Did You Know? Arena Champions

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, and New Player Questions' started by ARCHIVED-Blackguard, Feb 9, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-trovan2 Guest

Im sure they do that on purpose Red, so the confusion of text flying in all directions during an intense raid is limited.
  2. ARCHIVED-Red_Rock_Candy Guest

Yea... thats what I just got through saying.
  3. ARCHIVED-fornarina Guest

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ruri presents:
    ..::CLASH OF THE GUILDS::..
    GRAND FINAL

*** Defiance vs. Antonias Dragoons 1 Saturday, february 18th, starting *exactly* at: 11:59pm GMT (6pm CST, 7pm EST, 4pm PST)
    Server: Lucan D'Lere --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The teams must be there 15 minutes before the event for a warm up and for make sure the match can start just in time. Remember it will last 10 minutes, so it will be real fast!
    In case of a tie after 10 minutes an immediate rematch is needed!

in front of the arena a small betting booth will be available and bets will be taken for a short while.
    The odds for the match are these:

-----------------------------------------------
    Results Category:- Defiance: 3:2
    - Antonias Dragoons 1: 3:2
    - A tie: 5:1 (It doesn't matter the rematch)

Points Category:- Defiance wins by 10 or more: 3:1
    - Antonias Dragoons 1 wins by 10 or more: 3:1
    MAX BET: 10g
    Every character can place *only* one bet for category.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------

Observers will be allowed to fill the stands and watch the match live just up to the maximum seats capability of the arena. Free tickets to watch the match are handed on a first come first serve basis.EVERYONE IS INVITED TO WATCH THE MATCH AND TAKE PART IN THIS SMALL and QUICK ROLEPLAYING EVENT./emote and /say are greatly encouraged while /tells and /grouptalks will be ignored unless specifically needed for fighting event purposes.

Saturday, february 18th
    , 11:59pm GMT (6pm CST, 7pm EST, 4pm PST)

If you can, please pay us a visit and share the excitement of the first event of its kind on the whole game!.
    And if you don't have a character on Lucan D'Lere just create one for the occasion and come support us!!
    This is the most UNIQUE event ever happened on EQ2!! Don't miss it!!

Ruri Ruri

P.S: Moorgard, Blackguard, devs.. you don't have to actually show yourself. Pick your fake character and come watch it.You have to witness it to believe, and undertsand the true potential of this game. :)

..::CLASH OF THE GUILDS::..
    The matches! Registration! THE BETS!!
    Message Edited by fornarina on 02-18-200603:34 AM
  4. ARCHIVED-trovan2 Guest

Blast! Why can't we have this kind of thing on Oasis?! *sigh* .... i guess ill have to dream ....
  5. ARCHIVED-fornarina Guest

It has been hard, long, tiresome, exciting, messy, loud.
    It has been lots of things but let me say that it has been GREAT FUN!

First edition of ..::CLASH OF THE GUILDS::.. just ended with a true Grand Final between Antonias Dragoons and Defiance.
    No surprises here, as these 2 teams were predicted as finalists since the beginning, but the real match has been so exciting that for a few moment I thought my computer was about to crash. Seriously [IMG]Heart pumping.

Everyone knows how much these 2 guilds don't like each other and everyone knows how strong they are.
    Both AD1 and DEF destroyed their opponents in the semifinals and landed on the Grand Final with their share of fans.

Betting went so great that when I had to call the bets off, lots of attendees were still trying to place their bets. Sorry all. Next time come a bit sooner.
    (On a side note, Defiance was foresee as winner by both bookmakers, but not only they lose, but AD got the edge on bets too! )

Beside the rivalry, Mordicus and Vaoz brought to the arena 2 great team, which I dare to say respected each other and fought honourably for those long, bloody 10 minutes.

On to the match:
    Spectators came, as usually, and the arena entrance was filled as usual:
    [IMG]

2 minutes and we are in:Here's the stands... we reached 27 spectators at the match start. Awesome!

