Elite Merc Locations and FAQ

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Johnnyteatime, May 16, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Johnnyteatime Guest

Please post the location of where you found your merc or any comments that may help folks to find one.
    THIS IS NOT A MERC DISCUSSION THREAD, PLEASE DO NOT POST PERSONAL OPINIONS ABOUT MERCS OR THE PEOPLE THAT USE THEM IN THIS THREAD. PLEASE RESPECT THE INTENT OF THIS DISCUSSION

Any off topic comments will be asked to be removed, Thank you and happy hunting

Why share the locations of where you found your merc? Several reasons:
    1. Keeping it to yourself does you no good. The merc may not spawn in that location again for months.
    2. Each elite merc has 20 spawn locations, the zones are very large, it is very easy to miss a spawned merc as our guild discovered. We had 16 toons with tracking searching the zone and were unable to find a spawned elite merc that was up. If 15 of us were having a hard time finding him you by yourself will have much lower odds.
    3. Some folks get lucky and find an Elite Merc with little effort. This is just plain old dumb luck, do not think you were blessed by the gods or have some special talent. You got lucky and congrats for that. But sharing your location helps your friends and you in the future should you ever need to locate that merc again.
    4. Sharing locs helps people find them faster thereby making them spawn faster, thereby allowing more folks to find them.
    5. This is a MMO game that means Massive Multiplayer the idea is that you work together to accomplish goals. It is the reason sites like EQ2 Wiki, EQ2 Zam etc exist so that when you are trying to obtain an item, complete a quest you have a guide to assist you in your task Mercs are no different so let’s make this a successful and helpful thread.
    6. Adding your location to the pool of locations helps you and everyone else.
    7. I worry that people will start camping mobs like in EQ1 if I share my location. Camping an Elite Merc location is a waste of time given there are 20 locations for them to pop in. You could find yourself waiting for months at one location.
    8. To properly search every possible spawn location in a zone takes 60 to 90 mins. I know because that is what it takes me several times a week. I would rather share my knowledge and have waypoints to checks so that I do not miss a spawned merc.
    9. People that found a merc may keep them from spawning for others. This is not possible, once you find a merc you can not see that same merc spawn again until you dismiss him or hire a different merc.
    FAQ & Facts1. Elite Mercs are on roughly a 3 - 4 day spawn timer
    2. Can there be more than one elite merc up at a time. In other words if Matri Dut is up can Kenny also be up? -- Yes more than one can be up at same time as long as they aren't the same. In other words you would not find two Kenny's up at the same time.
    3. Instances - Elite Mercs Spawn in only the first instance of the zone.
    4. If you already have an Elite Merc you cannot see that same merc if you are running through a zone. You can only search for an Elite Merc that you DO NOT have in your possession. So if you have Kenny already you cannot assist a friend in finding him until you get rid of him.
    5. Elite Mercs DO NOT appear in your starting city once you find them. So if you hire another merc you will return your elite merc to the wild and will have to hunt for them again. SOE has no plans to change this
    6. Are there any plans to allow you to own more than one merc in the future the way Beastlords do with their warders? -- The dev's have discussed this and would like to do it in the future if time permits it so unknown at this time.
    7. Do Elite Mercs spawn in more than one zone? No it has been changed so that each unique elite merc now spawns in just one zone. You no longer need to check several zones for a merc you are trying to find.
    8. Locations to search, Elite mercs like to frequent Points of Interest and Cubbies around the zone.
    9. All elite mercs show up on Ranger or Merc Track or any other type of tracking in White by their name
    10. Elite Mercs are NOT affected by server reboots or resets. There is no need to rush online after a server boot to look for them. Unlike normal mobs they maintain their timers through a server boot so if someone finds one before the server goes down then that merc will not respawn for roughly 3 - 4 days regardless of server reboots.
    11. Do elite mercs despawn if no one finds them: No, Elite Mercs stay up once spawned until someone finds and claims them.
    12. Elite mercenaries will not disappear over time. They will stay with you till you dismiss them or hire a different mercenary
    13. Mercenaries use spells a bit differently than players i.e. their spells be it Adept or Master has no bearing on how much they heal for. In fact it only affects their resist rates on their detrimental spells.
    14. Cost is 30 plat to hire and 3 plat every 30 minutes . Suspend / Reuse time is 5 Mins
    15. Each server is on its own spawn timers for mercs so if you find a merc on one server it does not effect any other server.

What have I learned in my hunt for an Elite Merc?
    1. They are very hard to find & zones are a lot bigger than they look, they have more hiding spots than I can think of.
    2. I have found 2 different elite mercs and was surprised by both locations I found them in
    3. Is it hard to see and locate them? Yes
    4. What does it take to find them? Time, effort and sometimes dumb luck ie being at the right place at the right time and knowing all their spawn points would be a big help so you don’t run past them.
    5. Stay off flying mounts and transports when looking for them. Merc Tracking updates every few seconds, it is very easy to fly right past a hiding merc between tracking updates.
    How can I help myself and others find a Merc?

