Elemental Toxicity

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Anunnaki, Mar 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deveryn Well-Known Member

Where's AE encounter power tap?* Necros had one in EQ1 :p

also, where's my red stapler? (it's a Swingline)

*I was joking about this, but now that I think about it, hearts and shards could use a look :p
  2. Caith Developer

The current ET values on Beta are completely un-tuned. While we appreciate the feedback, don't get carried away debating its balance just yet.
    Mogrim, Luciuz, Daray and 3 others like this.
  3. Neiloch Well-Known Member

In its current form it does more single target than sniper shot (counting sniper shot spec'd for hitting twice and beta ET NOT being doublecasted) and has the potential to hit 12 targets AND refreshes in half the time.
    So...
    To say the least.
    Xillean likes this.
  4. Thand Well-Known Member

What is Funny is i bet that If they took a bards VC for example and instead of Spreading the damage over the entire group just gave the bard a proc that did the total combined damage. People would be clamoring to Nerf it because. It would show a large gain in the ALMIGHY PERSONAL PARSE! compared to other classes.
    Also i notice almost every time one class gets worked on. Alot of other classes come out to complain because THEY are not being worked on. I see it here almost everytime When in reality it was just not there turn yet.
    The best thing to to be be happy for the other classes and know that eventually they will get to yours and it will even out
  5. Neiloch Well-Known Member

Of course they would be mad. You can't just dismiss this. Its a huge part of most MMO's and impacts a lot of practical and mechanical things from class popularity to balancing classes and encounters. While the raid wide parse is important to even high end raid guilds you are kidding yourself if you think they would be fine with 1 of many classes of the same role becoming extremely top heavy on it just because the raid wide remains relatively the same. That's just never gonna happen.
    Mogrim likes this.
  6. Daray Well-Known Member

Lol, just caught up on this thread.

I've always wondered what would happen if players got a chance to 'design their own ability'. Reading some of the posts here, I suppose it would just end up being a case of 'how many zeros can the code support' ....
    Neiloch likes this.
  7. Koko Well-Known Member

Yup! Also ranged, non positional, non stealth, and does not interrupt auto attacks.
  8. Kootti New Member

Like almost all sorcerer and summoner abilities are?
  9. Yoube Active Member

There is much whining and crying in this thread. Maybe I will have to order a five pound block of cheese instead of a one pound block to go with all of this whine.

The new design is still in Beta mode and testing. Please, for the love all of things holy and pure, let the testing run its course and see what happens from there. If it needs to be tweaked, I am quite sure that all of the sorcerers/predators/bards and whomever else wishes to cry about it will get to swing the nerfbat at the spell and keep kicking the summoners down like you have been doing for years.

Its just a game people, there is no reason to stress yourself into a stroke over one spell.
  10. Skulls Member

What in the world are you people talking about, your all clueless. First who ever said that the Beta elem tox spell was taking all the combined group damage from the live version and giving it to the summoner? Whoever started that line of thought is clueless and lost, stop talking about something that is untrue.

First elemental toxicity in live now IS and always HAS been a huge damage spell for us. This spell does a lot of damage for the summoner personally who cares about what it does for the group. What most of you fail to realize is that it procs its damage hits everytime you hit a mob, so yes when we use our encounter or aoe spells and hit 10 mobs YES they all get hit with elemental toxicity. Now what makes it even do bigger damage is it procs its damage multiple times on each mob when using aoe spells. I have regular ACT parses that show that this spell can (trigger its proc up to 15 to 18 times just from using one aoe spell on a single target mob). SO when using a few aoe spells on an aoe fight with 10 mobs you will see 120 to 180 or more triggers of elemental toxicity. This spell is huge damage and will always be near the top of the summoner parse on short fights. They are not combining the full groups damage of the live spell and sticking that into the new Beta version, if you think that your again clueless and lost.

Second this spell is now a huge parsing spell, so if they change it as they have in Beta it still needs to be a big damage spell or they are nerfing us. I have spent time doing the math and studying ACT parses for years on my summoner. I see no increase in this new Beta version of the spell than the amount of dps a summoner can get right now currently out of our live version. The only thing I see that will be lost is the rest of the group can no longer get the damage from our Tox proc. But the summoner parse will not change much at all (there is no increase) you haven't studied enough summoner ACT parses to even know what your talking about or how much damage the current live version has always done to compare it to the Beta version. If your gonna post please know what your talking about before you open your keyboard.

Do you really all think the Devs and designers of the game don't know how much the current live version of elemental Tox does in damage and can't balance this into the new Beta version, and you know more? I think too many of you just have no clue how much damage it does because when you look at the low number of 5k per hit of heat and disease, your not understanding that it hits 50 to 75 times on each mob your attacking so that's 5k heat plus 5k disease times all the multiple hits then times all the mobs in the fight. The only reason elemental tox never shows up high on our ACT parse list is because of the long recast timer but when it is up it does tons of damage. It is supposed to do tons of damage its our endline and one of our our class defining spells.
  11. Neiloch Well-Known Member

Personally I am more disturbed that players think a 12 target blue AE that has more damage potential than most, if not all, single target abilities is perfectly acceptable. Of course it should do a lot of damage, just not be literally the best damage ability in the game by a far margin.

I'm not worried though since just a cursory glance shows how absurd the damage output would be (better than everything) and Caith already confirmed it needs a lot of tuning still.
  12. Mrmacky Active Member

^ A guy who cares a lot about not caring
  13. Skulls Member

Neiloch you make no sense, your claim holds no water, first this is not the best damage ability in the game. You must not have any idea of whats on other classes hotbars. Again this is a long 1 minute recast timer spell not sure how your so clueless and can't understand the mechanics of this. And yes the live version of elemental Tox spell we currently have hits all mobs even if theres 20 mobs in the pull. Between encounter and aoe spells the summoner casts, elemental tox with be hitting most if not all 20 mobs in the fight for many multiple hits of the proc damage. So now its only gonna hit 12, even if the pull is 20 mobs, this is no increase to what we have now. Have you ever played the summoner class? Have you ever studying the ACT damage parse for Elemental Toxicity, I already know the answer you have shown you don't understand the current spell we have now in live or this new Beta version.
  14. Siphoningx New Member

Is this considered the best because scout auto attack or poisons are not an ability?

I can only think of 1 fight where it would ever reach a 12 target max potential atm and that would be Barin/Morin. With the ae dps on that fight, I am 100% sure that Revelations does not ever had more than a set of adds up at once.

This ability by far will not be the best. It does not instant cast or have any boosts and its recast is relatively long. All the guys that are whining are whining for no reason. The most I was able to get the ability to do in one cast on beta was 35m. Divide that over 75seconds and you will see how much it will do per cast as far as dps is concerned. You guys are making this out to be something it is not. In this case, I heavily agree with Darkon. Let the ability go live first as it currently is with the new enhancements then call for a nerf.

Lets be real here. Isn't that how summoners have been nerfed every time? People crying after we get a big chance or compete? This ability will not override any single target ability except the possibility of being a filler. Summoners need a boost in AE dps. People are making this seem as if it is going to carry us to victory on single target too. I am sure the devs can check the numbers themselves as they have the potential to do and see that there is nothing wrong with this ability in its current state. The fact that summoners are being bashed constantly, make most of them want to quit this game even the high end ones. I do not understand where making one ability useful is going to tear cyberspace in half.
    Yoube likes this.
  15. quisling Well-Known Member

HUH. I sorta thought in raids we WANTED our raiders to hurt the mobs more...
  16. Siphoningx New Member

FYI, for all those that liked this. This never said it was going to be nerfed, but the ability was un-tuned. If this gets changed, then I, as a summoner, want to have Focused Casting and it pet share or would that be op too?
  17. Siphoningx New Member

You forgot to include that Fusion is usually only used for Fiery Blast. Does that mean we should also include its 24% chance to reset on E'ci cast and the damage modification it receives for Fiery Blast?
  18. Siphoningx New Member

You do realize that this is not going to pull out more damage than you can think? This is coming from a person who has constantly tested the new ability etc. I would applaud you if you actually tested on dummies with your ranger and see that your poisons would do move overall. Make a fight last 75seconds where there is 1 ET cast and it comes off reuse and then compare it to the poisons dps over a 75second fight. You will be surprised what you see. If you need a hint, you will not see the ET ability winning.
  19. RadarX Community Manager

We're going to go ahead and close this up as it's turned into arguing more than discussion. Please be sure you've familiarized yourself with our forum guidelines.
    Beee likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.