[IMG]

[IMG]

The teams. Vaoz won the coin toss and chose the side. RED for Defiance, BLUE for the 'Goons.

[IMG]

A very weird warmup occured, were both teams played true to their name and fame.Mordicus went afk totally uninterested in the practice, while Defiance simply refused to enter the arena for what they thought was completely unnecessary.The rest of Antonias team left the spawn zone and go out hunting for Defiance pixels and noticing the Reds were still in the spawn, they sieged it. 5 minutes of gestures and taunting followed between the 2 teams. Defiance lazily waiting for the practice timer to run out behind the invisible wall of the spawn zone, and the Dragoons just outside it luring Defiance outside to exchange some practice pummeling.Great fun, great atmosphere. Pity for those who missed it [IMG]After the practice time run out and the stands got filled, it's time for the lst step. The Quest for the title!Each team had to face an Epicx4 opponent!Basically it was a match against four full fabled Nameds opponents. Definitely ^^^. Hence, Epic x 4[IMG]Fight on!Both teams are aware of the risk of being pinned down in their own defensive zone. So, with great coordination, they left their zones and planned to fight in the center.But after 1 minute, still zero to zero. Sign of great respect for the opponent.

[IMG]

Then the first bloody pixels are shed.
    Defiance scores, Sotherial frags Karel and Def takes the lead after exactly 60 seconds (look at the timer, upper right corner)!

[IMG]

But the Dragoons fight back immediately. 8 seconds later Vaoz is killed by Arryn and it's 1 to 1!
    What a match!!

[IMG]

It takes another 20 seconds for the Dragoons to take the lead (and they won't drop it until the end).
    Arryn, Grand Final MVP, slaughters Sotherial and it's 2 to 1 for the Blue Guys...

[IMG]

And since then, it goes on like this.
    The Dragoons focused their attacks on Vaoz, apparently the easiest kill, that was key member of the semis against AD2.
    Vaoz will end with the worst personal score for both teams, proving that AD1 tactics was a winning one (or Def defense was less effective than usual).

5 to 1 for Antonias Dragoons

[IMG]

Half match. 5 minutes passed and 5 to go. Not much changed. Looks like AD got the match in their grasp as the advantage got bigger, and the fights now focuses in Defiance defensive zone.
    9 to 3 for Antonias Dragoons...

[IMG]

25% of the match left on the timer and the match is basically over.
    Defiance defensive zone is camped, the reds can't regroup and buff so the Dragoons pick them up one by one.
    18 to 4 on the scoreboard says it's almost over...
    [IMG]

This is definitely a meaningful image, as Karel was able to score 10 frags and only 2 death.. being AFK!
    What a dark elf. (girlie fans cheering!!)

[IMG]

1 minues left on the timer and fights continues now without surprises.
    It 26 to 6 for Antonias Dragoons and the Championship is just 60 seconds away...

[IMG]

Andd THAT'S IT!!
    FINAL SCORE: AD 30 to DEF 8

[IMG]

Karel and Arryn shared the same score but Arryn is MVP for being the first scorer (and Karel the first to die).
    An impressive Mordicus was simply unstoppable. ZERO Deaths for him. He didn't even needed a rebuff as no one was able to kill him for the whole 10 minutes.

Best for Defiance is Sotherial with 3 kills.

[IMG]

First edition of ..::CLASH OF THE GUILDS:.. ends here!Antonias Dragoons is the First Ruling Guild of Lucan D'Lere server and for the next 6 months no one can say anything about that!Here's the celebrations just outside of the arena

[IMG]

Antonias Dragoons also cashed the 4 platinum prize for being the winners and lots of AD members won money by betting on their Guild.

It has been a fatiguing run but it's over.
    The crowd cheered the teams, the Captains and the fghters exchanged signs of respect and with some fireworks we officially declared the first edition of the Clash closed, and ANTONIAS DRAGOONS the Ruling Guild of LDL until second edition in September 2006!

