Did You Know? Arena Champions

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, and New Player Questions' started by ARCHIVED-Blackguard, Feb 9, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Blackguard Guest

Participating in Arena Champions isn't just fun, it's also rewarding! You can earn titles by defeating foes and winning matches in the Arena. Does Blackguard the Triumphant sound like a cool title? We think so, but you'll need to get 500 wins in the Arena to obtain this prestigious level of fame (or infamy, as it were). Read on for the list of titles awarded for participation in Arena Champions combat!

Titles for Wins
    • the Contender - 100 wins
    • the Triumphant - 500 wins
    • the Victorious - 1000 wins
    • the Champion - 2500 wins
    Titles for Kills
    • the Combatant - 500 kills
    • the Assailant - 1000 kills
    • the Vanquisher - 5000 kills
    • the Gladiator - 10000 kills
    Earn these titles and become a feared combatant in the Arenas at Maj'Dul, Freeport, and Qeynos!
  2. ARCHIVED-Kirotaan Guest

Blackguard can you let the devs know i think those are a little high :( Maybe a reward for each arena battle (or VS NPCs) would be good to get people into the arena :)
  3. ARCHIVED-Thundy Guest

At the rate that people actually use the arenas (zero), obtaining 500 kills should only take about 5-6 years!
  4. ARCHIVED-Fennir Guest

It would be interesting to see the arena tied into some other aspects of the game, because as it stands, they're almost always empty on our server (Mistmoore).

A few guilds are organizing a tourney for some point in the future, but after that I assume they'll start collecting dust again. Which is a shame because they are fun and would be moreso if there were more forms of encouragement to use them.

Especially on PVE servers where our significant others may not be the PVP type so we play with them but secretly want to stab everyone in the face. Sort of.
  5. ARCHIVED-Murchik Guest

the feature the you sold and expansion with is hardly being used to the point that dev has to advertise it. the design must be really crappy to have such low interest
  6. ARCHIVED-Dejah Guest

Titles aren't the only thing you can win. You can also get trophies and unlock new pets.

All of these rewards are purchasable from the merchant standing in front of the Arena in Maj'Dul.

Dehah the Assailant
    Club Fu
    Blackburrow
  7. ARCHIVED-irish Guest

Already have the first three Win titles and the first kill title and the trophys to go along with them for the house .Unlocked several arena pets also to purchase.Working on the final win one now and second kill one.The trophys so far are nice they get larger as you get the higher ones in the series ,the trophies also house placeable.
  8. ARCHIVED-Aegorian Guest

Hey Blackguard... how do i get that title under your avatar... "Community Manager". I wanna be one of those! :)
  9. ARCHIVED-Poids Guest

I was so close to the vanquisher title when I switched server and my entire arena record got reset... oh well.
  10. ARCHIVED-AbsentmindedMage Guest

There really is little excuse as to why people do not use the arena. I see people dueling constantly at Sinking sands docks. Do not know why they dont take it into the arena so they can get the titles, house items, and champion rewards. Plus, arena lets them do group vs group duels.
  11. ARCHIVED-Nere Guest

Ohhh this will make the arena's a blast!
    /yawn
  12. ARCHIVED-Dejah Guest

*Cough*

You got a 1000 wins before you got 1000 kills? :smileysurprised:

Play CTF solo much?

Dehah
    Club Fu
  13. ARCHIVED-KerowynnKaotic Guest

... Got to agree with the above posters that the Arenas are very under utilized ..
    Maybe to pour some more "blood" into the Arenas the Mods & Devs should volunteer for a few GM events where people come and try and win against one of you ..
    Schedule a few of your more PVP minded devs/mods into a scheduled appearance on each server once a month or something ..
    Could even do a end of a year tournament where all the big winners from each month could go against each other and then against a Buffed up Dev Team.
    .. Best part is people other than the contestants can watch! :smileyvery-happy:
    Then maybe more people would use them to "fine tune" their Arena skills.
    Extra Special Titles could go to the players that have the most Dev/Mod Kills ..
    • Joe Shoe, Hunter of Devs
    • Moe Shoe, Hunter of Mods
    • Curly Shoe, Slayer of GMs ...
    *snicker*
  14. ARCHIVED-Kirotaan Guest

Yeah Schedule Arcane Armageddon sometime :)
  15. ARCHIVED-TwistedFaith Guest

Did You Know? Arena Champions:

Newsflash, people dont want to play in the arena. I'm not sure if anyone at SoE realises this but people are too busy levelling and questing to 'Frag' players in Everquake.

The day i'll play the arena is when it gives xp and/or gives rewards that I want.

Sorry to sound so negative :(
  16. ARCHIVED-Pitt Hammerfist Guest

Did you know, SK's need stronger taunts ? :)

i should start a did you know thread
  17. ARCHIVED-TunaBoo Guest

No one uses the arena, it needs to be linked worldwide so all the servers can have people in... then it would be used.
  18. ARCHIVED-argsix Guest

..::CLASH OF THE GUILDS::..

The matches!
    Registration!
    THE BETS!!

This is probably the best overlooked event in the game right now. Was an AWESOME Idea, but kinda floped on registration. I do hope we get some notice and maybe next event will be bigger!

As for arena champs:

The arena is broken. It needs 2 things to fix it:
    1) option to turn of health / mana pots
    2) option to buff while in the safety of bases
  19. ARCHIVED-trovan2 Guest

I love the arena!!! so far i have 20 champions! I also have the contender title (the first win title).
    You know what would be cool??? A new title for the people that get 2500 wins AND 10000 kills!

P.S. if anyone wants to set up an arena match on oasis contact swiftstrike.
  20. ARCHIVED-laddich Guest

Ok I may sound n00b, but where is the Arena anyway? Never been there, and honestly if I want to duel why not at the SS docks? Maybe they should put an Arena stadium there instead of somewhere in the slums of Maj'Dul (thats where I think it is). Maj'Dul is low populated at best and noone is gonna come from far away for a battle in the Arena, when you can meet half way and get it over with there.

Also, since I didn't do any research on the forums, how the hell am I to know how this arena works? Do I get some practise rounds, or do I just have to pick a lucky guy who can slaughter me for some time before I figure out how to handle things.

The general feeling I get with the Arena is that people who want to pvp play wow.