EverQuest II - Tenth Anniversary Contest

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Afista_DG, Nov 14, 2014.

1. Merriel Well-Known Member

This is not true. The rules say you can have one entry per account...not per person. You can enter this contest on more than one account...you just can't have multiple entries on one account.
  2. Grundge Active Member

Copy and pasted directly from the rules:

"Promotions are limited to one (1) entry per person unless otherwise noted in a specific Promotion."

LMAO, nice try mate, but I actually check my sources.
  3. Lonsen Member

Yeah, that's what I was thinking as well. I registered with just the primary.
  4. Valzen Well-Known Member

Great contest! I still haven't bought the expansion. Wasn't planning to, but would like to see my toons advance. :)

I entered. Used same email as for game membership.
    Can we register more than once? Or do we need to use different email addresses?
    Actually I hope it's only once, but I imagine many will enter a ton of times with multple addresses.
  5. Merriel Well-Known Member

if you click the llnk above and read the first page that pops up, this is what it says:
    Note the line that says one entry per account, as I stated previously.
    Feldon likes this.
  6. BlueGrass Member

Maybe there is reasons why they chose to use a 3rd party. Nobody is saying they cant use one.

How ever in doing so some people have noticed different stated rules, and other things that seem to state different things.
    It doesn't say how you would enter again on different accounts.

My opinion is still that SOE is a big company and has all of my information already for my accounts and credit card. I can get station cash with one click of a button in game for example, or another choice would have been to add a button to the station account pages , I am sure they could think of something.
    Heck I would even put the information into a different SOE page , point is I trust SOE already with my information not some other site I never heard of.

Protecting my privacy is more important to me than winning a prize, thus I will not enter this contest.
    Naramsin, Awkk and Lodrelhai like this.
  7. Caranthir Member

Remembering how SOE wanted to sell the Europeans off to Pro Sieben Games (and only after a loud outcry did they change their plans a bit) ... I do not even trust SOE very far with my data.
  8. Spindle Well-Known Member

Just about every site utilizing the internet uses data mining of some sort; news, church, store, fan sites, etc. Data mining is what marketing departments live for. Yes, churches have marketing departments they just use a more 'religious' designation for the dept. It's how retailers decide what shoe to push this season; which dress, pair of slacks, washing machine. It's how the media decides what drivel should be fed to the masses and how any political party, large or small, sends info to their constituents. If anyone here is afraid of data mining they should not be on the internet at. all. There are a few games out there with guilds that data mine to keep their members in 'order.'

There is nothing wrong with being a Luddite (using the second, better-known definition: a person opposed to increased industrialization or new technology.) I, personally, find it interesting how many 'Luddites' play online games.
    Feldon likes this.
  9. Caranthir Member

Perhaps those Luddites enjoy online games but still don't want to freely hand out their home address / telephone number etc? I know that you cannot totally prevent your data getting into the hands of companies, but I don't have to hand it to them on a silver platter.
  10. Spindle Well-Known Member

Of course you don't. I assume you never purchase online? If not, more power to you. That personal choice gets more difficult each day.
  11. Afista_DG Well-Known Member

The prizes are only for Collector's Edition Codes for the AoM expansion. You could use it for another account or I'm sure it would make a wonderful Frostfell gift for a friend : )

You do not need a Facebook account to enter the contest

No, you do not have to have a Facebook account to enter the contest. Just enter in your information on the Entry page and click "submit".

If you have a Name, E-Mail, Date of Birth, Address, and a display name - that's all you need.
  12. Sapphirius Well-Known Member

Not sure what the FB account fuss is about? I entered and was not asked for any FB information. I'm hoping to win a copy to gift to my son, so I'll keep my fingers crossed.
  13. Banumu New Member

@Sapphirius I think they were trying to sway us away from entering so they have a better chance, But it didn't work.
  14. Szindrago Member

i entered..want to give the code to my roommate for christmas as she cannot afford the expac :)
    Juraiya likes this.
  15. attacktrice New Member

I have just started the game have a lot to learn about it.
  16. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

Hardly; I didn't enter. But several of us did read the terms of use and rules and whatnot that you have to say you agree to in order to enter, and those mentioned things like a subscription to the site and requiring facebook activity. With assurances from others that they hadn't actually had to do these things, and Afista confirming they don't apply to this contest, the problem seems to be somebody posting the wrong rules rather than the contest having unreasonable requirements. Which still isn't very confidence-inspiring, really.
  17. floofloobunny Active Member

Afista, I entered one time but the main page of the link you provided says one entry per account. I have more than one account and it would be nice to have all accounts on the same expansion to be able to quest through when multi boxing in my guild or solo.

Could you please provide the final verdict on what SOEs intentions are with this contest?

I believe all of my accounts are tied to the same email address thanks to SOE CS helping me merge that data for easier management of my accounts not too long ago. Ive had these accounts for 5-10 years so they are not new just to get product keys to re-sell. I actually need them for my accounts and I havent bought the newest expansion yet.

So a single key is the reward per account seems fair, but more chances to enter is really the question here.

I think many of us here are confused on the "official" rules and dont want to get disqualified but to also not miss out on entried if more than one is truly allowed if we own more than one account under our name. thanks!
  18. Afista_DG Well-Known Member

The contest is limited to one entry per person.

By default, Votigo is normally structured to use Facebook Accounts to enter contests. We do not require Facebook and open the contest up for all players to enter, but some of the terminology remains in the system that refers to a person as an "account". I've requested that the front page of the contest be updated to say "person" instead of "account" to clear up any confusion. There is only one reward per winner as well (10 winners max), regardless of how many station IDs the person has tied to their e-mail address.
  19. Cleonae New Member

Hi, is the !0th anniversary stream contest different than the 10th anniversary contest?
  20. Afista_DG Well-Known Member

Yes, it is :)

The Stream contest is over. We'll be contacting the winners from that contest over the next couple of days and I'll have the results posted in the Stream thread after confirmation. This Anniversary Contest is still going on, so make sure you enter!