Now, on with the credits:

As you all know this thing has been imagined, envisioned, organized and hosted completely by me, Ruri, on my own resources only.
    I decided that I wanted something different for our server and that it would have been so nice to bring a little spice, in-game spice, to all those meaningless forum bashing between guilds. Lots just ignored me. Lots thought and said to me that it was a bad idea, as it would have just fostered more flames and more hate, but I seriously think the opposite.

AD and DEF didn't like each other before this, but they were forced to find an historic agreement point about the date and time to settle the final. They both agreed to confront each other and they did it in a fair way. Some of them exchanged nice words after the match and basically what it counts is that we (and them) all have great fun together. I could be wrong but I think they will both be a litlle less hostile in the future, just focusing on the certain rematch in the next edition. Now you can hate forum flames (we all do) or unnecessary hating, but what happened in game with the Clash has been the total opposite.

And that's the biggest achievement I reached with the Clash so far.

I am proud of myself cause I have been able to gather people from different guilds and different mindset and have them play on a common ground.
    And yes, it was Roleplaying. It was TOTALLY roleplaying.
    I asked for private /tells to be banned from the arena meeting before the matches and all the attendees and Teams respected that rule. It was a /say feast, with occasional /shouting and lots of /emotes.
    It was real, flowing roleplaying wit all the bets, the taunting, the cheering, the emotes, the flirting.
    Once again, I can only say it has been great, EVERYONE has been great and too bad for those who missed it.
    I hope one day I'll understand why so many decided to ignore this.
    I am serious. I hope you will be able in the future to be a bit less snobish and a bit more interested to the life of this "said" Roleplpaying server.

That brings me to topic number two:
    I know all those public channel /shouts were annoying. I often thanked everyone for their patience or apologised for being so loud.
    Someone said to me that I was an hypocrite for apologising but STILL shouting those ads. Especially in the /50-59 chanel.
    Well, I think those channels are public so, as someone else said, public channels for public announcements.
    I saw lots of Chuck Norris blahs recently on the channels, not to mention even less interesting (for me) chattering or just people that sit there all day acting like the channels is theirs and spamming everything crosses their mind.
    I think there is no written purpose for those channel so I thought it was fair to use it for some public announcements aimed to EVERYONE on the server. Personally I miss lots of RP events and I would LOVE to see those channels used to advertise some RP event instead of being there only for LFG LFM WTS WTT cobalt ironwood POF RR SC [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn].

I am sorry for being annoying, it's not something I like to be.
    But I realy can't believe that 3 message a day, plus 3 messages in 1 hour onmatch day can change or interfere with someone else fun with EQ2.

Yes, I advertised, but advertised something that was free, something that on the contrary costed me lots of money, and something that I thougth could be of public interest.
    And I was right, as for every "public spam" as someone called it, I received at least a couple of /tells asking for tickets, asking for betting odds and congratulating me for such a neat idea.
    I didn't copied and paste my "ads", I wrote them all by hand trying to have them sound different every time. It was meant to be a service, a nice thing to people who came to LDL to see something different, named roleplay, from other servers. The unnecessary bashing I got on those channel remains, to me, unnecessary. I didn't deserve it and next time you bashers 'n haters try to do something for your server instead of just thinking about yourself and your LFG or WTS.
    So, once again, I am sorry if I ruined EQ2 playing experience for someone with my public channel shouts, and thank you all for your patience. You are now Ruri-free for the next 5 - 6 months. Grats.

