Elite Merc Locations and FAQ

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Johnnyteatime, May 16, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Johnnyteatime Guest

Thanks Gninja, I have updated the OP with the information
  2. ARCHIVED-Hierl Guest

Johnnyteatime wrote:
    I don't have the exact location offhand until I get into game, but it was down in the swamp area, directly below the Sanctuary of Tears. Eqmaps has a location on there for Perrin, but its actually near the end of the rock instead of where they have it. Its -114.35 -729.91 -603.99.
  3. ARCHIVED-Johnnyteatime Guest

Hierl wrote:
    Thanks Hierl :)
  4. ARCHIVED-Thalangolier Guest

Quick question i been looking for them for awhile now and i want to fist thankyou Johnnyteatime for takeing the time to start this form for us. So the respawn timer is 3 days or shorter would like to know so i can plan my seach better thx.
  5. ARCHIVED-Johnnyteatime Guest

I was told roughly 3 days by the GM. I think that is enough information for the community because you do not want to see folks perma camping zones because they know exact spawn times.
  6. ARCHIVED-faydh Guest

Can this be made Sticky pretty please?
  7. ARCHIVED-Dreamclouds Guest

johnny please read your PM box :)
  8. ARCHIVED-convict Guest

Got Matri in SBH, no tracking, no camping, and didnt use any loc. She's nice dps
  9. ARCHIVED-faydh Guest

convict wrote:
    Thank you so much for the very informative message.
    Very helpful
    (Irony might occur)
  10. ARCHIVED-Kuroitsuki Guest

OK;
    Hold onto your hat's I am about to blow the biggest Rare Merc finding sekret of all time. No really; this is so simple you will think "OMG; why did I not think of that!"
    All you have to do is enter the Merc's first name into "Guard Locate", that is the NPC guard "Find an NPC" dialogue. If the Merc is up; you get an exact waypoint, if the Merc is not up, you get a shrug.
    This ProTip is sponsored by the letters Q, Z and the number 10.
    Yes; I am good!
    Stoke me a Clipper; I'll be back for the loot!
    Peace, out.

Lexicon
  11. ARCHIVED-Dreamclouds Guest

Do the guards reflect the entire zone? if so, that makes it tons easier. Thank you for that suggestion!
  12. ARCHIVED-Kuroitsuki Guest

Dreamclouds wrote:
    Guards, currently, are zonewide.
    It is not a suggestion; I have got all 3 rares in less than 24 hours using this technique.
  13. ARCHIVED-faydh Guest

hmm i don't know if this is true or a joke.
    I have more than ones tryed this in desperation. But ofcause it is very posible the mercs just were not up at the time.
    Also just tried it on all 3 now on Splitpaw. Nothing.
  14. ARCHIVED-Tigerlord001 Guest

I'd imagine that it works, and is certainly worth trying. I was doing it in Nek forest back when I was camping Kenny, since there are guards literally a stone's throw away from the place I camped at. Never found out if it worked, though, because when he finally spawned, he was right beside me.
    I suspect that when Gninja sees this little trick, it might mysteriously vanish, hehe.
  15. ARCHIVED-faydh Guest

Yes im afraid so too.
    Would be nice though if he could at least let them Refuse to tell when they are up and just Shroug when they are not.
    Would spare us for LOTS of searching after something not even there.
  16. ARCHIVED-Lempo Guest

Tigerlord001 wrote:
    One can only hope.
  17. ARCHIVED-Tigerlord001 Guest

Lempo@Everfrost wrote:
    Why does it matter so much to you how other people play a game they pay for? If you don't like mercs, don't use them, but here's a news flash: people using these wouldn't have grouped with you anyway, so you're not missing out.
  18. ARCHIVED-Dreamclouds Guest

Well, that makes it much easier. But three days apart is so infrequent! That would mean only about 120 spawns a year for each one; many of us will never see them I am afraid. I would love to just be able to find ONE.
    The guards seem to be shrugging off the questions, so I am not really convinced that they will tell us.
  19. ARCHIVED-Lempo Guest

Tigerlord001 wrote:
    Ok, how would the guard know if the merc was up or not? Seriously be reasonable. It was not intended for this to work (if it even does). If it does then it needs to be changed to where it doesn't.
    A long, long time ago when things were not like candy land in Norrath, when you had to put forth effort and work into accomplishing things there was a 'trick' that was once used to find out if a character was up. You take the bell, actually you PAID to take the bell, go to the commonlands and say type /hail Rama'nai, if the NPC which was needed for a quest was up you would get a response (he was in the middle of the zone, far to far away for you to hail him). They fixed this, it was deemed to be unfair or whatever. They actually messed up on the first attempt at fixing, if the NPC was up it would display a blank line (can not exactly recall).
    So if something is clearly not working as intended, just because I want if fixed doesn't mean that I care how others play as long as they do not exploit (use of mechanics bugs to your advantage is exploiting/abusing them).
  20. ARCHIVED-Dreamclouds Guest

the script probably requires that if you can track it, then the guards can as well. It may not be an option to exclude the guards.
    If that is so, it makes them camp fodder... and as much as I would like to find one, I do not like that idea.