Take 5 mins to post a few details
    1. Which Merc Did You Find?
    2. What /loc coordinates did you find them at?
    3. Which server did you find them on?
    4. What Date and Time did you find them?
    5. Was the location Confirmed or Reported?

* You can get the /loc by hovering your mouse over your compass
    * Confirmed means you or a trusted friend found the location.
    * Reported locations are those told to you by people you do not know
  2. ARCHIVED-Johnnyteatime Guest

Matri Dut - Brigand
    Zone: Stonebrunt Highlands
    Trackable: Yes

Matri Dut says to you, "Who do you think you are just waltzing up and speaking to me without an invitation?"
    You say to Matri Dut, "I am X, please forgive my intrusion but it is not often I see one of your kind wandering about around here."
    Matri Dut says to you, "I am free to move around as I please. There is much that can be sold for great profit laying around in these lands."
    You say to Matri Dut, "What do you need coin for?"
    Matri Dut says to you, "That is not of your concern. "
    You say to Matri Dut, "Perhaps if you share your reasoning, I may part with some of my coin for your cause."
    Matri Dut says to you, "Let us just leave it at the money is used to keep those whom we do not want finding our sacred lands distracted from pursuing us."
    You say to Matri Dut, "Interesting... I don't suppose you would elaborate?"
    Matri Du:says to you, "You are correct. In fact I have said too much. However, if you have coin I can offer my combat services in return. "
    You say to Matri Dut, "I will take you up on that offer!"
    You pay 30 Platinum to hire this mercenary.
    You've earned the achievement,Lookie What I Found!

Locations:
    [IMG]1. Confirmed - Erudin Gardens 507, 232, -173
    2. Reported - Next to Wizard Spire (Need Exact Loc)
    3. Confirmed - Near Vastley Deep Zone Line (Need Exact Loc)
    4. Confirmed -227, 416, 813
    5. Confirmed top of Gruengech Mountain (Need Exact Loc)6. Confirmed 409, 192, -381
    7. Confirmed 208, 479, 1272
    8. Confirmed -293, 524, -177
    9. Confirmed -67, 262, 35
  3. ARCHIVED-Johnnyteatime Guest

Kenny - Mystic
    Zone: Nektulos Forest
    Kenny says to you, "Ahhhh! Whh whho are you?"
    You say to Kenny, "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to frighten you... I am Zotar."
    Kenny says to you, "Whhha whhhat do you want?"
    You say to Kenny, "What are you doing in this dark forest? I could see a doll such as yourself being torn to shreds in a place like this."
    Kenny says to you, "I... I am not a doll... Well, at least I wasn't always a doll."
    You say to Kenny, "What happened to you?"
    Kenny says to you, "I was once a powerful shaman... I was known throughout my home lands. Alas, now I am but a play thing."
    You say to Kenny, "Do you still have the powers you had then?"
    Kenny says to you, "Yes, but I was a healer of body and mind. Who would take such healing from something that looks as I do? Not to mention there is the terms of my curse."
    You say to Kenny, "What terms?"
    Kenny says to you, "The one who cursed me is holding a ransom on my soul. I can never truly be free unless I am to pay him a rather large sum of money."
    You say to Kenny, "I think we may be able to work something out... How about you lend me your healing services and I will pay you in return?"
    Kenny says to you, "The amount of money I would need would be significant..."
    You say to Kenny, "I have deep pockets..."
    You've earned the achievement, Lookie What I Found!

Locations:
    [IMG]1. Confirmed -335.84, -2.09, 37.05 AB Server
    2. Confirmed -532, 74.75, -1697
    3. Confirmed - Near Druid Portal (Need Exac Loc)
    4. Confirmed -613, 61, -1259 Permafrost
    5. Confirmed -120, 0, -39
    7. Confirmed 339.50, 5.12, -831.44 Split Paw
    8. Confirmed -689, 60, -1467
    9. Confirmed -566, 0, -339
    10.Confirmed 598, 0, -626
  4. ARCHIVED-Johnnyteatime Guest

Perrin Wanderhoof - Fury
    Zone: The Withered Lands
    Perrin Wanderhoof says to you, "Bag of bones... Loose coins...Have some to give?
    You say to Perrin Wanderhoof, "You want me to give you bones and coins?
    Perrin Wanderhoof says to you, "A bright one we have here... Yes! Yes! Yes! As many as one can carry"
    You say to Perrin Wanderhoof "Coin, I can cover...Bones may be a bit more tricky"
    Perrin Wanderhoof says to you, "Provide me with coins and I can take the bones from your foes"
    You say to Perrin Wanderhoof, "That sounds intriguing, what do you have to offer?"
    You've earned the achievement, Lookie What I Found!

