Easter Egg sort of - Reversed/Jumbled Name List

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, and New Player Questions' started by ARCHIVED-syous01, Feb 21, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Kindayr Guest

Gah, Didn't see this post :( , I got one in History and Lore on the same topic.

You Forgot Ec'i (Ice); and Rathe (Earth) :)
    Message Edited by Kindayr on 03-18-200608:20 PM
  2. ARCHIVED-SkullandBones Guest

If I'm recalling correctly, there are two NPC Dwarves in EQLive named "Dig" and "Dug," after the old "Dig Dug" video game.

Also, I think there was a prisoner in HighKeep and she would say "Aren't you a little short to be a HighKeep guard?"
  3. ARCHIVED-Maleynt Guest

I also recently saw a post on a LiveJournal EQ forum about two owls in the new expansion name Orly and Yarly... or "Oh really" and "Yeah really" in netspeak. :)
  4. ARCHIVED-Daedalus Raistlin Guest

Haha thats the funniest one to date! My friend is OBSESSED with that owl :D
  5. ARCHIVED-Kindayr Guest

In EQ1's Padual Caverns, there was a Beatle looking mob named Ringo.
  6. ARCHIVED-Icarii_Raven`Lyon Guest

I feel sad, after playing eq1 for like 4 years, I didnt catch a single one of those..cept Qeynos. Makes me sad too, cause I love Veeshan, and I'd have rathered her name was completely original.
  7. ARCHIVED-Kindayr Guest

that's why Bristlebane Fizzlethorpe rocks your socks.
  8. ARCHIVED-Bibe Guest

9. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Uh yeah. this was mentioned in the original topic post. It's the oldest reference in the existance of the game.

Also: That Uqua zone in Gates of Discord. It's not a pun or anagram. That's not suppose to be Aqua or anything. It's just another of that expansion's almost unpronouncable names.
  10. ARCHIVED-Rasplorien Guest

Felwithe (high elf city) = White Elf
  11. ARCHIVED-NerissaRavenHeart Guest

Very interesting forum. I'd like to see some more referenced names and their hidden meanings. This is pretty neat.

Masuimi
  12. ARCHIVED-syous01 Guest

13. ARCHIVED-Kassanthala Guest

taken from a different thread on a different board: (my favorite is the last one)
    Tidbits of humor that the programmers have hidden for their own egos or for our amusement:
    • In Western Wastes, there is a shipwreck near the shore, with lots of shipwrecked pirates on board. And one engineer. Chief Engineer Tocs. (Scot spelled backwards, as in the famous Scottie from Star Trek).
    • As expected, the Plane of Mischief is full of silly names, like a Spectre (reminiscent of death itself) being called "Life". Or how about the giant hand called "My Finger" ("Hey - Monk - pull My Finger!"). Finally, check out these scarecrows in a lovely little upside-down room in the PoM: Mees, Gono, Keel and Uuuz ("Mees gonna kill yous"). Mees thinks the programmers had a blast with the Plane of Mischief!
    • Luclin has had it's share of tributes, too. The following list are all Legionnaires in Sanctus Seru - who just happen to have disturbingly similar names to the Safehouse Moderators:
      Aiddan (moderator is Aidden)
      Faie (Fiae)
      Glap (Glip)
      Gyarg (Gyorg)
      Kazzek (Kezzek)
      Rammi (Remmi)
      Skross (Shadowcross)
      Tibos (Tibis)
      Vaslan (Vaslin)
      Wraeni (Wraene)
      Zota (Zato)
      Fircka (Fricka)
    • In HighKeep, there once was a High-Elven princess being kept captive. She has since been moved to somewhere... else... Her name is Princess Lenya. When she was still a resident, if you hailed her, she said "Aren't you a little short for a High Keep Guard?" Anyway, her name (and her comment) referred to Princess Leia in Star Wars.
    • Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, they say. So, apparently, are bad puns. Two of the Beholders in the Gorge of King Xorbb are named "Syrkl" and "Sviir" - or Circle and Sphere. Also, Xorbb could be interpreted as "Orb."
    • You can really rell that the programmers are big Nintendo fans, just from some of the zone names... Everfrost Peaks is also the name of a level in Super Mario Kart Racing for the SNES, while the Lake of Ill Omen can be found in The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past.
    • The Gods must be crazy - or at least, the people who made them are; their names are FULL of anagrams.
      Tunare (Goddess of Nature) = Nature
      Fennin Ro (from the Plane of Fire) = Infernno (yes, slightly misspelled)
      The Rathe (from the Plane of Earth) = The Earth
      Xegony (from the Plane of Air) = Oxygen
      Veeshan (child of Xegony, ruler of the sky) = Heavens
      Tarew Marr (from the Plane of Water) = Water, Marr is similar to Mare, Latin for "sea".
      Povar (from the Plane of Water) = Vapor
      E'ci (from the Plane of Water) = Ice
      Rodcet Nife (God of Healing) = Docter Fine (again mispelled).
    • In Dagnor's Cauldron, there are four NPC's that hang around a campsite. When the High Elf in the party attacks, he shouts "Fabulous Four, attack!" The Dwarf in the party attacks, he says, "It's bashing time!" This is quite obviously a reference to Marvel Comics' famous Fantastic Four.
    • The phrase to say to Kizdean Gix to get the note for Lrodd is "utalk adarev otcin". This is a misspelling of the quote from the movie, "The Day the Earth Stood Still." The words spelled backwards are "klatu verada nicto", which is close to the actual quote: "Klaatu barada nikto". - *YES*, Ash, did say it in "Army of Darkness." But Sam Raimi, writer/producer/director of the whole "Evil Dead" series, got it from "The Day the Earth Stood Still." BONUS TRIVIA! - Thanks to Pavol of Xegony, I've learned that Klaatu, Barada and Nikto are all skiff guards from "Return of the Jedi", the third of the original Star Wars movies, and sixth in the series.
    • Lady Shae, who hangs out in Hogcaller's Inn in West Freeport, would like to know what [house] you are in. Tell her you're from the House of Style, and she'll respond "I would never have guessed by the way you look!" And if you tell her that you from the International House of Pancakes, she says, "I can tell, it looks like you ate a house of pancakes!" Picture!
  14. ARCHIVED-Kassanthala Guest

15. ARCHIVED-LordAdder Guest

Awesome!! I love these things. :smileyvery-happy:
  16. ARCHIVED-mystic586 Guest

For all you old school EQ1 players.....remember the frog that hung out with Trakanon in Sebilis...

Tolapmuj=jumpalot
  17. ARCHIVED-mellowknees72 Guest

There was a time I was there with a necro friend whose skeleton pet had come out randomly named Jonn. He fought Ringo and we were all cracking up about Jonn and Ringo fighting.
  18. ARCHIVED-mst3k Guest

wow Kassanthala ...that is very very impressive... how did you make the connection with The Day The Earth Stood Still !?

i can only aspire to be as observant as you...
  19. ARCHIVED-Kajinryu Guest

This is a neat thread, is there any compiled list in the forums or on a website somewhere?

At least I may have some support for my Bendeer Toronga in the tradeskill instance idea [bender, (toronga) leela] and might keep my eyes out for the rest of the cast.
  20. ARCHIVED-skiss Guest

There was a game called Lords of Everquest a while back. Pretty much an RTS version of EQ that really kinda sucked. But I remember TONS! of easter eggs in the voice overs. The one that stood out most was the klaatu berata niktu one the iksar necromancers said every so often.