Elfar’s Carnivorous Plant Journal

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, and New Player Questions' started by ARCHIVED-LordAdder, Mar 21, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Enigmo2 Guest

Just 1 time tho, so is it really worth getting the potions vs the gold you can make for the T7 drops?
  2. ARCHIVED-Liandra Guest

you dont get as much cash from the drops anymore so in some cases like the escape root i would say they are very worth it. especially if you are not an evac class.
  3. ARCHIVED-TheBohbo Guest

I tried 8x this morning to make an escape root ( I had one and used it once before LU22 ) I made alot of rotten and fresh fruit and managed to make 2 mending and 1 power root but can't make an evac potion to save my life. I have tried different orders, I have the vibrant plant and am using all T7 items.
  4. ARCHIVED-Davus Guest

Friday, April 21's 4:17pm. I've tried tier1 and tier7 .. 5 each of fert, water, bones. Have not gotten an evac potion. before the server reset today, I was getting fresh fruit. Now I'm just getting rotten fruit. Surely they didn't remove the evac root. that would be terrible. Lets try to find another recipe list for it. I will post more if I find more.
  5. ARCHIVED-Tycho Guest

Okee-dokee....

Here's my data.

All experiments performed by first fertilizing, then watering, then feeding.

*Except for Fresh Fruit*, level of stuff seems to be unimportant. I started with Tier 1 raw materials and still rec'd level 55 roots. I max'd-and-match'd and also got level 55 roots (toon is lvl 59).

Level of fresh fruit looks to be level of lowest raw material used (so using either pouch of peat, flask of rancid water, or small decaying bone will give you a lvl 10 Fresh Fruit regardless of other items). It could be, however, that you get the average -- shoud be relatively easy for someone to test.

At lvl 59, I rec'd ~2% adventure exp and 1% achievement exp for each personal discovery

Also... not sure, but I think I selected the Green Plant. I suspect this doesn't make a difference.

Unfortunately, I can't add any new items to the list, but I can list several cases for which you get Fruit.

Here's the data:

(Fertilizer-Water-Bone)

1-1-4 --> Fresh Fruit1-1-5 --> Fresh Fruit1-2-3 --> Short (known)1-4-1 --> Fresh Fruit2-1-4 --> Fresh Fruit2-1-3 --> Power (known)2-2-2 --> Lightning (known)2-2-3 --> Fresh Fruit2-3-2 --> Fresh Fruit2-3-3 --> Fresh Fruit3-1-2 --> Flame (known)3-2-2 --> Fresh Fruit3-3-1 --> Fresh Fruit
    5-5-5 --> Escape (!) <-- These were all of the same level, but don't remember which (either T3 or T4 though)

No rotten fruit in any of these tests (all run in one session).

Hmmm... afterthought....

Given the problems that some have had trying to make items, I would also check whether or not any individual item can be made more than once per day. If not, then my data is not useful (as some combinations might lead to duplicate items).

Javax, Mystic 59, Sage 48; Nektulos (nee Lavastorm)

Message Edited by Tycho on 04-22-2006 10:53 AM
    Message Edited by Tycho on 04-22-2006 10:55 AM
    Message Edited by Tycho on 04-22-2006 07:22 PM
  6. ARCHIVED-Seidhkona Guest

Yes, you can make more than one of the same item per day. I'd been saving all of my plant food components since they started dropping. This weekend, I made one of all the known recipes in this thread. Then I made several more escape root and power root.

My only real complaint is that the items don't stack. I've played some with the various products produced by the plant. Power is about like manastone - not much power gain at my level (57) but better than nothing in a long fight when you're OOP!

Toadstool was, well, a trip (grin). I tried it while trying to spawn the Frosthorn leader in Everfrost. I didn't have a parse running, but I feel that I was doing more DPS when I was big... maybe that's subjective perception (stomp the ants!)

Evac root rocks. How many times have I lamented that I was waaaayyyy in the back of The Feerrott near CT and wished I had someone who could evac me?

Flame root... not worth it at my level at all. Maybe it would have a noticable impact vs a much lower level mob?

I'll be trying the other roots I made as opportunity presents.

Message Edited by Seidhkona on 04-24-2006 12:35 PM
  7. ARCHIVED-Davus Guest

I just want to confirm... you are still getting evac potions.. and more than one per day? Are you using t7 items.. and is the recipe still 5 of each item?
    I've not been able to get an evac root in over a week now.
  8. ARCHIVED-NiamiDenMother Guest

Ok, the evac root, like the fruit, seems to be level-picky. (I'm guessing something also got tweaked in a hotfix since LU22).

Level 49 mystic using 5/5/5 of the level 70 plant goodies received a level 65 escape root (which, being no trade, is going to sit in her vault for a while, since it is too high a level for her to use!)
    She has, from testing last week, the level 45 version of the escape root, in her inventory.
    Same level 49 mystic, same day (today), 5/5/5 of the level 50 plant goodies, and she received fresh fruit. So, it is now either a once per day item, or now, only a level 65 item. More testing is needed.
  9. ARCHIVED-Davus Guest

I'm thinking it's once per Real Life Day.. if not longer.. I tried it when i frist logged in and got an escape root.. tried it later on that day.. got fresh fruit... logged back in later on that day.. got rotten fruit. Tried the next day (was probably not 24hrs yes... ) and got fresh fruit again.
  10. ARCHIVED-Kurindor_Mythecnea Guest

Message Edited by Xietsu on 04-25-2006 06:43 AM
  11. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Wow. glad I found this thread. I just completed some 5 recipes and reaped the AXP they gave me thanks to this thread.
  12. ARCHIVED-MirageKnight Guest

I tried to make escae roots couple time with combine of 5-5-5 (fert > water > food), though those ended up making rotten fruits couple time.
    After 3 failures (staying in same zone, haven't logged or zoned), I thought this might be because of time of giving those items. So I waited (staying in the same zone, and not logged off) and started the test again at 11:40am (cuz its plant you know, might need sunlight) Norrath time then strangely made success.
    Not sure if was the cause for some of you but another thing to be tested :)
    Message Edited by MirageKnight on 05-05-2006 10:00 PM
  13. ARCHIVED-SenyaCadence Guest

I've not read all of this thread but I just wanted to post something that you may find useful. For those of you giving your plant 5, 5, 5 for the evac root (or any other combinations) and ending up with fruit I think I've discovered at least part of the problem.
    I often store my plant items in the bank or in my house vault for when I want to go use it for an evac root. One day after taking out 5 of everything from my vault and feeding it to my plant I noticed I still had 5 of something.. fertlizer I believe it was. So I went to my vault and there was 5 less in the vault and the ones in my inventory remained the same. I still got the evac root but everything I had in my inventory and in my vault was T7.
    Yesterday a friend said he was getting rotten fruit from 5 5 5, then he noticed that he still had 5 of whatever he was giving the plant. I asked him if he had others in the bank and he said he did. After he checked the bank he was missing T5 items of whatever he'd been giving it.
    So it gave the plant 5 T7 of something, 5 T5 of something out of the bank, and 5 more T7 something which resulted in a unsuccessful combine. For those of you getting rotten fruit when you should be getting something else check what's stored in your vaults.. It may be the problem.
  14. ARCHIVED-shadowsmage Guest

anyone figured out if there is a bug or a seriously long time limit
    on remaking the evac potions?

i was able to make one, then ever since, only get fresh fruit.

yes they are all same level items used

no i dont have any in my bank or vault

i have tried 6 times in 5 days
  15. ARCHIVED-Davus Guest

yeah.. it is getting really annoying. I wish the devs would quit messing around with the ratio of success or whatever. Blackguards article made note that sometimes he get fresh fruit.. and sometimes gets roots. which leads me to believe you are no longer garaunteed a success. like you could before live update 23.
    I've yet to get an evac root since LU23 using 5 of each t7 item on my blue plant .. tried day and night eq times

anyone else have some more input on this? Toadstools, Power Roots, and Evac Roots are my main interests at this time.
  16. ARCHIVED-shadowsmage Guest

well if its a success thing, it must only be for the evac root.

ive had 100% success with every other combine...again...and again...and again.
  17. ARCHIVED-Davus Guest

that is good to know. since lu23 ive not had a 100% success on the evac. what color is your plant? (i dont think it matters.. but who knows)
  18. ARCHIVED-shadowsmage Guest

i have a blue plant
  19. ARCHIVED-Beaumorte Guest

i don't recall seeing any mention of this so far in here, so here goes...
    after giving my plant fetalizer, water, and bones, i've found that you have a higher chance of getting whatever type root your going for, if you wait at least 30 seconds after giving it the last item, before checking soil....
    hope this helps out some
  20. ARCHIVED-Feodore Guest

i dont get the escape root any more grrrrr