EverQuest II - Tenth Anniversary Contest

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Afista_DG, Nov 14, 2014.

1. BlueGrass Member

That's the one I really don't want to give out , I hate spam with a passion :rolleyes:
    Seefar likes this.
  2. Zombie846 New Member

If I buy Altar of Malice $39.99 do have better chance of winning
  3. Kittybock Well-Known Member

I've always assumed they are using the data for marketing purposes, ie. to pull data on whom they are attracting. Let me guess, predominant market-share for this game is between 30 & 50, we have purchased one or more MMO subs in the last year, watch Outlander and post pictures of cats on Facebook?? ;)

I did sign up for this one as I am enjoying AoM, would love the CE, but really hate giving out that info to Votigo

Kitty
  4. Caranthir Member

I have several "fire and forget" emails ... and several email addresses I use for games (like Everquest2). So I have no problem with Votigo getting one of these addresses.
  5. Tierisch Well-Known Member

I entered the contest and I did not have to enter any FB info, as a matter of fact I don't have one, nor did I like anything anywhere other than on this forum.
  6. Nadini New Member

I hope I win!!! I would love to explore the new content :D
  7. Faelynn Active Member

I'm going to echo the "too much personal info" concern. Of greatest concern to me is that they require DoB for entry. <Oh that's just because the law requires us to verify you're 18.> Well, put a checkmark on there that says "I certify that I am at least 18 years of age." You don't need the birthdate from everyone.
    Naramsin, Doodlebug and Seefar like this.
  8. Nemesis Undead-Cuteainti New Member

I'd sell it for something Krono, plat, or maybe keep for later never know when it might come in handy, for instance I got my boy into the game and payed for his account for 3 months before he took over I'd give the code to him if i didn't buy the expansion. Besides I bet the Dragon race is awesome and I can get my baby to 100 :)
  9. Merriel Well-Known Member

You do not have to have a facebook account to enter, despite the way the wording in the rules makes it sound like you do. While I do not like that they even run these contests through another site, at least they do give us the option to participate without having to have an account with facebook. I see they have finally added another line asking which name we want displayed with our entry, I feel much better about participating in these contests.
  10. Turgal New Member

11. Awkk Well-Known Member

That was another question I had, does that mean you can give the name of one of your main characters, for instance, or must you give your full in real life name?
  12. Merriel Well-Known Member

Yes, you can give the name of one of your characters...just not your station account name. Their previous contests, we did not have this option and they were displaying real life first and last names...now we can specify which name we want them to display.
  13. Tovas | savoT New Member

You aren't paying for anything to enter. You don't have to join the third party company. As it was explained earlier in the thread, SOE is paying for the company, what you're reading in the ToS is that SOE paid for that service. All you have to do is fill out the form and provide the "I'm human." code and hit enter. It literally takes less time than it took you to fill out the above complaint.
  14. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

Glad to know the fb acct isn't required. So the problem is the contest requires agreeing to rules that don't actually apply to those who enter.

Well, and requiring a bunch of information that technically SOE should already have for us, which indicates the information aggregation is for the benefit of someone else.

edit: Tovas, actually the form did take longer when I was first going to sign up, before I saw the issues in the "you must agree to this" stuff. Also, the facebook not actually required was only confirmed after I made the post you quoted.
  15. Tovas | savoT New Member

It's the same system used in every weekly contest held by the company. It's really rather simple, sign up for the contest or don't. They are within their legal right to use whatever platform they want to host it in, as you are in your decision to sign up or not. Nothing's changed about the company they're using, it's free to sign up, and whenever you give a gift over a certain value, depending on the company's headquarters state location, they are required by law to have an address and real name for tax purposes. Either toss your name in the hat, or don't. If you have a problem with how they handle their contests, contact California State on their requirements, call customer service, or fill out a petition to complain. Otherwise, smile and nod that 10 lucky people will get the CE at no charge.

To clarify 'sign up' I mean: Fill out the entry form.
  16. Lonsen Member

So if one were to have say, a couple of accounts for alts and backup banking and such, would it be ok to register to win on those secondary accounts, too? Or would that be naughty naughty? I don't wanna get booted from the contest because I can't stop making alts...
  17. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

This forum is for, among other things, feedback. Both positive and negative. If I or anyone else post anything that is inappropriate or off-topic, the moderators will take action. As this is my feedback (appropriate) to the way they've run this contest (on-topic), I don't see a reason why I can't post it here.

I've already acknowledged that I understand the information in the rules of the contest is inaccurate. My issues about using a data mining third party (who posts inaccurate rules) stands.
  18. Seefar Well-Known Member

TANSTAAFL
  19. Grundge Active Member

You enter your real name to register for the contest...not your account name. So it doesnt matter how many accounts you own, you can only enter once.
  20. Paloian New Member

I think it's awesome that they are giving away 10 collector editions. Good luck to you all :) and thanks for the chance to win one!!

I see everyone knows the Promotions Official Rules don't seem to apply specifically to this contest. Is there an official reason as to why the rules are so generic and are the prizes listed generic as well or are those in addition to the 10 AOM Collector Additions?? Just curious?