Credits:Thank you so much Juggerknott.When the Clash was just some ignored posts on the forum you kept it high, you signed immediately, you offered help and money to have guilds signed up, you gave me tips and you basically kept it alive and saved it when it was 24 hours close to dying out completely ignored. Thanks!!Thank you Luna Argentum, Antonias Dragoons, Order of the Ancients, Defiance, for being pioneers in what will definitely be something worth remember and something worth doing again [IMG]Thank you Owain for being there when everyone let you down. Sorry for the outcome, kudos to you!
    Thank you Abaia. The man that revitalized me and the Clash with his topic about the bets. He gave me new energy and the will to keep it high to the end.
    Without his post betting wouldn't happened and the Clash wouldn't been so amazing!
    Thank you to the players who set their feet on the sand of the arena. You are "hardcore" [IMG]:Xrist, Arryn, Mordicus, Karel, Sotherial, Maniken, Vaoz, Lebru, Abraxius, Holden, Aanvil, Toque, Gabriev, Feargus, Wajdi, Zardim, Oakane, Hugel, Naiya, Tzoxic, Heidegger.You are the bravest of Norrath and the pioneer of Guild Dueling and honourable fighting. Hail!Thank you to all the spectators who crowded the stands of all the matches and made the Clash of the Guilds something really special. Including the team players you are more than 70!! Not too bad for an event that was about to die [IMG]:Drinamor, Danthiel, Juggerknott, Ivor, Snippy, Drainder, Sarcastica, Ashesc, Kossuth, Aezak, Katsuki, Ayah, Unicorn, Zimki, Quendarius, Sesshou, Vivasection, Anoixia, Tobo, Sauros, Pixydust, Silversnow, Borvon, Chrysis, Hallektell, Alinia, Zillaq, Druesius, Nochesa, Crazyeyes, Harkun, Allendra, Taglialegna, Nega, Kashka, Naiya, Askol, Pijotre, Abaia, Dylana, Arydian, Siafore, Thraine, Kaberu, Whistler, Lariara, Cixia, Armus, Pers, Leelee.This would have been nothing without you all and your support!A huge thank you! Hope you had fun [IMG]Finally I want to thank my Guild, Order of the Ancients, for being so nice, so unique and having made EQ2 a great game to me. It wasn't so fun before the Order, and I almost dropped the game in March 2005. Now, I couldn't leave for the world [IMG]THANK YOU!!Last credit to The Court of Truth, keepers of the Arena and sponsor of the whole tournament.And Sumixum the Arena Master. I had some quarreling with him about the arena time schedule as he kept saying that he had to move some matches with this Saracen guy due to Clash matches. Bah Sumixum, you should thank me for the popularity I just gave to your poor arena stuck with meaningless pet fighting [IMG]And next time Sumixum, find a better way to hand out titles. They are so cheap now.

What is not cheap is the CLASH OF THE GUILDS title!!

ANTONIAS DRAGOONS are the first Champions of the arena!! Hail to them and see you all in September 2006!!

Don't miss it!!!

Love, Ruri Ruri
    (Whose english will get beter in the future, I swear..)
  6. ARCHIVED-Sokolov Guest

7. ARCHIVED-SilkenKidden Guest

What do we do with aviak arena combatant pet?

I went to arena in MajDul for the first time today. I found I have a quest to defeat 10 foes. I could only do 5 of them. Am now level 56. Those were MOBs not players.

Is the pet used as combatant only in PvP? If not, how do I get him to help me fight in the arena? Or do I fight him? How?

Thanks.
  8. ARCHIVED-trovan2 Guest

Silkenkidden, The aviak champion is for Champion Arena play only (as far as i know). I used him yesterday.
    My opinion is that he is just a support character and might be good in a large group, otherwise will die relatively easy.
    (of course practice may help learn some better ways to use ...)
  9. ARCHIVED-nadym Guest

Hello,

I am a newcomer to EQ2 from former main competitor wow, where we used to have long long battles. Just some thoughts, case somebody from SOE is interested on hearing somethings that could attract people.

First thing im surprised about is the poor attention SOE is bringing to the players regarding the Arena.

I think shouldnt be so difficult to increase the interest. Just think about the chest in the middle of the gurubashi arena with prizes every three hours. There were guilds trying to take it, solos. I have tried to take it maybe 100 times (some did take it). Anyway, the point is that ALL the times there were at least 5 guys there to take the prize. Yes, during several months, EVERY time i can recall, had people there fighting.
    I know that SOE shouldnt be copying blizzard's way but anyway, is incredible how many things between both games are so very similar. UI, interface, abilities, zones. What about getting SP with the wins or the trophys? What about some fabled weapons or special abilities?

