Dungeon Maker Changes Coming Dec. 16

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Windstalker, Dec 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skitterfast Well-Known Member

1. To push more of the population into the world.
    2. To turn the DM into a storytelling tool instead of a PL tool.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  2. Serenaheq2 Active Member

pretty much no good VALID reason at all.
  3. Shmogre Well-Known Member

Twenty-four pages [and counting] about it over here [including the original SOE post about why].
  4. Indalecio New Member

I just bought this less than 1 month ago. What will be done for people who have wasted money on a product that has been released for everyone and completely butchered from the original DM we bought.
    Goreganis likes this.
  5. Filly67 Well-Known Member

I put lots of them in my private bank last night and was still able to purchase more.
  6. Jexi Well-Known Member

I am finding 3 unpublished dungeons are completely missing now after the patch. They had a lot of furniture in them.
  7. Elinea Well-Known Member

I've said this before and had my post removed. But anyway...the thing that didn't quite make sense from a financial standpoint is, they probably did make a small fortune selling experience and vitality potions. People who ran dungeon makers to level toons bought those potions frequently and bought them repeatedly during the same session. Slower leveling means slower sales of those potions. Either way, they're gone now and I somehow doubt any amount of arguing is going to bring them back at this point.
  8. Edelphia Well-Known Member

:mad: I am also missing several unpublished dungeons that had quested items i can not repeat, sc items, and items from old events not available in game anymore. I hope SOE is looking into this as there are several people missing dungeons. At least a dozen I've talked to.

It seems every time something gets messed with that was working, something else gets screwed up. If it aint broke, don't fix it!
    Goreganis likes this.
  9. Quillyne Active Member

I also lost an unpublished dungeon, filled with the bulk of my Frostfell house items. I have yet to receive a response to my petition, but will hope that a fix is still incoming. Sad days.
  10. Saltnpeppa New Member

Feeling ripped off here. DM xp is not an evil thing. After 11 years of playing the same low level dungeons and content on every new toon i start , dm were a welcome relief to skip levels or dungeons i didnt want to play again. Nothing wrong with that since i payed for the option to do so. The dungeon marks where very usefull for the repair kits , containers, and flying mounts. There is enough decorating in game , you dont need to make the dungeons for decorating only. Replace the marks and add more purchases to the game. Like full sets of gear, more appreance gear, cash loot drops and lower xp . Or make the dungeons xp stop after a certain level, say 50. That way your new high level zones would not be impacted. So many ways you could have fixed this. Im so disappointed .
  11. Afista_DG Well-Known Member

I'm sorry that your dungeons are not visible at this time : / If you both haven't done so already, please submit a ticket with Customer Service to have them restored as soon as possible.
  12. HarmonyThurston Member

I have dungeon marks in my inventory still.

I found my dungeons and republished them as they were. I invite the dev team of EQ2 to check them out (Oasis server / Enaris) as they will find that they definitely could not be used in any way for power-leveling. I created them for me and my own personal use at various difficulty levels - yet the heart for why I made them just is totally gone now. There is no longer any reason for me to go into them with any of my characters.

And this was in general chat of the Oasis server when I logged in and this topic was being talked about:

"I always PL in the normal zones lol. have my own pattern to get to 80 in 1 day." and "anyone interested in PL;ing any of their alts pst .. like dungeon or whatever"

(by two different players)

So I ask again - will this move stop powerleveling? N - O !!

And will it make me play in the higher level zones now? Not really. With my main (a level 85 Kerran Paladin) I am going through all the quests zone-by-zone. I think I just finished Sinking Sands - but I am taking a hiatus because of Frostfell (which I try to do every year).

I want to ask - if there were dungeons being created for power-leveling purposes - why didn't those dungeons just get deleted with any items of value returned to the creator of the dungeon? Why this extreme action for something that really only is having a penalty on players like me? Thanks SOE.

Oh - and one more thing - if SOE was really concerned with the exploitation of one of its features why didn't they put in a section for how Dungeon Maker could be used right in the EULA? That way they could at least deal with the players misusing it.
  13. Pipsissiwa Well-Known Member

/Puts on tinfoil hat

I am suspicious.

The unprecedented suddenness of this change, how it was announced, how staggeringly quickly it was implemented and the lack of discussion/compromise with the player-base (OK not that unusual but they have been better recently), not to mention the completeness of the removal of all features of value beyond decorating suggests to me that this is something more than just an anti-PL or 'make-the-players-spend-more-money' ploy. I'm sure those things are part of the thinking, but personally I think something else bigger is going on - perhaps there is/was a major exploit involved that they suddenly noticed that would have been too much work to fix - possibly involving xp or the cash shop - you could buy some things with SC or Marks - maybe someone found a way to turn one into another or something else weird. I don't know, I've never tried to find or ever wanted to know about exploits.

It just seems very odd to me that this change happened totally unexpectedly, out of the blue, and with only about a week's warning. If it was about the PL and wanting to sell more potions, Heroic toons etc, they would usually have given more warning, made it's removal more staggered etc etc. Why get rid of earning and spending Marks etc - why not just nuke the XP given. And why now, after pretty much everyone who would be likely to use DM to PL to 100 already has done it.

IMHO they wanted DM gone/nerfed ASAP for some urgent internal reason that we may never know.

/Removes Tin Foil hat, it squishes my ears too much.
  14. HarmonyThurston Member

But that is just the thing isn't it when it comes to decorating them. People weren't just using them for decorating, they were using them for storage. Is that their intended use? No. It was supposed to be for players to show their creative side in creating a quest space to play with different avatars from what we can create, to earn experience, to earn cool rewards through going through them - both for the creator and the ones playing their dungeon. I am so put out with this change that I wouldn't put it past them to nerf the storage factor of them next. *rolls eyes*
  15. Ranla Member

I too am missing 4 dungeons that were never published. I have submitted a ticket with Customer Service and am still eagerly awaiting a response. While I understand that storage wasn't the intended purpose of the dungeons we need more warning before dungeons just go poof! After reading the announcement about the DM changes it was my understanding that my dungeons, that have never been published, would remain unchanged. I surely hope this was an unforeseen "oopsie" and can be fixed.
  16. Goreganis Member

I myself am missing a dungeon, and it just so happens to be a "hall of fame" winner. This whole deal has had me spun up since day one. I'm not sure how it is on other servers, but as far as DM being such an issue then why were the top dungeon on "hall of fame", and "DEV's picks" on Freeport all PL dungeons???
  17. Afista_DG Well-Known Member

Everyone that is missing a dungeon, do you remember what Layout if was for? (Ie. Chardok, Crushbone, Mistmoore, etc..)
    Please let me know your Character Name (that owns the dungeon), your Server, and Layout (if known).
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  18. Ranla Member

Character: Ranla
    Server: Guk

I believe they were all Mistmoore 2 layouts but I didn't keep a list of all of my dungeons and what layouts they were.
    Hindsight... :(
    Afista_SOE likes this.
  19. Quillyne Active Member

Character Name: Quillyne
    Server: Guk
    Layout: It was a Mistmoore layout, but I can't remember which number. :(
    edit: As an aside, I have 3 other unpublished dungeons, all Lair of Scale layouts, that are still accessible. Only the one went poof.
    Afista_SOE likes this.
  20. Aabari Active Member

Character Name Xule
    Server Butcherblock
    Layout Mistmoore 5
    I had 20 of them unpublished for storage of my many items and all of them are gone now I do have a copy of each layout for Jesdyrs Layout Editor so at least I have a manifest of what is lost
    Afista_SOE likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.