Disappointed

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Gaealiege, Dec 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Wow, people are still posting in the Gaealiege humble-brag thread?

Congratulations on winning EQ2. I hope you will play again next year when the new expansion comes out. The rest of us "casuals" will continue advancing at our own pace, and generally enjoying ourselves without worrying about others' playstyles.

In all seriousness, what did you really expect? At least the heroics in AoM weren't all on trivial farm mode from day-1, like in ToV (barring Dominion, which took slightly longer).
    Goreganis likes this.
  2. Grainer Active Member

I raid in a top tier guild and have completed all of the instances with guild groups and to say that most of these zones are for casuals is complete and utter nonsense, even the devs aren't buying it. Gae... if you are so hardcore, why in the world would you be playing a softcore game like EQ2, wouldn't EVE or EQ1 be more up your ally?
  3. Kraeref Well-Known Member

or go and one group AoM raid zones if other zones he thinks are too easy.
  4. Malleria Well-Known Member

3 priests and intense healing. Obviously this game is way too casual. Zones should require 4 priests!
    Tylia likes this.
  5. Prrasha Well-Known Member

At least he's found a way to insert difficulty into the "casual" game. Maybe let the illy tank next time.
  6. Pauly Well-Known Member

balance all content around Gae's group. We'd have more devs than players.
  7. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

I think Gaealiege is entitled to express his views on AOM as are we all. Just because his opinion may not be shared by everyone, that doesn't make him entirely wrong either. I am a casual player myself and I am presently putting my alts through the signature line, so I haven't attempted the advanced solo or heroic content yet, but I am looking forward to it. I realize more advanced players might find some of the heroic content tedious for one reason or another, but that doesn't mean I am going to hold a grudge against them. I think this game offers something for all play styles, AOM included.
    Gaealiege and Shmogre like this.
  8. Gaealiege Active Member

Yes, my well-equipped group of people that gained all the gear via running the zones. Your ridiculous and disingenuous argument seems to suggest we acquired all of this gear somewhere else and then proceeded to mow through AoM zones.

That didn't happen.

We had on ToV heroic gear and proceeded to clear 100% of the T1 and T2 zones with it on. We farmed up blue gear and green gear simultaneously and arrived where we are now. The only reason we're clearing T2 zones with a group of five and a beastlord tank was because of the nerfs. We've now cleared Sanguine Fountains with five and a beastlord tank. This clearly shows that the zones were balanced properly before, but are trivial now. Prior to all changes and all gear acquisition our beastlord tanked both Zavith'loa zones. Those two zones were trivial on day one and are pathetically trivial now.

I enjoy the part where you say we have a tank-heal-heal setup but I've clearly stated that we're using a beastlord to tank. We're also using 5 players instead of 6. It's pretty convenient to ignore the points that invalidate yours, isn't it?

Let's hope that the devs aren't influenced by your crowd either, Prrasha. Some of us enjoying doing more than smashing buttons on a keyboard and throwing a fit when that doesn't drop a mob.
  9. Gaealiege Active Member

I did plenty of PuGing years ago. I haven't done a pickup since TSO nor would I. The average player is flatly incompetent and I will not suffer that situation again.
  10. Gaealiege Active Member

My group and I are retired hardcore EQ1 players. I'm not interested in that kind of time investment anymore. We usually play 1-3 hours a night 5-6 times a week. Anything outside of that is more than I'm willing to put into a game, temporally speaking.
  11. Kraeref Well-Known Member

For your information neither t3 zone was nerfed. So what are you complaining about it? I don't see any sense in your thread. Keep doing what you doing and mind your own challenge. Others will mind their own.
  12. Nolus Well-Known Member

I did too, look at the bigger picture though. Even with the worst PUG groups considered. The game needs to be able to retain people and gain more. I've made a majority of past friends by grouping together. Not everyone's situation involves playing with a static group of people and for the good of the game it's beneficial to make new friends to group with. I've led lots of PUGs, I avoided leading pick up raids.

This attitude of the average player being incompetent, does not make someone desire to even try. Without someone having the chance, and not being treated badly because their DPS is not up to par for a utility class, tank class etc. They are going to bore themselves pretty quickly with the content they are able to do. A majority of the game is solo content anymore, of course you are going to have people in pugs that are not as good playing in a group and not geared as well as you.

I would hope more money from people = more development time to accommodate the different play styles. we should all be welcoming of new players and be willing to give them a chance. As it stands now with people holding back from joining PUGs because they are not uber enough, to those who lead PUGs not wanting to go through agony of training PUGs for these raid like zones, I fear it's not the best situation.

There are different ways to accommodate, but please take a moment. Think if this was your first group experience in the game or coming back, how would it be for you? Would you like people to assume that you are new and learning and maybe even end up really good at what they do? Or would you like people to assume you are not worth their time and are horrible at your class? Are you going to meet people that you like to group with? Or are you going to end up soloing and moving on after the fun is over.