Well this does not try to bring suggestions, there have been lots in previous posts.

The only thing I wanted to say, is that I feel somewhat deceived about SOE not paying attention to players, after reading all the thread. And in that way you will loose MIlLLIONS $$ of customers.

I think it is not just important to have a nice game (I do like it a lot), but also for lots of casuals give the impression that we have chosen the proper "time-sink" game, with a company that fulfills our desires in-time and on-demand. Its a pity to invest so much time on something and getting frustrated frequently with errors and problems that are not being solved on-time.

The first thing I checked before buying this game, was the growing capabilities and SOE's speed developing content. Remember that most customers from WOW are really tired of the level cap when reaching 60. I tried Anarchy Online, Lineage II, DAOC, ... and I thought SOE was going to deliver enough and fast and listening to the player base ... Although EQ2 has really good assets, I think this Arena thing has to be solved properly.

Regards,
  10. ARCHIVED-EQ2Playa432 Guest

Nice guide thank you!
  11. ARCHIVED-Geekyone Guest

Can people still move while sitting on their backsides after being kicked down?
  12. ARCHIVED-Kegerian Guest

Great work Ruri and everyone else involved. I run arena events on Nektulous server, although not this large scale. Just some guildys, alliance, and friends. If SOE would just revisit and finish the Arena, organizing an event like this wouldn't be so frustrating. For anyone interested in the Arena, check out my guide(work in progress) http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board/message?board.id=tips&message.id=7029
  13. ARCHIVED-Darkhem Guest

Is there someplace you can see a running tally of your wins, losses, and kills?
  14. ARCHIVED-Elquinjena Guest

I have 500 wins, I have all titles up to that point, and own the flags, have been able to buy the champions in the past...but not now..

last time I check I could no longer buy any of the win reward items.
    I petitoned till I was blue in the face, had a GM dev come in, had me take screen shots and then mail them in to the Dev...and that was it...no further feedback from the Dev as to what was happening or why. I am SoL I guess.

that was a few months ago..next time I am by the arena I will check again but...
    at this point the whole arena thing is a waste of time...after putting in the time to get those wins, and then not being able to use them again..why bother?

it was a nice idea, the champions were cool pets, but not being able to buy them as I wish after getting the wins is a big disapointment. Ya sure I retain the titles but so what...I can't buy any of the champions again that were unlocked...to play in the arena with.
  15. ARCHIVED-Sethusk Guest

Hi, I was just going to jump on here and express my dissapointment in the lack or arena players. I just got DoF and was really looking forward to this and was really dissapointed with the lack of anyone playing. A guildmate jumped in with me and played one on one for a while. I like the arena. I think it is worth playing in now. Apparently, I am one of very few. Please add something for reward based players to come play. I pay for this part of the game and would like sony's assistance in making this a viable part of the game. I would also request, like many other player on this thread with no reply, to have somewhere to look up kills/wins. Thanks, and I hope this doesn't fall on deaf ears.
  16. ARCHIVED-DrkVsr Guest

Just wondering if it is possible to do the Arena solo, only been in once and had no idea what was going on so ended up completing after the timer expired, but that was playing as mah character, not using a 'champion' (this was before she 'hatched' her aviak)
    And Sethusk, ah believe the new/revamped eq2players allows you to keep track of your Arena stats
  17. ARCHIVED-dive2deep Guest

I have been trying to get something setup on Blackboro for the last few days. If the few people that like the arena get together once or twice a month for an hour of two, maybe things would pickup. So far I have yet to get any response on this. Maybe someday.....
  18. ARCHIVED-Prodigus Guest

As probably mentioned somewhere in a previous post, a game-wide arena (similiar to WoW) would be nice to implement.. C'mon Sony do it!! The Arena needs help its too dead.