EverQuest II - Tenth Anniversary Contest

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Afista_DG, Nov 14, 2014.

1. Afista_DG Well-Known Member

[IMG]

Greetings Norrathians!

EverQuest II is currently celebrating ten amazing years of gameplay. To celebrate our 10th anniversary, we’re giving away 10 Collector’s Editions of our new expansion, Altar of Malice!

You can enter the EverQuest II – Tenth Anniversary Contest from now until 11:59pm PST on Sunday, November 23, 2014. We’ll randomly select ten winners from the eligible entries to win a Collector’s Edition code for Altar of Malice.

Thank you to all of our wonderful players and happy anniversary!

UPDATE: Winners have been contacted and announced HERE.

Afakulru, Zombie846, Pantero and 3 others like this.
  2. Tierisch Well-Known Member

So I entered, but what happens if I've already bought the Collector's Edition? Can I use it for one of my other accounts?
    Afakulru likes this.
  3. Roshen Well-Known Member

Winners will receive codes. They can use these codes on any account they wish.
    Afakulru, Chuina and Tierisch like this.
  4. Tierisch Well-Known Member

That's wonderful, thank you for the quick reply.
  5. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

Um... why do the Votigo Terms of Use (to which we must agree to enter the contest) talk about paying a subscription and keeping a credit card on file?
  6. Afista_DG Well-Known Member

Primarily, I think most of the ToU refer to the requirements (subscription fees, etc..) that the host (in this case, SOE) have to agree to.

You are not required to enter any of that information to enter these contests :)
  7. Rolo Member

I have 2 accounts and have bought the expansion for both. So, how do I use the codes if I win? Can I get Station Cash with it?
  8. VirtualZ New Member

I'm been away for years but i would be glad to come back and see how much it's changed and if my house is still there :)
  9. Tarnorili Member

Well I guess if you can't use - or don't want - the prize, probably best not to enter the competition? But like ŞɸℜѦ said above, I'm sure you'll be able to come up with something, you'll just have to use that grey-matter a bit! :)
  10. Lucus Well-Known Member

you could always give me the code. they still want a facebook account to enter these competitions, not registering a FB account just to enter a competition.

I've voiced my opinion before on using an optional third party system to be eligible to enter. they *could* use our account email addresses to prevent multiple entries but they won't for unknown reasons.
  11. Awkk Well-Known Member

Do you have to have a Facebook account to enter this contest?

The rules say you have to "like" a certain Facebook page to enter. Don't you have to have a Facebook account in order to like a Facebook page?
  12. Knight Member

going to charge us for this to? sure am glad i didnt waste the 90.00 on the coll editon.what a scam that is LOL
  13. Lucus Well-Known Member

yes. it's still a silly requirement. requiring you to have an FB account and flag that you 'like' a page is no different then a player going on about how many epeen points they have in a game over other players.
  14. Iren Active Member

Erm don't enter then
  15. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

So we have one company running a competition through a second company that requires membership in a third company.

If you want to hold a contest for EQ2 players, having an EQ2 account (free or paid sub) should be all that is required.

I really hope you guys have something fabulous planned for Frostfell, because the past month or so has been a lot of disappointments with only a few scattered bright spots.
    Cuelaen, Whiterose and Sasha like this.
  16. Caranthir Member

I entered the competition ... they did not require a Facebook account or whatever ... I read the rules and they talked about subs and facebook, but I have a feeling that they do not really apply to this competition (as the rules talk about a lot of other promotional events).
  17. BlueGrass Member

I like this contest and I was going to enter , but I am not too inclined to just give away that much personal information to some third party.

I am sure SOE could have made some sort of clicky or small submission form to get a station Id and maybe a display name from us.
    Whiterose likes this.
  18. Shiba Active Member

bah humbug, how do you delete a forum post?
  19. Caranthir Member

Theoretically, I wonder if all the info that you have to put in (like real-life address) has to be correct ... or if only your email has to be the right one as the codes are sent to that mail.
  20. Whiterose New Member

I agree with most on why do you have to like a FB page? And to give some info to a third party? Bah, it's getting ridiculous. I have been playing since the very beginning of EQ1 and while I enjoy it very much, thing's are also getting a tad expensive what with all the expansions needed to lvl past 92 and the monthly fee I pay. Now some third party or FB wants info for a contest? No thank you :eek:
    Naramsin likes this.