Elemental Toxicity

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Anunnaki, Mar 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Enigma Active Member

I can provide a guild for you to test on epic dummies on the beta if you still need it but i recently tested it and its still the same deal where scout pet comes out lower than the mage pet on live single target.
  2. Anunnaki Active Member

Yeah, could you? There is other stuff I wanted to test too. I had a guild set up there that I was doing testing at and now its just gone.
  3. Enigma Active Member

Yea i'll be on beta right now.
  4. Caith Developer

Please keep the thread on topic, we have a thread for the pet changes already.
  5. Mrmacky Active Member

I think etox doing that much damage is balanced! lol. It should at least do the damage you lose for the group. On a fight like grimlings you figure its doing 2-3m damage and i doubt i was casting it as much as i could have
    Kootti and Mogrim like this.
  6. Mogrim Well-Known Member

My main verdict on these changes right now is that the jury is still out. ;)
  7. Kootti New Member

Why should Etox be compared to some other class skill? Why don't you compare it to fiery blast or solar flare or frozen rain? The bottom line is, if etox doesn't do as much damage as it now does, it is a nerf for raid parse.
  8. Mogrim Well-Known Member

With the amount of lag it causes, if Etox was removed from game, damage in our raid would probably go UP right now. ;)

Side note - Curse of Darkness causes almost as many problems due to the fact that not only is it a group buff, but the proc is an encounter proc. As a result, it definitely causes more lag issues than say.... Ice Lash.
    Neiloch and Ajjantis like this.
  9. Crychtonn Active Member

That'd be funny to see. Dirges the new T0 parse class :).
  10. Dotuming Active Member

This change to etox represents a improvement to summoners non linked encounter aoe dps. It also represents a bigger improvement to necros via accelerated decay and I am all for that even though I play a conjie. Lets face it necros need some love expecially when lifeburn doesn't rate in the top 10 dps spells. What I don't understand is sorcs implying that with 1 spell will imply universe altering affects. Summoners will never be as high on the parse as Sorcs for AOE fights...For that matter if we get to half their damage on certain non linked AOE fights, im happy with that. For those that play a summoner a good portion of our abillities don't even work or do absolutely nothing. You need only look at the conjie wishlist to see that.

For the comments about the new pets ive posted a test parse on the summoner AI thread, and echo many others that stipulate that there is no dps increase with the new pets. So lets keep this about the changes to toxicity.

As someone stated...I fixed it for you.

We both know the direction the devs intend to take this ability in, which is fine. It will yield summoners rather mediocre increased gains on a very few select fights relative to everyone else. I suppose some doomsayer posts like some do highlight the perils of pushing things to a public test environment in an uncompleted state - people then see any subsequent quality of life improvements to a long neglected class as a huge buff before they have even got their hands on it in a raid environment.
  11. Luciuz Active Member

I tested this on beta server and I must say I like the change. I could see this being one of the best aoe spells in the game since it decreases threat, debuffs potency, and does decent damage.
  12. Skulls Member

I have not been to Beta to see this new Elem Toxicity spell, but am wondering if the spell will keep its ability to proc or damage multiple times like it presently does this allows the summoner to sometimes get lucky on a good parse when timed before casting our aoe spells for multiple hits of the elem toxicity proc. When this is done elem toxicity really is a big parsing spell and to lose that is gonna be huge.

Now if its changed to a DoT damage spell instead of a buff proccing damage, we lose this ability to get lucky sometimes with lots of multiple hits boosting our parse. Would it be possible to allow this new blue elem toxicity spell to have the chance to hit multiple times like the old aftershocks effect from the warlock class. Someone posted earlier that the spell can doublecast, but in addition to that a chance of aftershocks to make up for the multiple hits loss from the live version, would be needed.
  13. Mrmacky Active Member

I agree with everyone! I would love to be able to keep up with those evil sorcerers and their crazy dps!
  14. Thand Well-Known Member

Actualy it would be interesting to see the parses if group damage add ability like VC or assassins group hemo, or even Bells Tolls clickys go to the caster. Infact You have Ev cast on you Why Shouldn't the caster get credit for that increased Damage since they were the ones who actual cause it to happen. I can see what would Happen There would Be massive calls for nerfs to certain classes because of the Perception of them doing more dps as Other classes Dps drop/
    When in realty their total added dps would be the same as it always was just other people where getting credit. I good example for the healer is Templars who are in general lower on the almighty "Heal Parse" when it does not take into account the damage they Prevented from happening in the first place. In general i find our entire method of determining Parses Highly inaccurate,
    Why i always found it Counter productive to call for nerfs of Other classes. Why Would you want to cripple your own guild/raids dps over some Arbitrary number.
    If you think your class needs some boosts. Focus on that Not putting down others.
    Silzin likes this.
  15. Luciuz Active Member

[IMG]
  16. Thand Well-Known Member

does loose the -threat for rest of group except the tank
    Change it from -threat to - position though and i would jump for joy haha
  17. Karsa Active Member

Don't think so all damage is attributed to the summoner so pretty sure the de- hate is only for the summoner as well. It's a great aoe hopefully we'll see more changes to other classes in near future..
    Deveryn likes this.
  18. Deveryn Well-Known Member

The -threat is only for the summoner, as noted above.

-threat is better than position, especially when soloing. It even gets modified. I'm not sure what the base figure is, but my rank 2 is at 101k -threat, where that screenshot shows -151k
  19. Daray Well-Known Member

To be fair, even if it did no damage it would still probably be a gain to the raid parse (with its current Live performance hit), so that argument doesn't really hold.

And I could have quite easily said...
    - 12 target Sniper Shot @ 1.7 times the damage of Sniper Shot per target hit (pre-mod)
    - 12 target Elemental Blast @ 0.72 times the damage of EB per target hit (pre-mod)
    - 12 target Apocalypse @ 2.33 times the damage of Apoc per target hit
    - 12 target Assassinate @ 1.79 times the damage of Assassinate per target hit (pre-mod)
    * Those numbers would be even higher if basing it against a necro.

So take your pick.

My point is that it does need to be appropriately balanced, and those numbers just don't look like they are (atm it qualifies as a strong single-target ability before you actually remember that it hits 12 targets too).

Edit: In fact, if I were looking closer at the design of this ability, I'd probably look to lower the reuse (something like 60s base / 30s capped) and then drastically lower the damage values on it (in part due to the lowered cooldown, but also to bring the damage down into the realms of reasonable for its cycle time, whatever that ends up being). Also reduce the max targets hit to the standard 8. And a radius of 20m is completely unnecessary for a targeted blue, because with radius modifiers you will probably end up hitting a bunch of things you didn't intend to hit or want to pull - 10m (base) radius is more than sufficient.
    Mogrim and Neiloch like this.
  20. Luciuz Active Member

The numbers you see are from my raid geared, live-copied character. Over 1k cb and pot while casting. I forgot to mention that. The numbers wont be as high for others.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.