EQ2 Guide Program

Discussion in 'Guide Events' started by ARCHIVED-Twicket, Jan 8, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-celestina936 Guest

Ya... I talked with a guide in Frostfang Sea and decided to apply. But the certificate not valid thing kept popping up and I just wasn't going to take a chance. And I checked it through Mac and through Win 7. I tried to find out why it wasn't valid, but nothing showed up. Sorry.
    If I do the email thing, I would have a totally separate email on gmail or yahoo or msn, just to be safe.
  2. ARCHIVED-Miznit Guest

Well, I looked in my email a few minutes ago, and there was another email. I read it, and sent back a reply. I'm in! I have to be scheduled for training, and have no clue what server I will be on, but I was selected to be in the guide program! Yippee!!!
    I Had expected a longer wait than this, but I'm glad it was (relatively) short. See you in game (on some server, under a different name)!
  3. ARCHIVED-biguglyone Guest

We need some guides for guide events over here on nagafen. Pvpers need lovin too!
  4. ARCHIVED-Kain-UK Guest

I've been considering doing this for a loooooooong time...
    Maybe I need to consider it a bit more seriously. Are the activity requirements on the FAQ still accurate? (1 quest/4 sessions per week)
  5. ARCHIVED-Squeecha Guest

Yaevin@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Yeps. That is still correct. : )
  6. ARCHIVED-Squeecha Guest

Brutalicus@Nagafen wrote:
    Well, that's somethings beyond the ability of just one Ratonga to change. If you has feedback about Guides and such, you are always more than welcome to email guideadmin@soe.sony.com with your kudos, problems, and suggestions.
    Maybe they just figures that you all woulds scare us off?
  7. ARCHIVED-SoulFlyHeadBangr Guest

I was a guide in the first public recruitment drive of the guide program. Was a guide briefly on Guk server but had to leave shortly after due to real life issues. I was told I could come back at any time. What do I need to do to get reinstated? I recently returned to EQ after a three year hiatus. I regretted leaving the program and have been wanting to get back in for a long time now. Any help would be appreciated.
  8. ARCHIVED-Squeecha Guest

Check your PM's. :D
  9. ARCHIVED-Nuadaaaarrrhhhhhggg Guest

Hi all.
    Been a while since there has been any action on this forum, I see..
    Well - here is the deal. I had the same "thing" happening to me, like SoulFlyHeadBangr:
    I used to be a Guide on Butcherblock and was only there briefly since I, due to getting carpal tunnel syndrome, had to leave.
    Now I would love to come back again - I really miss the Guide Program and all those wonderful people in it. Oh, and the players too of course
    What can I do to be reinstated?
    Sincerely
    Jonas
  10. ARCHIVED-Squeecha Guest

I IM'ed you toos! :)
  11. ARCHIVED-Aidn0816 Guest

I kind of understand why there are no guides on pvp servers... but wouldn't it be possible to make the guides immune to pvp so that people wouldn't be able to kill them? I think that would work...
    I hear a lot of cool stuff about guides and what not they do. I remember on Nagafen we used to have GMs come to TD and such and give us candy on halloween. It has been a long long time since anything like that has happened on Nagafen.
    One of my favorite memories in the game was watching my guildie fight a gm 1v1 and win :) I have seen full groups attacking Kiara when she was doing the rat race on Nagafen, and they couldn't kill her :)
    I would want to be a guide, but i guess I have to wait and apply once I am 18. Oh well :/
  12. ARCHIVED-Squeecha Guest

This is just my belief, and so I'll present it as such, but I somehow don't believe that the threat of the Guides being killed is that large a deterrent.
    But, the constant possibility that the activities they participate in could be disrupted is probably a factor.
    Since us Guides are largely creatures of a roleplay nature, if the local riddle contest (for example) turns into a gankfest between players, or if the riddle-giver can't even manage a complete sentence because someone is standing there attacking over and over... then it kinda negates the fun for some of those trying to participate in the contest.
    However, again.. them decisions is up to folks far above my paygrade... assuming I got paid to begins with.
  13. ARCHIVED-Zalphon Guest

I've tried the links several times (using internet explorer), but it just keeps saying: Website can't load this. Can a guide PM me the questions so I can send them to the e-mail?
  14. ARCHIVED-Encanto Guest

Gumgan@Unrest_old wrote:
    The original Guide Application site is currently down. To read about an alternate way to apply, please visit this thread on the SOE Community Forum: Guide Application Information
    The questions you seek are located there.
    A PM is on it's way to you with the same info. I am posting the information here for the benefit of others as well.
    Cheers,
  15. ARCHIVED-Mairliana Guest

The original author of this thread (Pabinee) is no longer in the program. Twicket is an Apprentice Guide on Unrest and at this time cannot answer PMs. So if you've sent one to her and haven't gotten a response that is why. If you need questions answered I would be happy to assist and will try to check my PMs here more frequently or as Encanto stated in a previous post you can visit the Station forums to find out more information on the Guide program and how to apply. =)
  16. ARCHIVED-Ziabis Guest

May I get some info on recruitment as well please?
  17. ARCHIVED-Ziabis Guest

Also where do I find the guide postings for up coming events on Crushbone please?
  18. ARCHIVED-Mairliana Guest

19. ARCHIVED-Dreamer451 Guest

20. ARCHIVED-Dreamer451 Guest

Encanto wrote:
    Unfortunately, that URL does not bring up a page either. Maybe I am too tired ... or the SOE servers are ...