Elite Merc Locations and FAQ

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Johnnyteatime, May 16, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Johnnyteatime Guest

Ok thanks, if you could jot them down on your next run its a great help :)
  2. ARCHIVED-Giggilie Guest

Found Perrin today in Withered Lands! My partner and I were on opposite ends of the zone ( I was in Alivan, he was in the starter area) I asked the guard who gave me the waypoint...right next to where my partner was clear across the zone! Tracking brought us right to him. So the guard did work, he gave the waypoint correctly, and I am so happy I could dance. The POI is already listed on EQ2MAPS, so I didnt get the waypoints but he was down near the started area behind a tree.
    Dont give up, they do exist...thans Gninja:)
  3. ARCHIVED-slyfer Guest

Confirmed Loc of Perrin, Guards worked
    -1888.98, -526.28, -559.02
    Unrest 5/26/12 at 11pm EST
  4. ARCHIVED-ranga Guest

According to the guards, Perrin has been up 3 times already this weekend on SP and quickly taken.
    Each guard I speak to gives me the same wp over and over. Different guards give different wp. There are only guards at Alivan and they never give a wp outside of Alivan. I suspect the guards only give the wp nearest to them, for roaming guards, the nearest point to where they are at the time. I have never had a guard give me a wp outside of Alivan let alone the other side of the zone.
    Perrin has never yet shown up on track for me. I'm sure that I'll find him but I suspect the devs are having some fun with us now :)
  5. ARCHIVED-Thalangolier Guest

I play on the AB sever and been checking daily in the mornings when no luck yet. I really thinking i never get it due to i play a ever heavy pop sever. I was able to pick them up on another sever with ease but my mains are on AB and the asking the guards about the loc works for all 3 i was able to get all three of them on the other sever. Is there a way to check to spawn time or rate for the AB sever
  6. ARCHIVED-faydh Guest

Ranga: Glad to see im not the only one finding the guards track points to be a bit screwed up.
    Maybe its a Splitpaw only thing
  7. ARCHIVED-faydh Guest

Got Matri Dut right now on my main Cet 12:00
    Server: Splitpaw
    loc: -293.11, 524.36, -177.77
  8. ARCHIVED-Rendoir Guest

I got matri, using the guard well.. exploit. There's no other word for it really.
  9. ARCHIVED-Baanthos Guest

Will the elite mercs be visible if I already have a suspended merc, or do I have to be "merc-less" to see them?
  10. ARCHIVED-faydh Guest

I am not so sure it is considered Exploit from SoEs side. After all it has been up on this forum for quite some time now without being deleted. Also Zam tells you can use the guards to find them. I do not think they would if they were not allowed by Sony.

Quote from ZAM:
    Tips: You can track these mercenaries (or use the Ranger merc from Kelethin to track) or you could try asking local guards for "elite mercenary" if guards are available in the zone!
  11. ARCHIVED-Paddyo Guest

10:15 AM central, Kenny in Nek forest.Antonia Bayle.
    -566, 0, -339, right beside Mound Lake. I logged on right around server up from downtime, say 9:35. Asked guard at dock, she pointed me right to him. I tried to get hold of a friend who badly wanted an elite, while campin him, but to no avail...had to snap him up.
    Few things to note:
    1. I was on within 10 minutes of server up. Perhaps coincidence, Can't honestly comment.
    2. The guard pointed me directly to him, With his full name and job descriptor. I simply searched "Kenny"
    3. I had a mercenary already; it allowed me to "hire Replacement".
  12. ARCHIVED-Johnnyteatime Guest

Baanthos wrote:
    You can have any merc you like on you while searching for an Elite Merc EXCEPT for the merc you are looking for.. So if you have Kenny for example you can never see him again until you free him.
  13. ARCHIVED-Johnnyteatime Guest

Thalangolier wrote:
    This is not suprising on a heavy population server I am guessing there are folks looking all the time. So if he has been popping in the mornings and you are checking in the eve's it will be hard for you to ever find him because folks are snagging him first thing in the morning.
  14. ARCHIVED-Baanthos Guest

Just got Perrin at location #5 on the list: 112, -681, 222. Got it at 4:05 PM eastern on Oasis.
  15. ARCHIVED-Paddyo Guest

Also, just a correction to the FAQ...both that I have, Matri and Kenny, cost 3 plat every 30 minutes to maintain, not 5.
  16. ARCHIVED-Regolas Guest

Just got Kenny on splitpaw. 6.20am GMT loc -123, 0.22, -35 Guards sent me straight there at commonlands after asking for them to find "Kenny"
  17. ARCHIVED-Coffee_Hound Guest

Just got Matri Dut on AB: loc -224.23, 416.27, 809.78
  18. ARCHIVED-faydh Guest

just got Perrin on Splitpaw
    loc -1,885.43, -526.07, -558.69

Near the cave ent to the satyrs
  19. ARCHIVED-Twofeets Guest

Does asking a guard still work?

Ive been looking for Perrin and Kenny for about 2 weeks, wandering around, tracking, and asking guards. No luck yet...
  20. ARCHIVED-Strangeguy Guest

That works. I've gotten directed by them to elite merc positions several times, my wife has in my presence, and friends have told me it has worked for them. A white X appears on your map and you get that message in chat about N, E, W, S and above or below. Have wings and all necessary languages (druzaic with Perrin is the only one we know to be necessary but we have all languages anyways) and of course 30 plat with you at all times.
    I've read all these threads and can only find one small issue that I and my wife think may be incorrect. The guards in Alivan have been reported here to not be able to tell you where Perrin is on the other side of the zone (say in front of the giant fort structure) if he is up. We feel that that is probably incorrect, and if Perrin is up, the guard will tell you. We found our Perrins tho by cycling alts thru reported positions. Obtained elites were already there when we got there. We haven't confirmed this yet, but feel it is very unlikely. If that is happening, it is a bug isolated to those guards only in Alivan, and quite frankly, we do not notice as many bugs as others (elite mercs cure negative feelings about the game like magic).
    We found Matri and Kenny via guard direction (the guards who show telescopes on the mouse pointer when you right click them) just like when trying to find a banker or achievement counsellor, etc.
    We just type Matri, Kenny, and Perrin and move on to the next alt in the cycle if they say no. When a guard says yes, the excitement and nervousness to go get the merc overwhelm.
    I know, it seems like I have bragged too much in this note, but it is not that hard to get one. Yes, you will probably put a considerable amount of time into finding them. We position alts at all known spots and cycle; I do that once an hour at low population times if I can. But actually I have to put more time into PR runs, etc., because the expense really adds if you don't pay attention. But its worth it....
    Grand, Freeport