Did You Know? Arena Champions

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, and New Player Questions' started by ARCHIVED-Blackguard, Feb 9, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Pitt Hammerfist Guest

you need to put ferocious crowds in the arena throwing rotten tomatoes at the contestants.
  2. ARCHIVED-potatotr0ll Guest

only reason i would step foot in the arena is if it was PvE style. Im not into PvP in any fashion for this game.
  3. ARCHIVED-Howlingmoon Guest

Ditto that.
  4. ARCHIVED-retro_guy Guest

Yeah put some mobs in there to kill and I'll used them, but until then I'll just keep working on my 1000 wins in solo CTF.
  5. ARCHIVED-Thraken Guest

Do these wins and titles only apply if you use the arena champions, or can you get these when you use your character to PvP in the arena?
  6. ARCHIVED-ryuen Guest

Ever notice that huge building right in the middle of Maj'dul? You just found the Arena.

Only did the Arena once with a few guildies but I had fun in there.
    I won't say it's a great addition to the game but it's a nice way to unwind a little, break the grinding/questing rythm and just have some (mindless) fun.
  7. ARCHIVED-Sell77 Guest

That sounds like a lot of work. I'll just set my last name to TheChampion and save some time.
  8. ARCHIVED-Darth G Guest

I would like to use the arena more but it is used rarely on my server Lavastorm.

Is there a way to see how many kills you have? How many wins?

How about a leaderboard to see who has the most kills, wins on your server?

There needs to be incentives besides titles to use the arena. Not everyone is interested in titles. How about Special gear, spells, Housing Items or other rewards so players will use it?
  9. ARCHIVED-irish Guest

There are housing item rewards-8 trophys in all and also the arena pets you unlock.
  10. ARCHIVED-OrcSlayer96 Guest

On the Arena choices themselves, somebody posted Qeynos/Freeport/MajDul. Does that mean each arena keeps track of your kills/wins seperately, so if i had 10 kills in hy hometown arena in qeynos harbor it would show those 10 kills if i went to Majdul for a evening and tried there too? Same for unlocking pets and titles, does the kills wins get shared over all 3 arenas or do i need to stay at one arena? Do the Trophys that are house placable have any status reduction on them, if not that could be a nice incentive for people to use the arena. Same for the unlocked pets do they have any status reduction if placed in the home? Things like this could help sweeten the deal of doing arena battles besides taking your agression out on smarty pants players...:)
    Any info on these questions would be appreciated and have a nice day..:)
  11. ARCHIVED-AbsentmindedMage Guest

The 3 arenas are linked. It is a tabulation of all.
  12. ARCHIVED-Dischordio Guest

Ya know how, when you were a kid, around mothers/fathers day, you'd ask 'Why isn't there a Kids day?' and your parents would say 'because every other day IS kids day'? Same thing: Every zone other than the arena is PvE... why would you want a PvE arena? PvP is kinda the whole point of the thing....
    :rolleyes:
  13. ARCHIVED-Simera Guest

Is there someplace you can see a running tally of your wins, losses, and kills?
  14. ARCHIVED-Blackguard Guest

You do get Trophies for wins/kills, as well as the ability to purchase more Arena Champions. Here's another fun list:

Starting
    Arena Champion: Fear Knight
    Arena Champion: Frozen Magi
    Arena Champion: Tae Ew Hunter
    Arena Champion: Fountain Spirit

25 Wins
    Arena Champion: Gnoll Trapper
    Arena Champion: Tempest

100 Kills
    Arena Champion: Reaper
    Arena Champion: Shimmering Sprite

100 Wins and 1000 Kills
    Arena Champion: Shifter

100 Wins
    Title: The Contender
    Trophy: Arena Champions House Banner

250 Wins
    Title: The Triumphant

500 Wins
    Title: The Victorious

1000 Wins
    Title: The Champion

1000 Kills
    Title: The Assailant

500 Kills
    Title: The Combatant

2500 Kills
    Title: The Vanquisher

5000 Kills
    Title: The Gladiator
  15. ARCHIVED-RedRockCandy! Guest

Don't you dare try to delete my post and silence me, the communuty deserves to know that titles are a waste of time.

EVERYONE looks at this....

[IMG]

Most everyone uses this option because titles get in the way.

You give people too many options, you give people the option to change graphics settings, how they view our titles, you even give them alternate model sets with that SOGA bull crap. I try to inform the community that your titles are a waste of time and you dare delete my post. People, do not waste your time on these titles because people WILL turn them off because 5 part names get in the way. Titles are a waste of time, DO NOT go after them no matter what.
    Message Edited by RedRockCandy! on 02-13-200610:31 PM
  16. ARCHIVED-RedRockCandy! Guest

ARGH! Photo bucket wont let my pictute go through. anyway the picture that I tried to post is of the UI menu, the option is under "Name and Chat Bubble", it has an option to display titles. Everyone has this turned off. DO NOT, waste your time trying to get titles, people WILL NOT see them.

I can't believe someone at SOE tried to delete my post and silence me, EVERYONE PAY ATTENTION to what I say, nobody sees your titles!
  17. ARCHIVED-burgers682 Guest

I, for one, have them turned on and I enjoy titles.

On the other hand, you are clearly not well. Please seek help and until you do, remember:
    It's just a game.
    Everyone does not think exactly the way that you do
    Even if they do think differently, they, and SOE, are NOT out to get you.
    You are not the messenger appointed to alert the masses to your opinions and paranoia.
    It's just a game.
  18. ARCHIVED-RedRockCandy! Guest

I leave titles on too, I enjoiy seeing what hard work people put into the game. But its just a fact that most people turn this stuff off. I earned the "Crier" prefix before the faction nerf, it was about 140 TS writs back in the good days. I also have the "of Diren Hold" suffix, screw you people that dont know what it means.
    I view peoples titles all the time, but I know most people have all this spam turned off, Don't you dare try to appoint me as the "bad guy" in this situation. I don't want people wasting their time on anything that they wont get recognized for.
    Message Edited by RedRockCandy! on 02-13-200611:14 PM
  19. ARCHIVED-RedRockCandy! Guest

Haha you should see what a mod sent me in my PM box. You guys really should heed my warnings. DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT waste your time on titles. Don't even waste your time on your toons appearance, people change them on the fly.
  20. ARCHIVED-pootski Guest

Puberty is really hitting you hard, isn't it?