Endless quiver AA for Rangers

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by ARCHIVED-Amyas, May 27, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Lethe5683 Guest

Khurghan wrote:
    I agree, I don't know why anyone bothers making arrows to sell since in the time it takes me to make 2,000 arrows I can make enough money to buy 20,000 arrows.
  2. ARCHIVED-Lethe5683 Guest

I don't know if this is the way it works or not but I think for every class, not just rangers, 1 autoattack = 1 arrow, nothing else uses arrows at all period.
  3. ARCHIVED-HarlequinJD Guest

I like what makeshift arrows is now. But I DO NOT like the fact that we no longer have a free way to summon arrows. I liked the way it was implemented before, and I typically used the free arrows when soloing, even though they were crap, because they were good enough to get the job done. For grouping/raiding I would use crafted.
    I don't see why they had to remove that to give us the new makeshift arrows ability. I'm now forced to spend about 50gp - 1pp per "play session" on arrows, with the current price of 7.5 sp to 10 sp per arrow on the AB broker. That's in addition to your standard "scout class" poisons. Yes, only auto-attack is supposed to consume arrows, but I still use PLENTY of them. Why did the developers have to TAKE AWAY the old skill to give us the new one? Why didn't they just ADD in the new skill. Really makes no sense. I'm sure there are folks out there in established guilds and at a high enough level where the cost doesn't matter, but I find it completely gets in the way for me to purchase new gear or CAs as I'm leveling in the 80s.
  4. ARCHIVED-Toball Tokor Guest

Lethe5683 wrote:
    You are right, but 1 day of doing BG I can go through 2000 arrows, every Raid Zone we do takes 600 or 700. And I have a 60% of not consuming an arrow with my myth buff (though I do not have a 60% chance that a ranged CA or AutoAttack will cast without arrows, I can;t do either without arrows). Without arrows 1/2 to 3/4 of my damage capability is gone. What other class does that happen too? How many can another class go through? Arrows ARE our attack.
    That said, I don't care about the current cost of arrows I have accepted it as the cost of being a Ranger and IMO we have MUCH more important fish to fry.
  5. ARCHIVED-Seiffil Guest

Striikor@Nektulos wrote:
    It's only on auto attack that we consume arrows, CA's don't consume them. I don't know if you have the AA points into arrow tear or whatever it's called now, but that gives a static 10% reduction in use as well, but even with the myth buff proc and arrow use reduction/return from Arrow Tear/Rip it's easy to go through several hundred arrows as you just said.
    That being said, Lethe can you just stop posting? Comparing arrow usage between a ranger and any other scout/fighter is laughable, because when you do that you ignore the significantly higher use of arrows for a ranger then anyone else. Unless you want to show how all scouts you know with throwing weapons, bows, go through the same amount of ammo on a raid as a ranger does. It's the volume of ammo used that prompts this discussion.
    Many have accepted the cost of arrows, and I probably would be ok with it, if it meant our dps was on par with all other t1 dps classes. But I do agree with you on one thing, between this or all of the other fixes rangers need I'd definitely say fix those issues first.