EQ2 Guide Program

Discussion in 'Guide Events' started by ARCHIVED-Twicket, Jan 8, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Squeecha Guest

Cyla@Everfrost wrote:
    And I has two quick answers. :)

• Guide things are run whenever the Guides are available, and whenever there's actually people around to participate. On some servers, this means that because of strange schedules that many of the Guide things are actually done in the morning and early in the day. While on others the Guides are only around during the evening. It all depends on our schedules. (After all, we has to go to work too ya knows)

And, actually, Kiara doesn't handles us, ke'la. Naylie is our Boss Gnomie person from SOE. :D
  2. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

Squeecha wrote:
    I know she doesn't run the program, I just figured she knows who does and can forward the question on to the correct party.
  3. ARCHIVED-Rijacki Guest

Cyla@Everfrost wrote:
    The only problem with your hours are getting the training and initiation period done since those require being on when other guides are.
    That was one of the difficulties for me, when I applied and subsequently had to withdraw (and then my real life went pear shaped and hasn't really gotten any better).
  4. ARCHIVED-Twicket Guest

The Guide program is always looking for more to swell our ranks. For those that attended Fan Faire this last weekend then you had a chance to meet many Guides in the program and even see them do live quest. Feel free to ask if you have any questions or visit https://guide.station.sony.com/guideapp/faq.php as many of your answers may be there. If you are ready to explore more of what can be found within the ranks of the Guide Program simply fill out the form at https://guide.station.sony.com/guideapp/.
    Senior Guide Pabinee
    Unrest
  5. ARCHIVED-Soulslayer1 Guest

Greetings Guides of Norrath,
    I have been trying to fill application out, but after i submit i get a message asking to email my old guide name to guide admin. I sent a email explaining the situation.
  6. ARCHIVED-Twicket Guest

Pahblo@Nektulos wrote:
    Yes, if you have filled it out before then your application is still on record and all that needs to happen is an e-mail from you to guideadmin@soe.sony.com requesting reinstatement.
  7. ARCHIVED-Soulslayer1 Guest

8. ARCHIVED-Squeecha Guest

Don't forget to checks out our newest place we hang out too, over on the Station Community forums. They made a section named Volunteer Event Guides (yes, that makes it VEG....) where you can sees things from and about Guides from all the platforms and chat with us and ask questions and revel in the supremacy of Ratongas ... okay, maybe that's just me ... and so forth!
    http://forums.station.sony.com/stat...?category_id=44
    Stop in and say hi!
  9. ARCHIVED-GrunEQ Guest

Why did they throw yall out into the boonies? Why can't Guides have a section here on this forum, where you would be easy to locate?
  10. ARCHIVED-Squeecha Guest

Oh, we isn't leaving here. But we also needed a central place for everyone. After all, the EQOA and Vanguard and Mac folks and so forths also may wants to talk to us.
  11. ARCHIVED-GrunEQ Guest

NO NOO! You are ours and our alone!!!
  12. ARCHIVED-Saihung23 Guest

I wouldn't mind being a guide...but all of my in game information is dated by at least a year...

So...maybe I could be a guide for just Nettleville on Befallen. Has Nettleville changed in the last year or so?

Seriously though, I just wanted to pop in and say you guys do a good job. I have read mentions of guides in the public chats and folks seem to appreciate guides quite a bit.
    Keep up the good work.
  13. ARCHIVED-Elorah Guest

Roboto@Befallen wrote:
    You could still apply though... ;)
  14. ARCHIVED-Squeecha Guest

Oh, by the ways.. if you happens to see any Guides.. or even any strange gnomes that reminds you of Guides.. hanging around the Tinkerfest frivolities... you might wants to says hi. :D
  15. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

Squeecha wrote:
    Isn't that redundant? :p
  16. ARCHIVED-Squeecha Guest

Umm... no!
    *carefully looking around for Naylie*
  17. ARCHIVED-Valdaglerion Guest

Matia wrote:
    Quest are tracked, pretty easy to see if you have a GUIDE always handing out quests only to their friends, etc. Then you get rid of that person for acting like they are 12 and put more responsible people in place. Problem solved.
  18. ARCHIVED-Lord_Ebon Guest

Artemiz@The Bazaar wrote:
    They just avoid that problem by not having you guide on your play account, far simpler than dealing with folks that step out of line. After all, you have to remember that while not GMs, guides still get more powers than just handing out certain quests.
  19. ARCHIVED-Zaesxx Guest

We's are still lookings for more adventurers to joins us! The mores the merriers! Remember's, you can always ask questions here about us's, or on the community forum. We'd be happy to answers any questions you's may haves.
  20. ARCHIVED-nobe Guest

Zaes wrote:
    Have you guys given any thought to revising the processes for guiding? There is SO much potential there for it to be a fun exerience but the tools youre given are a tad archaic and unwieldy.