EverQuest II - Tenth Anniversary Contest

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Afista_DG, Nov 14, 2014.

1. floofloobunny Active Member

thanks for the reply, I know the reward would be one per person but the question was really how many entries were allowed. (example, you get 1 free drop in a bucket for a charity contest but you could buy more tickets for more entries-aka have more accounts for entries)
    thanks for clearing things up :)
  2. Merriel Well-Known Member

Afista...referring back to this post of mine:

The SOE quote indicates it is specifically for the 10 year anniversary contest. What Grundge had quoted came from the rules page, which says 'unless otherwise noted in a specific Promotion'. Well, the ten year anniversary contest is a specific promotion and does otherwise state. It says right on that first page that pops up when you click the link that it is one entry per account, not per person.

I entered on both my primary and secondary accounts based on this info, and now...after the fact, you are telling us that we are only entitled to one entry per person...not per account? Each of my accounts is tied to a different email address, but they are still both my accounts. I could just as easily have lied and said one belongs to my adult child, but I didn't, and I wouldn't either.

If, however, SOE had wanted this to be one entry per person...then that is what it should have stated even before the post was ever made. I think, at this point, SOE really needs to honor what was originally presented to us.

I liken this to someone running a contest, something like saying the 5th person who posts wins...then later, after the 5th person posts...saying something like "Oh, sorry, that was supposed to say the 50th person to post wins". The 5th person to post is going to be pretty upset because the person running the contest did not honor their original rule, and everyone else participating will probably give them a lot of grief for having changed their rule as well. The only difference is that SOE is a company, not an individual, and as such should be very careful not to breach this kind of immorality.
  3. Ssaryx New Member

Happy Tenth birthday, Everquest 2! =D
  4. Nolus Well-Known Member

I don't even remember whether I entered the stream contest or this one :(
  5. Breakn New Member

Man, I totally missed out on this by like a few hours. I, literally, just now saw this on my Facebook timeline. Unfortunately, do to work, I am not able to get online as often as I would like, wish I hadn't missed out on this one. Grats to whoever wins. Better luck to me next time. :(
  6. Armageddoux Active Member

7. Cinnamon Active Member

and....the winners are?
  8. Afista_DG Well-Known Member

We are in the process of contacting the winners and will be making the announcement tomorrow :)
  9. liladieni New Member

Holding my breath and crossing my fingers....hoping my email is just being slow...
  10. Afista_DG Well-Known Member

We're sent out e-mails to all of the winners for the 10th anniversary contest. Please join us in congratulating the winners! Your Collector's Edition codes are in the mail :)

Khelek
    Styke
    Hulkovhogan
    leest
    kefurr
    PHLYTRSK
    Death's Princess
    Streppoch
    Drevila
    Ryni
  11. Nolus Well-Known Member

Whooohoo! :D Congrats to the winners!
  12. liladieni New Member

Congrats everyone! =)
  13. Merriel Well-Known Member

Congratulations to the winners :)
    Shmogre likes this.
  14. Smallcorners Well-Known Member

Congratulations!
  15. Ssaryx New Member

Grats, everyone! =D
  16. Streppoch Member

So excited! I just eye surgery today, so this will give me something to look foward to when I can play again.

Thanks, everybody, and congrats to the other winners!
    Kuulei likes this.