Easter Egg sort of - Reversed/Jumbled Name List

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, and New Player Questions' started by ARCHIVED-syous01, Feb 21, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Deluxe05 Guest

On the Enchanted Lands docks, there is a goblin named Garby Gingham Gigglegibber. Nothing noteworthy about his name, but he is tagged, <Profit of the Gods>....a little word play between Prophet & Profit. This becomes even more apparent when you talk to him.
  2. ARCHIVED-Arunfrost Guest

I am SO glad someone else noticed this!

Futurama fans unite!
  3. ARCHIVED-Amana Guest

Actually in the Village of Shin there's a spoof on the Orly and Yarly with Who mi and Why mi.
  4. ARCHIVED-darkvane Guest

Old school EQ1...

Temple of Droga... At the zone in, on the right hand wall, if you're in wolf form, you can look "into" the wall and see a cute little wall of kittens... Real pictures of some kittens back in there some... Couldn't find the screen shots I had of it, found it a while back...
  5. ARCHIVED-spestocks Guest

I've noticed recently certain NPCs in the towns like to recite Shakespeare. A froglok passed me the other day asking if I was biting my thumb at him (Romeo & Juliet). There's also a dog named "Mangler XIII" I believe - always wondered if this is from FF7's Red XIII character.
  6. ARCHIVED-kyrrah Guest

Also in villlage of shin there are some horses (can't remember the exact spelling) but it's obvious they're named for Secretariat, Barbaro, and another famous race horse.
    Just thought it was kinda interesting.
  7. ARCHIVED-troythegreat Guest

Trapper Colbert(sp?) in butcherblok gives a quest to kill bears since they are the number one threat to Butcherblok.

The questgiver for a pair of boots on the beach in Butcherblok is trying to catch the pirate Blackguard.

Saw two gnomes named Emery and Oglethorpe which sounds familiar.
  8. ARCHIVED-chOgg Guest

The guards in North Freeport at the zone to West Freeport yesterday were named B'Ryk n B'Rak. I don't remember seeing them before, but I'm not the most observent Iksar in Freeport.

Thoral, 67 Bruiser, Mistmoore
  9. ARCHIVED-DrkVsr Guest

Yes, B'Ryk & B'Rak have been there for some time (since they added the guards at all the gates ah believe)
  10. ARCHIVED-Culgar Guest

During the training sessions with Master Long Shan in The Village, his students all come out, their names:
    Ryu, Dan, Ken, Chun, and Li. (Chun-Li) Characters from Street Fighter
  11. ARCHIVED-Ace235228 Guest

That website that was posted was absolutely amazing.
  12. ARCHIVED-Trepan Guest

The two NPCs in the Mistmoor Catacombs are named Edgar Toad and Alain Toad.

The two pre-pubescent vampire hunters from the comic book shop in the Lost Boys were Edgar and Alan Frog.

The Frog brothers! (Run! Its the attack of Eddie Munster!)
  13. ARCHIVED-Natak Guest

Thought so to. There used to be a bard in .. east karana I think? named Vhalen.........
  14. ARCHIVED-Trepan Guest

No reason they can't be the same the same person.. in fact, I know for a fact they are. :cool:
  15. ARCHIVED-DrkVsr Guest

Eddie Van Halen is one of the Game Designers? :p
  16. ARCHIVED-Docma Guest

One of the mobs required for a Court of Coin quest in Sinking Sands/Croc Caves is 'Bindi the Croc Hunter'. Bindi Irwin is Steve Irwin's daughter.
  17. ARCHIVED-Rmazin Guest

anyone mention the questgiving dwarf in the Xroads in Cl. JP Feterman? It's a play on JP Peterman, from Seinfeld. Also, SWG had a few "Day the earth stood still" references too. There were NPCs named Klatu, Marrada (sp?) and Niktu.
  18. ARCHIVED-Ghostbear Guest

The gnome in Steamfont during the Staff of the Observer quest mentions the M.A.S.S. Device....the main item in the G.I. Joe cartoon mini-series "Menace of the M.A.S.S. Device".

We have Alton Brownwing the Provisioner in Gfay(Alton Brown of Good Eats on Food Network).

Havras "Hack" Scutter in Sombron(Henry "Hank" Scutter from the HBO series Carnivale).

Recently in the Frostfell event in the Winter Wonderland Village Fleck had his tongue stuck to a pole near the closet(Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe obviously) zone in. Of course Fleck could only be Flick from A Christmas Story.
    Message Edited by Ghostbear on 01-18-2007 07:08 PM
  19. ARCHIVED-Kahluacat Guest

Nobody has mentioned Lu Sywaka on the third floor of the monk tower in Isle of Mara yet?...... for shame!
  20. ARCHIVED-Thmy Guest

Here is a Binary easter egg
    on the Love note from the Clockworks
    you will find a Binary to ASCII note

0100 1100 0110 1111 0111 0110 0110 0101 binary
    4c 6f 78 65 hex
    L O V E hex to ascii

Nice easter egg even if I am mixing my holidays :)