Elemental Toxicity

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Anunnaki, Mar 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luciuz Active Member

2. Enigma Active Member

The damage on etox on the beta is actually where it should be more or less but it should not be nerfed by 70% of its value. I think the main problem here is that the damage needs to reflect the potential damage you would otherwise get from the live etox. Consider the scenario of the current etox not causing any lag and was usable on all AE encounter fights, you would actually see e tox rather up there on everyone's parse. In the end overall raid damage would be the same, it would just make summoners look good on the parse but its really a artificial dps gain.
    Luciuz likes this.
  3. Thand Well-Known Member

Until i see some actual group or raid parses against comparatively geared dps i will hold my judgement
    Caith likes this.
  4. Neiloch Well-Known Member

Taking the group wide, potential lagless, DPS of etox and giving it all to just the summoner would again be insane. Saying the raid/group wide DPS would remain the same so its fine is just obtuse. They'd never get away with it. The amount of DPS individual classes and players bring matters.
  5. Enigma Active Member

It won't be "insane" more like artificially inflating the summoner dps. Tbh it would only be like 5m-8m dps gain on those heavy AE fights anyway and for single target it won't even be on the top 5 of our outgoing damage and that's in its current state on beta.
    Luciuz likes this.
  6. Mogrim Well-Known Member

Not if you can reproduce it endlessly by bringing 4 summoners to raid.
    Then the damage isn't artificial.
  7. Darkon Well-Known Member

It really doesn't matter.

If etox was intended to give the raid 2m dps on single target and 4m on ae, giving summoners an ability that grants them those damage values isn't really a problem.

This ability has caused problems for ages, and I'm glad it's being changed. The damage values look fine.

It's not like they're going to replace sorcerers friends. Let's not get carried away.
  8. Priority Well-Known Member

Just crappy, undergeared Rangers : (
    Darkon likes this.
  9. Enigma Active Member

If etox was not bringing the dreadful lag you can already rotate it almost endlessly with have 4x summoners in the group so it makes no difference and plus the damage produced from the other summoners won't be added to the individual summoner anyway. Your own etox damage(the beta version) would be the only damage that would be recorded on your act parser not any other summoners etox.
  10. Tabri Well-Known Member

Whats the difference of 4 summoners being added to a raid in the future or the current ideal setup of 4 warlocks presently?

Whatever class does the best dps people will just drop the one they are playing currently and switch to whatever the flavor of the month is. All I know is dps for summoners needs a boost, if anyone disagrees too bad we are not a utility class and we need to be more competitive with he OP classes out there now(cough Warlock).

So now I will watch while every wizard, warlock, ranger, assassin jumps on this thread to yell nerf before anything is even done to our class.
  11. Schnooky Member

This change is long overdue and it finally compensates summoners for the major disadvantage they face against spells like focused casting.
    Ignore the nerf bat calls please.
  12. Luciuz Active Member

Kinda like 4 warlocks in a raid using caustic detonation with full counts
  13. Darkon Well-Known Member

Look, if it goes live and it IS grossly overpowered it can just be nerfed. I don't know why the stigma exists that once something is on live it can't be changed. It can be.

EQ2 is the only mmorpg I know that doesn't have monthly game-wide class balance number tweaks.

Just as an example -> http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/17561381/61-ptr-patch-notes-february-13-2-13-2015#dk

Massive class balance changes.

If this ability goes live and the numbers are too high it would be the simplest thing in the world to just adjust it.

EzPz.

Worst case scenario summoners have a god-tier ability for a week and they get to feel amazing.
    Sciomar likes this.
  14. Neiloch Well-Known Member

Because that's how almost every OP ability that made to live played out? It can be changed promptly, but history shows that it won't.
  15. Vasco Active Member

All hail the new overlords! It's your time to shine summoners!
  16. Mrmacky Active Member

templars out dps summoners! we need a boost!
  17. Skulls Member

YES elemental toxicity should do a lot of damage and should be an amazing spell. Whats wrong with all you sorc and ranger whiners? Elemental Toxicity is a summoners AA end line and a class defining spell it should do tons of damage. Why aren't sorcs posting here advocating nerfing your fiery blasts or plague bringer and rift spells, you guys are pathetic, and (where would your sorc parses be without your class defining big damage spells)? Just realize that elemental Toxicity has a long recast timer this spells damage will not come close (for example) to warlocks catalyst spell which they just keep chain casting over and over. To say this spell as is now in beta is so overpowered is laughable, a nice swap out for the live version yes.

And I don't know where you all got your information that elemental tox in live doesn't do much damage, yes it cause lag but still does huge damage on encounter and aoe fights for the summoners dps parse. This lag only makes the current version unusable on the CHH spider fight everything else it works just fine. I see all of you claiming over and over that the current group damage output of the spell shouldn't now be attributed to the summoner. It's NOT and never was built into the beta version, who spouted that dumb idea and everyone ran with it, again laughable.

Again this is not a spell that can be cast over and over, it has a long recast timer, this spell will never be on the top of our parse unless its a very short aoe fight. And yes it should do big damage just like our current elem tox spell does on short fights. Current live version is always 2nd, 3rd or 4th on my personal summoner parse for short aoe fights, this spell procs multiple times and gives us big damage. I don't see any huge increases in the math, people that don't play this class or understand the mechanics of it should probably stay on the sidelines.

Reality check
    Deveryn likes this.
  18. Ishmel Member

the real question is, where is ae assassinate?
    Neiloch likes this.
  19. Mogrim Well-Known Member

Where is ae Plaguebringer?
    Where is ae Snipershot?
    Crychtonn and Neiloch like this.
  20. Mrmacky Active Member

wheres ae Elemental blast?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.