Elfar’s Carnivorous Plant Journal

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, and New Player Questions' started by ARCHIVED-LordAdder, Mar 21, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Tracido Guest

Server Discovery, Oasis: Escape Root

Leveled me to 56, it's a level 55 for whole group and myself.

Red Plant, 10 bone, 10 fertilizer and 10 water. all from tier one and up many mixed.

It wouldn't do it again (costs alot to test these) though, rotten and fresh fruits after the first escape root is there a limit; can you only have 1, or something i am missing?

Message Edited by Tracido on 04-10-200605:30 AM
  2. ARCHIVED-Tracido Guest

3 fert 3 bone 4 water, tier 4 level 30 fresh fruit

red plant
  3. ARCHIVED-Galldora Guest

How do you select which items you are going to give the plant? It says in the guide that items will be taken from your inventory, your house vault if not in merchant mode, or your bank. So if I want to give the plant 5 fresh waters, but I also have some enchanted waters, or if I have, say, 20 fresh waters -- how do I give the plant only 5 fresh waters? Seems like there is no place I can stash the stuff I don't want the plant to use.
  4. ARCHIVED-LordAdder Guest

The only sure way to safeguard items from use is to put them into your vault for sale. Put some ridiculous price on them (ie. 1000 plat) so that no one actually buys your items. The feeding system won't use items that are for sale.
    Thanks for the new info OmegaDar and TracidoI. Journal updated.
    Message Edited by LordAdder on 04-11-2006 07:47 PM
  5. ARCHIVED-LordAdder Guest

The Journal has been updated with some new-found revelations!
  6. ARCHIVED-SenyaCadence Guest

Today after the patch I fed my vibrant plant in this order:

5 fertilizer (T7) 5 water (T7) 5 bones (T7) and got 1 escape root. (1 charge of evac)
  7. ARCHIVED-NiamiDenMother Guest

Sadly, I don't have the plant color, or additional spell information, however, with some pulling of teeth, I managed to get the following post-LU22 experimentation notes from a guildmate:

Order for all these was fertilizer, water, bones - he used tier 7 components. Will test with other tiers later. This version of them created level 65 items
    entwining roots, 4-second cast-time root: 2/3/1
    short root, (movement) speed increase: 1/2/3
    power root, power increase: 2/1/3
    flame root, damage shield: 3/1/2
    toadstool, shrink/grow: 1/3/2
    lightning root, attack speed increase: 2/2/2
    shifting root, invis: 1/2/2
    fresh fruit: 3/2/1, 1/3/1, 2/1/2, 2/2/1, 3/3/2

Hope this helps!
  8. ARCHIVED-Kalerian Guest

Mending root: 3,1,1

L55 one does 101-151 hp healing
  9. ARCHIVED-NiamiDenMother Guest

Also with the vibrant plant (not positive it makes a difference), level 30 components: 5 fertilizer, 5 water, 5 bones - Escape Root (no trade), group evac, level 45
  10. ARCHIVED-LordAdder Guest

Thanks SenyaCadence, NiamiDenMother, and Kalerian. I hve included the new info.
    The Journal has been updated, and some new info has been added. I have also added a Produced-Item Description List at the end of the post. I'll try to keep it updated as well. Keep experimenting!!!
  11. ARCHIVED-NiamiDenMother Guest

From testing by guildmates, as well as with various alts, the levels of the items used to feed the plant don't matter other than for fresh fruit. Rather, the items yielded are based on the player level, rounded down to the nearest x5. (Level 47 will get a level 45 escape root, level 44 will get a level 35, etc.) Fresh fruit was the exception to this rule, with level 10 components creating level 10 fruit. :)

Additionally, the color of the plant does not seem to matter on the combos (I remember hearing a theory that it did). We've received reports of using the 5/5/5 combo on vibrant and red plants so far with no problem. :) I've updated the thread on my forums accordingly.

(edited with the fruit update)
    Message Edited by NiamiDenMother on 04-15-2006 08:22 AM
  12. ARCHIVED-LordAdder Guest

Thanks for the info Niami. I was beginning to wonder about the importance of the tiers myself, since it seemed that the same item was being produced regardless of the used-item tier, but since few were posting their player's level, I had missed that connection completely.
    As for the plant color significance, I'm still not convinced that it has no bearing on the outcome. If you will notice in the OP list, there are two combines that have all ingredients alike except the plant color, the result being an Escape Root, but one root has an instant effect while the other has a 4sec cast. Unless this was a typo by one of the posters, or a bug in the game, the color of the plant appears to be the reason for the difference.
    Hopefully someone will clarify this in the near future.
    Journal has been updated with this new info. Thanks again.
    Message Edited by LordAdder on 04-17-2006 11:13 AM
  13. ARCHIVED-mystic586 Guest

