avirodar Well-Known Member

1) Did I say you use DM in the post you quoted? Nope. You are defending it, though. And Chelsith was a zone with an exploit, being an infinite supply of respawning mobs that yielded high EXP. It was fixed. Congratulations on your sense of reality.

2) Good for you?

3) Try taking your own advice, lest you look like a hypocrite.
  18. Vailene Member

Well for now until we build our budding relationship, Vailene, is the only toon of mine you'll need to worry about if you need to chat. Although, Skype is preferred since you're obviously doing this for me. And, I appreciate that. :)

Facts... facts... facts... The REAL fact is here, I suppose none of us have them. Until we all sit down together in the same room and see what we're all talking about (which will never happen) I guess we're all at a stalemate and all assuming our side of the spectrum is in fact correct. With that being said unfortunately... It still doesn't answer how fast the run can be.

You'll notice I didn't rule out the fact he may be using a better dungeon that my friend did. As far as being better than my friend or myself, who knows, guess we'll never be able to figure that out.

As far as comparison to me, I don't need this "glitch", "non-glitch" or whatever it is... I have 16 , 95/320's, and have before I had a clue about this even existing. So it matters not to me whether it stays in the game, or doesn't. But, I also wouldn't be a punk enough to intentionally sabotage it. It matters not to me how these people play. We all play the way we do and that's how it is.

I guess we'll have to just sit here and wait what the developers decide. I don't personally care either way. I'm just voicing my opinion that *everything* doesn't need to be nerfed that's around. SOE will determine in their own time if they need to do so. And, that's with or without our silly, insignificant, feedback to them.
    demonz likes this.
  19. Avirodar Well-Known Member

So, someone with 16 characters at level 95/320, only has the courage to present themselves as a character with no equipment beyond Part1 of DoV, yet is in a thread discussing the impact of CoE procs in DM zones. Are you trying to hide something? Didn't you know that relationships are built upon trust?
    http://www.u.eq2wire.com/soe/character_detail/863288985742

I am Avirodar, that is my long standing, actively played main character, and I am willing to put that name to the posts I make.

Regarding "facts", yes, just like I said earlier, the only absolute confirmation we can get is from an SOE representative. But I do not see that happening any time soon. And, FYI, it was player feedback that led to Chelsith being fixed, thus is hardly insignificant.
  20. Darkmaeve New Member

A.) don't need the respawns in chel. --it's still a great zone to solo.
    B.) I am having a blast watching you look silly and take this sooooo seriously- It is a game.. Thanks for all you do
    C.) I am saying we all should not throw stones at the way people wanna play... everyone should just worry about what they are doing........not what others are doing. Seems like your just trying to troll at this point...Sure your not Techa?
    demonz likes this.