Epic Spell questline

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Taled, Dec 2, 2022.

1. Taled Well-Known Member

So, I just updated the main post here for the Warden adept - I was sent concrete proof of it dropping in Grave Grange this afternoon. Not sure why my post here said Gift; whether it was a xopy/paste error on my part or someone else telling me they got it from Gift - the Discord post still says Grange for it, so most likely I messed up at some point when I changed the formatting.
    Sigrdrifa likes this.
  2. Sweety D Well-Known Member

For Masters, do they ever drop in Solo zones? Or only Heroic?
  3. Sweety D Well-Known Member

Never mind, I just found the info you posted on the first page. Thanks for keeping this up to date!
  4. Taled Well-Known Member

First ancient spell discod on Skyfire by Corro of FOE. (Grats, btw.)

Updated the placeholder post with known info. There are (at least) two updates to the quest after getti g the GM before the Ancient is granted; The first appears to be from a random T3 by class - or possibly just any random T3; Noone who has gotten that update noted which named it was. After that first update it says to kill another boss; this appears to be a second T3 that auto grants the Ancient based on this first Ancient disco.
  5. Scrappyz Well-Known Member

Don't forget to update this with the first portion of the update coming from a T2, not a T3 :) (Courtesy of Gninja)
    Still not sure how to trigger the event that updates that portion and grants the surge of power though. Been looking through logs of T2s and not seeing any hints lol
  6. Beee Well-Known Member

Whyever some updates do not drop: I know players who did not get a Masterupdate for 50+ zones of Grange and Gift.

RNG might be very frustrating ;)
    Tyger likes this.
  7. Moss Well-Known Member

Looking back at my log I found my first raid update on my coercer : Scythe Rotgut in Raj'Dur Plateaus: The Hunt [Raid]

\#00FF00E, but it was not quite enough... You should seek a stronger target.
    Taled likes this.
  8. Scrappyz Well-Known Member

I almost wonder if Rot gut is the key. I know a Mystic that also got the text from Rotgut,
    Has anyone noticed getting a message off a different T2 mob? (Long shot since you can absolutely unknowingly already have it)
  9. Gratouillis Member

I confirm ! Update for Bruiser is in Foundation of Knowledge H2 !
    Thanks a lot for this very handy post !
    Taled likes this.
  10. Moss Well-Known Member

We believe the epic quest may be bug for the raid T2 kill. We have multiple players who finally got the message but the quest did not advance to the second step.

Myself I received the message on two fights, on Scythe Rotgut in Raj'Dur Plateaus: The Hunt [Raid], then again on : Avenging Desert Spectre in Raj'Dur Plateaus: The Hunt [Raid]

Message: \#00FF00You feel a surge of sudden power, but it was not quite enough... You should seek a stronger target.

And yet my quest is still at the first step, while other players who got the same message are now at the second step.

This could explain the limited number of discoveries.
    Taled likes this.
  11. Rebelde Active Member

Or it's a bug (something possible) or it's a random update such the drop for adept and master. I vote for the second one.
    Remember, Welcome to RoR (Renewal of Randomness)
  12. Kodamungus Active Member

Just got the message from Tsmang in Sandstone Standing Storm. Quest step didn't update.
  13. Taled Well-Known Member

I'm curious if the first step also has the same visual bug the second step does.
  14. Kodamungus Active Member

It looks like I got the message 3 times since getting my GM on 2/17.

Poacher Paol - The Hunt
    [Sun Feb 26 15:07:33 2023] You feel a surge of sudden power, but it was not quite enough... You should seek a stronger target.

Scythe Rotgut - The Hunt
    [Fri Mar 3 21:31:30 2023] You feel a surge of sudden power, but it was not quite enough... You should seek a stronger target.

Tsmang Blightswarm Broodmaster - The Standing Storm
    [Fri Mar 10 21:39:02 2023] You feel a surge of sudden power, but it was not quite enough... You should seek a stronger target.
  15. Taled Well-Known Member

That matches what Moss was saying above, and would match up with the T3 bug where it can currently give you the notification randomly when any class could have gotten the update. I've let Gninja know and he's looking into it.
    Kodamungus likes this.
  16. Rebelde Active Member

Anything new about this? Have they fixed the Ancient updates or all the resources were in the new crates?
  17. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

After reading all this I remembered why I quit chasing the end game several Xpacs ago. This is waaaay too much effort for this ancient player.
    Feara and Ashandra like this.
  18. Rebelde Active Member

I got the message twice tonight (second part of the quest, I got the first update in Plateau, with the bird, the last T2 there).
    First with the mushroom, second with the goblin in Takish.
    Playing mystic.
    And it says "You feel a surge of immense power, upgrading your scroll to Ancient!". English is not my mother tongue, but hey! it's clear to me: "upgrading your scroll to Ancient!" /confused
  19. Moss Well-Known Member

Finaly got the first update for Coercer Foretold Prophecy on "Malformed Prophet" in Sandstone Delta tonight after many false update on other T2.
    Rebelde and Taled like this.
  20. Rebelde Active Member

How did you get it, please?