I have more fun playing with others myself new and old alike.
    HaphazardAllure likes this.
  13. Noneyah New Member

I totally agree with what you said. I think what people dont realize is that most players are lacking gear and knowledge of the zones due to low populated servers. If Soe was to merge the servers then there would be more people grouping and guilds would have a full raid force that it wouldnt be much of a challenge at all when people can sit there and auction raid peices or higher end heroic gear or the simple fact of being able to raid and get through the raid zone or finding a group so can earn the ferrrin without failing the zone. Some people do tend to slack off or leave the game and then come back later only having to start over but its a challenge when the servers are just full of crafters, decorators, etc... although i personally do craft and participate in events I still make time to improve my character and my characters gear. However, it a challenge when theres just not enough people grouping or joing raid guilds so it makes it hard to progress. I really wish they would merge the servers.
  14. Noneyah New Member

lol Pauly enough said. I understand both sides but people dont have to be mean to others just because theyre not fast enough, skilled enough or geared up enough. Some people just want all the glory and want to run fast zones. They dont want to be in there for hours and I dont blame them. However, it isnt always the persons fault if theyre not good enough for the group its the lack gaming and grouping that puts people on the low totem pole. If they cant group as often how are they learn the zone and get the gear etc.. and if they are new to the game well best option is for them to join a guild and learn how to play and just let people know that your new and most people respect that and the ones that dont well you dont have to group with them either. Also, people are always in a hurry they might have to do the previous expansion or wear questline gear if they are new or returned player. It takes time to be able to do the harder zones and well if you didnt put no effort into grouping or doing the timeline or whatever it is that would improve your gear well people shouldnt complain if they dont get chosen for a group but at the same time it dosent mean that people have to be degrading and mean when all they need do is just say hey your not equiped for this zone you need this but say it in a nice way and maybe help them out. tell them what they can do to be better. It dosent have be a world of warcraft mind frame. This is Everquest II its supposed filled helpful nice, mature family oriented people because this game isnt an xbox game. Its almost like having a job in a way. It takes work and effort to be to improve just like everything else in life. lol

I remember when i wouldnt get invited into Dom on my warlock. It sucked. I thought these clicks were rude and not very tactful and they even looked me up on eq2 to see what my AAs are before they would invite me lol. I mean I thought that was just rediculious because not every warlock has a set rules and uses the same AA makeup. Its all according to how you know and play your toon. Yet they judged people based on AAs NOTon how many but on where you put your points etc.. It wasnt untill i made an illy that i was able to get into dom. Part of the problem was not that I sucked it was that there was just too many better equiped and higher parsers( competition) on the server at the time. So i switched to playing my Illy. Sometimes you just to go with flow you know. lol If they did a server merge it would be more balanced between the players that just play for fun and the ones that are hardcore on groupage. Pretty much just need more people on these low populated servers.
  15. Vainamoinen Well-Known Member

So, hardcore raider types get their jimmies all rustled when someone suggests people should spend a couple days leveling to cap (because all they wanna do is raid), only to turn around and whine when the heroic content was so easy they breezed right through it so they could get to raiding.

Anyone running around in the top-notch ToV gear with raiding groups should have been able to easily clear a fair amount of the instances. It comes as part of the overall reward and has functioned like that as long as I can remember. So, I'm not too sure what the complaint is, exactly.

People leveled to cap in hours, they took advantage of a few of the exploits that hadn't been discovered, they ran thru heroic instances right away, they got the gear as quickly as possible. It is the speed with which people seek out certain rewards that dictates how quickly the rest of the expansion goes for them. If you want to go balls-to-the-wall right out of the gates so that you've trivialized content in 45 days or so, then that is your choice. If you succeed, relish in your glory and then find that there is nothing very challenging for you to do anymore, that's your own fault. Nerfs or otherwise.
    Moonpanther, Mermut and Prrasha like this.
  16. Gaealiege Active Member

No one in my group is wearing hardcore raid gear. No one in my group used DMs to exploit levels. No one breezed through anything to raid, as we don't raid.

We didn't breeze through in ToV gear. We completed most of the content, but it wasn't a breeze past tier 1. It was a challenge. The changes have turned it into a breeze because casuals whined that they had to actually know mechanics, abilities, read detriments, etc.

Your third paragraph is just a series of illogical conjecture and red herrings. I find it difficult to even address the last two sentences as they make little to no sense. "It's your own fault if you're good at the game!" Oh ho! You got me!
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  17. Malchore Active Member

You're breezing through the heroic content now because you learned the content. You figured out the scripts. You also figured out which scripts can be ignored (and just healed thru...), which mob spells require an interrupt, and which can be ignored. Which boss fights require killing the adds, and which encounters the adds can be ignored. That's all. There are a lot of us that have done the same. What, you want a special recognition for being average?
  18. Ynnek Well-Known Member

I think you've just supported his point. Which is, he learned the content, ran it, geared up from it, and now clears it, just as anyone else can.

He's arguing against the legion of people who are claiming all the content is too hard, nobody can learn it, and he only succeeded because he's naturally the epitome of uberness.
    Mizgamer62 and Gaealiege like this.
  19. Gaealiege Active Member

You must have skipped the parts where I explained that our beastlord is tanking content. I can assure you that knowing a script didn't make a zone go from challenging with a plate-wearing fighter to trivial with a chain-wearing scout.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  20. Prrasha Well-Known Member

Per your earlier comment, it's the three healers and intense healing that did that. ;)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.