Epic Spell questline

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Taled, Dec 2, 2022.

1. Moss Well-Known Member

It's like the solo and heroic updates, you have a small % chance to get the first quest update when you kill the target.

It was the 7th time I killed Malformed Prophet with the quest.

I don't know if the update is specific per class or not. We will need more date from players who get the update.
  2. Rebelde Active Member

I don't think is just luck. I petitioned my "fake" updates and the GM said it was not random update. So, you did something different this last time, but what? They refuse to help us and it's a secret...
  3. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Several have gotten the fake message. I just think it's a crap-shoot to get the actual ancient. You get a message, but you just didn't get a good RNG roll to actually receive it. I haven't even seen a message, although guildmates have and some have actually gotten their Anicent.
  4. Benj Well-Known Member

When we killed Avenging Desert Spectre (T2) tonight, both wizards in group got the message "You feel a surge of sudden power, but it was not quite enough... You should seek a stronger target." No other players did. Both have their GM spell, and both had killed Spectre before. The quest journals of these two players did not seem to update.

Edit: I originally said only one wizard saw the update text. This was a mistake on my part.
  5. Benj Well-Known Member

Another T2 kill tonight, and another "seek a stronger target" update. This time, our Defiler got the update on Poacher Paol (T2). It was his first time killing the boss.
  6. Benj Well-Known Member

The same Defiler got the "seek a stronger target" update on Scythe Rotgut (T2). It was his first time killing that boss, and it was not flawless. I suspect that one or both of his updates were fake.
  7. Taled Well-Known Member

If he got the message without actually updating his quest, it was a fake message.
  8. Benj Well-Known Member

So even the T2 update should reflect in the quest journal? I'll be more observant and only report ones that actually update the quest journal.
  9. Taled Well-Known Member

Yes - see this image from Zhev on discord back in Feb when we first found out the way these were updating:

[IMG]

[I updated the page 1 ancient post to reflect this note, and berate myself for not doing so earlier]
    Benj likes this.
  10. Benj Well-Known Member

Thanks! I vaguely remember seeing this post in Discord, but I couldn't find it again. I've shared it with my guild.
    Taled likes this.
  11. Benj Well-Known Member

Our Defiler has confirmed that he actually did get the quest update, and his journal looks like the one you showed. His update either came off of Poacher Paol or Scythe Rotgut.
  12. Taled Well-Known Member

This was on your Coercer, just to be sure?

Never mind, just saw your other post that specified it. Woops!
    Thanks, Moss. :)
  13. Taled Well-Known Member

FYI: Gninja has posted that the false positive updates *should* be fixed for the Ancient upgrades. Please post if you get any false positives.
  14. Gninja Developer

Adding this since it was mentioned in discord:

The chance for it to update increases the more you use the epic ability. How much it increases each cast is dependent on the class and how the epic ability works. If its castable more often it increases slower than ones not cast very often due to the way it works. The chance cannot go all the way to 100%. 75% chance at getting the update is the cap.
    Beee and Taled like this.
  15. Beee Well-Known Member

Wonder if it really works as planned for every class
    https://u.eq2wire.com/soe/item_sear...1/-1/-1/-1/-1/-1/-1/-1/-1/-1/-1/-1/-1/-1/name
    no ancient for conjurers discoverd - I did not even get the first pling of the "Find a way to upgrade my scroll to Ancient" step.

PS: according to your writing my chance should be 75% ;-)
  16. Taled Well-Known Member

17. Beee Well-Known Member

So the summoner's epic spell has another epic fail by design: The combination Shard Storm + Najena's Essence Summoning (raidwide shards) is only castable out of fight.

OK a solo epic shard can be casted every 160 seconds .. cool really rocks
  18. Rebelde Active Member

75% chance at getting the update is the cap.

More chances... Welcome to Renewal of Randomness!
  19. Benj Well-Known Member

Rebelde, Taled and Gninja like this.
  20. Morrigu New Member

I am wondering for conj, if you have to cast epic + shard. Or just "spam" epic spell everytime it's up only during the fight
    and if you need the T2 update first or can skip killing T3