I have been experimenting with various combinations extensively over the last few days with nothing new to report. My guess is that unless its something really off the wall, we have found all that their is to be had. Personally, I really like the evac root, but I also see this and the power root as the only really useful items from the plant. However, with that said, I still think that it is a great idea and opens up possible additions as adventure packs and expansions are released. All in all.....Nice job SoE.
  14. ARCHIVED-Liandra Guest

at lvl 60 i feed my red plant 5 fer/5 water/5 bones and got a lvl 55 escape root.
    it is a 4 sec cast.
    I would be inclined to think that the person who said they got an instant escape root was looking at the wrong field. Duration is instant (since it instantly evacs the group) but casting time is 4 secs.
    Hmmm. is there anyone here with eq2players item DB access that can check and see how many different versions of the escape root there are?
    Message Edited by Liandra on 04-17-2006 08:35 PM
  15. ARCHIVED-LordAdder Guest

/emote Elfar slaps himself silly
    Ok. I just checked the database. Sure enough, there is only one type of escape root with a 4sec cast time. But I discovered something else too. The roots listed in the journal are the only roots in the DB. This means that at least we have a complete list of the discoveries thus far. Also, each root is listed seven times, once for each level of the root - 5, 15, 25, 35, 45, 55, 65. ( This could very well be the entire list... 7 roots, 7 levels, 7 tiers).
    There are variations in some of the roots' stats too. for instance, the Mending Root at level 15 heals for 27 - 41 while the level 65 root heals for 3 - 4 (Mending Root at level 5 has no stats!)!!!!! All of the roots that have a percentage bonus stat have increasingly higher stats from level 5 to level 45, then drop to nothing (for Power Root and Lightning Root) or almost nothing for levels 55 & 65!!! And a REAL interesting root is the Short Root. At level 45 it is listed as Scenic Root and has a run increase of 18%!!! The 65 & 55 Short Root have 1.4%, while the 35 - 13.8%, 25 - 9.6%, 15 - 6%, and 5 - 3.2%. (get the pun here? RUN speed - Short Root {route} & Scenic Root {route} :smileyvery-happy: )
    It appears that the level 45 roots are the cream of the crop with the across-the-board best stats.
    I will update the journal tomorrow with all of this info!
    (And thanks Liandra for waking me up! Geesh! :mansurprised: )
    Message Edited by LordAdder on 04-18-2006 01:50 AM
  16. ARCHIVED-NiamiDenMother Guest

I'll have to check some stuff on my biguns tomorrow regarding those stats, to be extra-sure it isn't some odd examine error (since there are many, many spell-related items out there that display stats incorrectly if you're not of an appropriate level to use the item).
  17. ARCHIVED-uberpaco Guest

Very nice little setup.
    Yesterday I started feeding my GREEN plant.
    Im a lvl 52 necro, but have gotten stuff, water, bones, fertilizers from all my chars, two accounts, that ranges from 21 up to 52
    I just started feeding the plant the amount it needed and didn't bother with what Tier each and all was.
    I got all lvl 45 stuff.
    5 fertilizer, 5 water, 5 bones (all tiers stuff), Green Plant = Escape Root, Lvl 45, 1 charge
    2 fertilizer, 3 water, 1 bones (all tiers stuff), Green Plant = Entwining Roots, Lvl 45, 1 charge
    1 fertilizer, 2 water, 3 bones (all tiers stuff), Green Plant = Short Root, Lvl 45, 1 charge
    2 fertilizer, 1 water, 3 bones (all tiers stuff), Green Plant = Power Root, Lvl 45, 1 charge
    3 fertilizer, 1 water, 2 bones (all tiers stuff), Green Plant = Flame Root, Lvl 45, 1 charge2 fertilizer, 2 water, 2 bones (all tiers stuff), Green Plant = Lightning Root, Lvl 45, 1 charge1 fertilizer, 2 water, 2 bones (all tiers stuff), Green Plant = Shifting Root, Lvl 45, 1 charge
    3 fertilizer, 1 water, 1 bones (all tiers stuff), Green Plant = Mending Root, Lvl 45, 1 charge
    3 fertilizer, 2 water, 1 bones (all tiers stuff), Green Plant = Fresh Fruit, Lvl 45, 1 charge
    Didn't get around to do Toadstool (ran out of bones), but no reason why it shouldn't work as stated. Everything else did
  18. ARCHIVED-Davus Guest

Well... I have a Blue Plant. I gave it 5fert, 5water, 5bones of t3 items.. and got the evac root.
    I gave 5fert, 5water, 5bones again of t7 and got fresh fruit. Funny thing is.. I've given it 5fert, 5water, 5bones before... and got the evac root.
    So..... leaves me to believe that you can only get one of each item per tier each day.
    Can anyone else confirm (or not) if you can only get one of each item per tier each day ?
    If you.. that would be great. Hate wasting 5 of each item trying to test theory on my own.
    Message Edited by Davus on 04-19-2006 02:37 PM
  19. ARCHIVED-NiamiDenMother Guest

Another datapoint ... level 65 lightning root is 25% attack speed increase - when viewed by someone level 66 (this goes counter to the OP's statement of the higher levels of lightning root dropping to nothing), so I suspect it was just another issue with examining spells that are higher level than you. :)
  20. ARCHIVED-LordAdder Guest

The info that I posted came from the item database on EQ2Players.com. This should be accurate once an item is discovered, but apparently it is not. The database would have nothing to do with what level someone was when viewing the item, it would just record the discovered item along with its stats (at least that is how it SHOULD work). If it is giving erroneous info on one item, then none can be taken as fact.
    Guess its back to page one... :mansad: