Easter Egg sort of - Reversed/Jumbled Name List

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, and New Player Questions' started by ARCHIVED-syous01, Feb 21, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Deathblade13 Guest

I noticed this one the other day. There's a Fae provisioner in GFay named Altan Brownwing, suspiciously similar to food network star Alton Brown.

[IMG]
  2. ARCHIVED-nitrous Guest

OK, here is one. It was not in EQ (at least not taht I know of) but was in DAoC (Dark Age of Camelot). There was a weapon created that was very powerful for its time called Tab'fren. Which is "Nerf Bat". Some Dev had some time on their hands it would appear.
  3. ARCHIVED-analoghuman Guest

In MMC in the basement area, there's a quest giver in a hidden passage named Simone Chelmonte, who's reward is a whip. Definitely a play off Simon Belmont, the main character of the Castlevania games (who incidentally wields a whip).
  4. ARCHIVED-Triyton Guest

[p]The name of the zone KALADIM backwards struck me as odd for a while. If you reverse the whole sound of it and not just the letters you get Middle-Ak. Kaladim is a home of Dwarves now overrun by Goblins and such, much like Tolkein's Middle Earth. And klAKannon is a home of Gnomes now overrun by Clockworks.[/p][p] [/p]
  5. ARCHIVED-DrkVsr Guest

[size="small; color: #993300"][face="comic sans ms,sand"]Except Kaladim has the same name it had in EQLive[/face][/size]
  6. ARCHIVED-SkekTek Guest

Maybe this one was too obvious to really be considered an easter egg, but since they revamped Deathfist Citadel, you can now get a quest called "The Right Brothers" from Oarwille Wight (Orville Wright) in Zek that requires you to find his brother Wulbir Wight (Wilbur Wright) in the citadel. The reward for this quest is the ability to use Oarwille's catapult, the Whirling-Arm Prototype 16 to fly from the Mariner fort to a spot directly in front of DFC, which is quite convenient. Also, the quest "Snakes on the Plains" in Loping Plains had me laughing so hard I almost fell out of my seat when I received it.
  7. ARCHIVED-carpe_caminus Guest

spestocks wrote:
    There is also a froglok that says the phrase "Wherefore art thou" though it may have been spelled "Where for art thou" I can't remember specifically. Anyway one thing that kinda annoys me about this quote from Shakespeare is that it is used incorrectly. The way it is used it means "where are you" when the actual phrase that Juliet said meant "why are you". She was saying "Why must you be a Montague and I a Capulet".

And on the note of Mangler, in EQ1 there was a dog in Rivervale named Mangler that would attack pretty much anyone. (can't remember if there was a way of avoiding it other than invis) The way I took the dog named Mangler XIII is that it was the descendant of the original Mangler from EQ1. Then again, I suppose it could be both.

Deathblade13 wrote:
    I noticed that one back in beta. It made me laugh especially since I'm a fan of Good Eats.

Triyton wrote:

Well it could still be a reference to Middle Earth. Middle Earth is still where the dwarves dwelt. It could have been a reference to Middle Earth in EQ1 and carried over to EQ2. Then again it may be a bit of a stretch.

And to add to the list of in game references I'm surprised nobody has mentioned this one: At the end of the quest "The Hand of Glory" you have to slay a named creature that rises from the sea named Fhoorl-Kurrat. He carries the title of "Father of the Deep Spawn". He along with all of the "Deep Spawn" in the area are an obvious reference to H.P. Lovecraft's "The Deep Ones".

[IMG]
    There are also pleanty of Lovecraft references throughout the EQ games if you look for them, and come to think of it, just about every fantasy game out there has referenced Lovecraft or referenced something that itself was referencing Lovecraft.

One good example is the Illsalin/Amygdalan monsters from EQ1 and EQ2 respectively. They are made from a Lovecraftian image. Namely they appear much as Cthulhu was described to look.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    The last one is an artist's depiction of Cthulhu.
  8. ARCHIVED-Hammerofgod Guest

I got one Qeynos = Sony EQ
  9. ARCHIVED-Dzpecyzczn Guest

Someone commented earlier that Bristlebane was better, because there was no anagram.
    I give you: Bristlebane = Steal n Bribe
  10. ARCHIVED-Dzpecyzczn Guest

carpe_caminus wrote:
    Not to mention, Cazic Thule = C'Thule, God of Fear. Erudites who worship Prexus, a sea god, in EQ1 are given some strange quests that hint at dark forces at work. Erudites who become Heretics worship that very 'dark force'.
  11. ARCHIVED-Paladin776 Guest

Nahisa@Unrest wrote:
    Speaking of which, the next time you're in the Loping Plains, pay attention at dawn and dusk for zone emotes when the Loping Plains debuff is applied and removed. :)
  12. ARCHIVED-Doggi Guest

sorry for pushing this topic, but this bothers me for a long time...

Every time I'm in Neriak and hear the music there, it reminds of the theme of the movie "Death becomes her". Especially if you listen to Neriak002 in your music folder, at around 2:00 it sounds exactly like the movie theme.

I mean it's a perfect easter egg for neriak, since ... well death becomes the dark elven city *gg*

for comparison, search on youtube and look if you find some movie trailer or the start of the movie

HA i found a video with the music in it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYxg...feature=related