EQ2 Guide Program

Discussion in 'Guide Events' started by ARCHIVED-Twicket, Jan 8, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Twicket Guest

Greetings Norrath!
    The Guide Program is always on the lookout for new members. Have you ever wondered what it is a Guide does or how to become one? Do you like to spend some time helping out others? Would you like to be the one that provide live quests for others to take part in?
    The answer to to these and other questions are just a click away.
    To find out more about the Guide Program you can visit https://guide.station.sony.com/guideapp/faq.php and should you wish to join the ranks of the program simple fill out the Guide Application located at https://guide.station.sony.com/guideapp/.
    You can also visit the application on the forums at http://forums.station.sony.com/stat....m?forum_id=207.
  2. ARCHIVED-deKoven Guest

Hmm, well; I've tried 4 times to fill out the app form so I could join up. No soap, it doesn't work (for me, your mileage, etc.)

I do hope that others join up though. Only guide I've ever met was real nice and friendly.

3. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

Polgaia@Splitpaw wrote:
    Do you use a browser other then IE, cause SoE's forms really don't like non-IE browsers... just sayin'
  4. ARCHIVED-deKoven Guest

kela wrote:
    Yes, I use Mozilla. And I'm not gonna use that misbegotten thing called "Internet Explorer." If that lets me out then so be it.
  5. ARCHIVED-Twicket Guest

Polgaia@Splitpaw wrote:
    If you are receiving errors you can do the following that is listed in the FAQ section:
    Q: I keep getting errors on the Guide Application what should I do?
    A: You can always forward your answers to guideadmin@soe.sony.com.
  6. ARCHIVED-deKoven Guest

Okay, Pabinee. Fairy nuff. I might try that and see what happens. Thanks for the help.
  7. ARCHIVED-GrunEQ Guest

If you join the Guide program, would it prevent you from participating in Guide events on your regular server?
  8. ARCHIVED-Twicket Guest

GrunEQ wrote:
    Not at all. When you are on your regular "play" server you are just that....a player. As a player you are available to participate in any quest available, even those ran by the Guides of your play server.
    Senior Guide Pabinee
    Unrest
  9. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

Pabinee wrote:
    There are some rule about this though is there not. Like you can't tell people your a guide, what server you guide on, and such, and ofcourse not guiding on a server you play on.
  10. ARCHIVED-Twicket Guest

Yes, this is true we do have some rules to that cover that aspect. But if you are interested you are encouraged to apply to the Guide Program. We are always looking for more to join the ranks.
  11. ARCHIVED-BMouse Guest

tryed filling out the form to join Guide program. Always came up with some gay as eroor message. Gave up after the 4th or 5th attempt. GL though with getting more peeps into the guide program
  12. ARCHIVED-Twicket Guest

BMouse wrote:
    BMouse,
    I am sorry that you have found issues with using the Guide Application. In the FAQ section there is this area that should be of help for you in getting your application submitted.
    If you are receiving errors you can do the following that is listed in the FAQ section:
    Q: I keep getting errors on the Guide Application what should I do?
    A: You can always forward your answers to guideadmin@soe.sony.com.
  13. ARCHIVED-BMouse Guest

Pabinee thanks for the quick as reply....but at this stage there is no show that I will ever attempt to apply for the guide program again. GL anyways in getting more people involved in it.

The Guide program has plenty of merets, and I always look forward to seeing events, and stuff being run on my server by the Guides.
  14. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

BMouse wrote:
    The problem is SoE forms in general only like IE and if you use anything else(like I do) then you will have to find an alternate way to get the aplication in... I really wish the Web Development people would fix that... an increasingly large percentage of the population do not use IE.
  15. ARCHIVED-Zenadina Guest

Clicked on your link and get "There is a problem with this website's security certificate"
    If i go past that the first page asks for my station name, password and email. The the address up top in bright red text. Sorry but that is as far as i got before leaving the site, way to scary:(
  16. ARCHIVED-Zenadina Guest

Clicked on your link and get "There is a problem with this website's security certificate"
    If i go past that the first page asks for my station name, password and email. The the address up top in bright red text. Sorry but that is as far as i got before leaving the site, way to scary:(
  17. ARCHIVED-Rolande' Guest

I have same issue and using IE .

There is a problem with this website's security certificate.

The security certificate presented by this website was not issued by a trusted certificate authority.

Security certificate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or intercept any data you send to the server.

We recommend that you close this webpage and do not continue to this website.

[IMG]More information

• If you arrived at this page by clicking a link, check the website address in the address bar to be sure that it is the address you were expecting.
    • If you choose to ignore this error and continue, do not enter private information into the website.
      For more information, see "Certificate Errors" in Internet Explorer Help.
  18. ARCHIVED-Tinrae Guest

I use Mozilla and get the same message. I was interested in seeing more about the Guide Program, but I'm not going to switch from my prefered browser to do so.
  19. ARCHIVED-Twicket Guest

Rinissa@Oasis wrote:
    Rinissa,
    This is an approved SOE website so providing your user account and password to login to it is allowed. However, if you believe that the site may be attempting to gain information from you that you are uncertain with releasing (always good to be concerned like that) you may send and e-mail directly to guideadmin@soe.sony.com regarding the application site. The application can then be e-mailed to you to be completed.
  20. ARCHIVED-Norrsken Guest

Pabinee wrote:
    This is SSL certificates. If they are reporting an error this may mean that there is something untoward going on. I'd forward it to the web dev team and if they dont fix stuff like this asap (even if its jsut a case of a certificate that is too old) then they need to set their priorities straight. Especially now that a lot of shady buisnesses si starting tot arget MMOs with a lot of trojans and stuff.