Elite Merc Locations and FAQ

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Johnnyteatime, May 16, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Raknid Guest

Well the good news is that the unintended mechanic was brought to attention on the day before patch day. The bad news is that it is probaby too short a time to get the fix in by tomorrow. Here's hoping for by Thursday.
  2. ARCHIVED-Dreamclouds Guest

I agree. Hope Gninja sees this one today. Tracking by guards makes it way too easy.
  3. ARCHIVED-Kuroitsuki Guest

Dreamclouds wrote:
    Gninja knows and that is all I have to say on the matter ^_^
    Seriously though guys, you complain when it is "too hard" you complain when it is "too easy"; is there any circumstance when you won't complain?
    I just gave you a free pass to get Rare Mercs and you whinge about it?
    And for the mechanically minded, Guard NPC's have zonewide track, used to be used all the time back in T5 for a raid to determine if a contested was up.
    /wave used to work like that too; but I think they fixed that....
  4. ARCHIVED-Dreamclouds Guest

Lexicon, your information is helpful and I appreciate it! I am not complaining ... this is a very fun search and I hope that even with all the hints and ideas that I truly stumble upon one by chance :)
    The only thing that may be a bit frustrating is that for all of us that are enjoying the hunt, there is always one or two that have to chime in : You all have been looking for months? I have three!
    That kind of response just fosters the idea that there must be a trick/idea/hint that only some know about. Please dont think its a complaint, I am going to support the original poster and supply any and all info so that everyone can search for themselves!
    Thanks for helping :)
  5. ARCHIVED-Lempo Guest

How does providing the exact waypoints promote people 'searching' for themselves?
  6. ARCHIVED-Dreamclouds Guest

Over a three day time frame, that we will not know... 20 points in a zone... players will have to zone in and search, never knowing when they will be there. I see there are already POI for Perrin on the eqmaps site, so its being updated there as well.
    Zoning into each zone, asking a guard, moving on.. thats really TOO easy. With this method you can park a toon in each zone and just cycle through, or for those that are really trying, three open accounts can monitor the guards continuously. You dont even need to budge from your spot to look.
    I am all for the hunt... and a good search!
  7. ARCHIVED-Kuroitsuki Guest

Dreamclouds wrote:
    I "found" the trick about a week ago, I confirmed it worked multiple times across all 3 mercs and on multiple servers, I posted the trick!
    I merely added that I had found all 3 using this method was to offer some assurances that it works, rather than being a troll attempt.
  8. ARCHIVED-Johnnyteatime Guest

Spawn times - I can now personally confirm that Elite Mercs spawn in roughly 3 - 4 day intervals. There does not seem to be a hard set 24 36 72 hours. They can re-spawn anywhere in roughly a 3 to 4 day window from when they were last claimed
  9. ARCHIVED-faydh Guest

Kenny found on Splitpaw 4 min ago or CET 08:54
    Loc 339.50, 5.12, -831.44
    on a stone in the tunnel

Confirmed since i fonud him myself LOL
    YEAH finely got one of them
  10. ARCHIVED-Johnnyteatime Guest

faydh wrote:
    Grats Faydh I am so happy you found one, I know you have been trying to locate one, thanks for the loc :)
  11. ARCHIVED-faydh Guest

Thank you Johnny
    1 down 2 to go.

Give of the loc is the least i can do considering i myself has been asking for those loc's all thise weeks.
  12. ARCHIVED-midir Guest

perrin wanderhoof was found wed night between 8pm and 8:20 centeral time crushbone server -3428.20 -672.07 -373.88
  13. ARCHIVED-Senvares Guest

? what are these mercs for are they pets that fight along side of you or just for show.
  14. ARCHIVED-Johnnyteatime Guest

midir wrote:
    Thanks midir, OP updated
  15. ARCHIVED-Johnnyteatime Guest

Senvares wrote:
    If you go here Senvares you can learn more about them http://eq2.zam.com/wiki/Mercenaries_(EQ2))
  16. ARCHIVED-faydh Guest

Tried out the Guard track idea today.
    I can not say if it has been like this all the time but boy were i send out on a goose hunt :cool:
    Most of today and again now the guards did not know where Perrin were. Then suddently they did.
    You can see all possible spawn points of the rare merc if you keep asking them. AS LONG AS THAT MERC IS UP. One of them is right im sure, but since you cant bring the guard with you chances are first point wont be the right one and when you do get back to the guard to get new point it will allready be taken.
    One good thing you can use the guards for, is to know if it is worth your time tracking for the merc now or not.
    So next time the guards give you a point. Either stay, keep asking and wright all point down for later use or get out your track and start hunting. Good luck.
  17. ARCHIVED-Johnnyteatime Guest

Did you get a new Loc for him Faydh?
  18. ARCHIVED-Senvares Guest

Johnnyteatime wrote:
    thank you a str8 up answer woulda been nice but ok thanx. and i was talking about the elites you guys are posting locations for.
  19. ARCHIVED-faydh Guest

Sorry but no.
    I'm afraid i were so busy proveing to myself they really did change position when you asked them over and over again. So i kinda just sapped through it all fast.
    When i get back online i'll see if i can remember some of the spawnpoints and post them.
  20. ARCHIVED-faydh Guest

Ok since this is based on my memories of the points the guards gave me it can only be approximately and not confirmed since i have not seen Perrin there.
    Loc -278.31, -696.49, -659.78
    Loc -442.82, -705.18, 375.53

The rest the guard showed me were either already known loc or i have forgotten them.