Epic Spell questline

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Taled, Dec 2, 2022.

1. Taled Well-Known Member

As a reminder, I am updating the front page post for the Ancient T2 and T3 updates; Please ping me here or on Discord (Taled#2282) with confirmed updates.
  2. Taled Well-Known Member

Just a note that all initial T2 ancient updates have been discovered except the Brawler and Rogue, and potentially the Channeler update if it doesn't match the Beastlord.
  3. Tridav Member

Warlock ancient dropped on Kiori. Kept spamming HOs and my epic.
  4. Sharakari Active Member

Warden was definitely Poacher
  5. Mila the Druid New Member

I am an active player, and am online every day working on quests and raiding. I'm in a top raiding guild and I don't understand why the epic spells are left to luck when they are needed in raid progression. I have been running the zones over and over and have help from guildies but they also depend on me in raid fights to have my epic spell at least at master, and the piece I need hasn't been dropping in months. Just tonight it dropped for someone who hasn't logged in in 5 months while I have been trying a few times a week and no luck. I've had issues with the Adept too, also really bad luck. How is this making any sense; and can we improve the drop rate or at least keep track of how many times we tried? For some players it dropped the first time in the zone while for other, at this rate, the expansion will be over and still not have the epic spell. I feel very disenfranchised and 23 other people in my raid. I hope someone can take note and improve the situation.
  6. Clintsat Well-Known Member

Bruiser update is Avenging Desert Spectre (T2) for ancient quest.
    Taled likes this.
  7. Taled Well-Known Member

All T2 updates are now in, theoretically, except maybe Channeler - not sure if they match Beastlord or not.
  8. Taled Well-Known Member

Warrior / Summoner / Cleric T3 updates are last missing ancient updates, then all epic steps will be known - if not completely confirmed yet! (Well, assuming Channeler does match Beastlord)
  9. Sharakari Active Member

Got my Fury Ancient drop off the Named Mushroom (fungus).
    Taled likes this.
  10. Alainn New Member

Templar ancient update from Hambalumi
  11. Beee Well-Known Member

One month later and still no update for the conjurer Shard Storm of all conjurers i know across the servers.
    The fist pling of the ancient part simply does not work for conjurers.

Please have a deeper look into this
  12. Clintsat Well-Known Member

Same for Necromancer. I wonder if it is because it solely affects another spell.
  13. Taled Well-Known Member

You're the one who sent me the first update being off Scythe Rotgut, so is it possible your guildmate was wrong when they told you that was the first mob?
  14. Taled Well-Known Member

Note for all summoners who have been harping on Scythe Rotgut: The info I was given for Conjuror T2 appears to have likely been someone who didn't understand the false positive update messages, so your T2 update is completely unconfirmed.
  15. Smashey Well-Known Member

I can not express enough hatred for this questline. Got most of the worldwide discos for the brigand ability but still hard stuck at GM despite clearing most stuff every week.

Still only been disco on one server.

I thank the gods its completely broken and mostly useless.
    Bhayar likes this.
  16. Taled Well-Known Member

Update: Per 'Tinted' in the Mages channel, the T2 mob for Summoners should be Tsmang Blightswarm Broodmaster - The bug in Delta. (The first T2 in Delta)
  17. Ghostouls Well-Known Member

Any notes or hints on how to get the Epic 3 Celestial yet?
  18. Taled Well-Known Member

Per Gninja, it is a guaranteed update off the mob it comes from for all classes when you are on that step. Presumably that mob is the Sultan, but I don't want to dig through discord at the moment to find the exact quote.
    Gninja likes this.
  19. Taled Well-Known Member

As an FYI: Gninja has confirmed that the Crusader epics are giving false positive on Fuhngus (The first named in Gulf) for the T3 update, and has a fix coming for it. I don't *think* it prevents getting the actual update from Ragtag, but either way it should be working properly soon. (tm)
  20. Taled Well-Known Member

Also: I can't positively confirm this, since I haven't seen a log of it or personally had one drop (I haven't run my alt that needs a drop yet) but SUPPOSEDLY, the 'Triad of Elements' Jubilee instance is dropping both Adept and Master update items for the epic spells.

Might be worth the time to run it on characters that need those, especially the Master ones for folks who have trouble with the EH2 zones.