Locations:
    [IMG]1. Reported -2231.31, -592.84, -595.73
    2. Confirmed -3428.20 -672.07 -373.88
    3. Confirmed -114.35 -729.91 -603.99
    4. Confirmed -3160, -732, -524
    5. Confirmed 112, -681, -222
    6. Confirmed -1888, -526, -559
    7. Confirmed -1570, -579, -779
  5. ARCHIVED-Johnnyteatime Guest

Skyshrine Mercs
    Zone: Skyshrine - Back In Time Instances
    The mercs in Skyshrine require a "Key" which you gain access to after you complete the heroic questlines. Those same questlines will allow you to see a portal in the contested area (near the solo zone entrance portal). The portal will allow you to go back in time at will.
    The mercenaries in Skyshrine are not Elite mercenaries per se BUT because if you dismiss them they do not appear in the pub and that they get a boost to stats while in Skyshrine I am listing them with the elites
    There are 3 mercenaries in Skyshrine, Inquisitor, Monk (uses black widow stance) and Brigand

Locations:
    [IMG]1. Laborine Construct Ancient Mercenary - Confirmed
    Location 353. 0, 40 2

[IMG] 2. Archon Construct Ancient Mercenary - Confirmed
    Location -342. 0, -22 3

[IMG]3. Demolisher Construct Ancient Mercenary - Confirmed
    Location 97, 0, -376
  6. ARCHIVED-Karrane1 Guest

So you are not posting the loc's where you found the mercs?
  7. ARCHIVED-Johnnyteatime Guest

I am compiling my list of Loc's and will post what I currently have soon however others can start posting their locs as well. I have to dig through my notes as I have them in several locations, I have a couple for each merc
  8. ARCHIVED-Rigit Guest

Perrin is trackable, just FYI.
  9. ARCHIVED-Johnnyteatime Guest

Rigit wrote:
  10. ARCHIVED-Tigerlord001 Guest

The one reported spawn you have for Kenny is the one I posted on May 1st. I found him on Antonia Bayle. Haven't seen any of the other elites.
  11. ARCHIVED-Mystfit Guest

THAT'S Kenny?! Ack, I wanted to get him, but he doesn't look like the Moppet I thought he was...sorry to whoever I fussed at for calling it a voodoo doll. I take it back, I doooo!!!!
  12. ARCHIVED-Azomonas Guest

Johnnyteatime wrote:
    Perrin is absolutely trackable. Maybe you spoke to Gninja before he made them trackable?
  13. ARCHIVED-Johnnyteatime Guest

14. ARCHIVED-faydh Guest

oh thats just great 8(
    Been buying tracking scrolls to keep up track for him while i did my WL quests on two toons today and yesterday.
    Ones more my money has been wasted.
  15. ARCHIVED-Dethdlr Guest

Johnnyteatime wrote:
    First off, I could be completely wrong about this. But here's how I interpret the quote from Gninja out of context.
    When the Elite Mercs were first put in the game, they couldn't be tracked, right? Then they changed something and made at least two of them trackable, right? So something changed about two of them and they then became trackable. What we don't know is if something had been set on them that made them unable to be tracked or if something had to be added in order to make them able to be tracked. Lets assume that something was on them to specifically make them not able to be tracked since most NPCs seem to show up on track by default.
    This morning, Gninja "verified the tracking thing with Perrin" to see if he was trackable or not. What he determined was that "it looks like it was removed as well." The "as well" implies that whatever was done to this one was done to others. Otherwise, he wouldn't have said "as well". So if the non-trackable flag was removed from the other two already, which made them trackable, and then the same non-trackable flag was removed from Perrin, it would fit both what he said, and the fact that people have been able to track him.
    So when Gninja said "it looks like it was removed as well" he was probably talking about the setting that hid Perrin from track. And since he was already set as trackable without any major catastorphies happening, he decided to leave him that way which is why he said "I don't plan on readding it."
    In other words, Perrin is trackable too even though Gninja didn't think he was and he's going to leave it that way.
    But as I said at the begining, I could be completely wrong about this. That's just what I got out of what he wrote. :)
  16. ARCHIVED-Johnnyteatime Guest

Hierl wrote:
    What location did you find him in?
  17. ARCHIVED-SOE-MOD-08 Guest

This post has moved: /eq2/posts/preList.m?topic_id=500098&post_id=5756878 Off topic.
  18. ARCHIVED-SOE-MOD-08 Guest

This post has moved: /eq2/posts/preList.m?topic_id=500098&post_id=5756955 Off topic.
  19. ARCHIVED-SOE-MOD-08 Guest

This post has moved: /eq2/posts/preList.m?topic_id=500098&post_id=5757102 Personal attacks.
  20. ARCHIVED-Gninja Guest

Dethdlr@Butcherblock wrote:
    This is correct, sorry for confusion. Perrin can be tracked.