Devs Please Read (Problem with Swashbucklers)

Discussion in 'Swashbuckler' started by ARCHIVED-rioisk, Dec 30, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-rioisk Guest

Hello everybody, first I am going to introduce myself. I am Rioisk from the Kithicor server. I am currently a lvl 47 swashbuckler. I am apart of the guild Trinity.

I am typing this at 5:30am, so please understand that I am going to have many typos.

I have been a swashbucklers for 27 levels, rogue for 37, and a scout for 47. I have grouped with every other scout class during my journey to 47. Though I am not yet lvl 50, I can still make judgements about the current state at which swashbucklers stand.

First, I must say I parsed myself recently to see what kind of DPS I put out. Frankly, I am unimpressed when a monk, brigand, ranger, assassin, and not to mention if you add up the DPS bards add to the group they would probabley out DPS me as well. Bard's max hits are greater then mine. I maxed out at 429 on a low AC, low health, gray, super debuffed by defiler and inquisitor mob. That was with app 3 catpaw (last backstab that swashbucklers recieve at lvl 38). Clearly there is a problem with the DPS over swashbucklers.

First, I will compare myself with a brigand. I talked to a lvl 31 brigand (not many brigands on the server I am on that are above 30). She told me she gets double backstab with DoT, AoE, stuns, and a FD attack that can do like 600 damage. She is already doing more max damage then me and I am lvl 47.

Now, before you flame that I suck at the game if I am being outdamaged...mind you I have many adepts and if not app 3. My server population is not large, therefore it is hard to find crafters to do my adept III's.

I have to spam skills to keep up with some other dps classes.

Now, this wouldn't bother me so much if I didn't see a bard out DPS me and out max damage me. Bards aren't supposed to be DPS in themselves. They are supposed to be damage adders to the rest of the group. Wussies who play thier songs and can't take any hits and don't do any damage. They can regen power, add stats, keep aggro, HELL the first lvl 50 on our server was a bard cause he could solo extremely well AND tank in a group cause he could keep aggro with his songs.

Swashbucklers get many aggro abilities that ultimately do nothing.

Reproach does not taunt
    False Blade (I have upgrade but I forgot name) line does not give aggro
    False Bravado (i have upgrade, forgot name) line does not give aggro
    Tricky Display does not give aggro

All of these skills can be spammed repeated without a tank even taunting and not get aggro. I find something extremely wrong with that picture.

That is just one problem I am facing.

I have had many swashbucklers lower level then me asking me does it get better at higher levels. I don't know what to tell them. I have 5 levels ahead of the nearest swashbuckler, and the rest are 5-10 levels below him. I am the highest level swashbuckler on my server. I tell them, I'm not sure, I can't really tell.

Well, I lied, I can tell. Predators can put out more DPS then I, but, that is ok because their utility line sucks. Predators were meant to put out a bit more DPS. However, a bard was not meant to do more damage then me. What is the use of a rogue if a bard nearly does the same dps PLUS give power regen PLUS gives stat increases PLUS increases offense capabilities? There is no use for a rogue, especially a swashbuckler.

Utilities? Swashbucklers get smuggle, sneak, and mezz. Wow, isn't that wonderful? Mezz is niftly, yes, but it lasts 18 seconds at lvl 47. It usually breaks the last 6 seconds, so I have a 12 second mezz. Wow, 12 second mezz in exchange for at least 50% decrease in DPS. That doesn't make sense?!

My AoE are a joke, I can use htem once every 20 seconds and man....one does 120-140 damage....one does 50-70 damage. Brigands can do the same thing....and well....AoE is kind of useless unless I can put out consistent DPS. If the AoE was something like BARRAGE that warriors get...well.....the skill might actually be useful, other then that....its worthless damage wise unless I am fighting 6+ things (which usually isn't the case at my lvl...usually a single ++ or 2 +'s)

Damage is a joke, brigands get DoTs and a double backstab not to mention every serial killer skill in the world. What is sad? A level 32 brigand did more damage with his double backstab + DoT then I did with one silly low-damage catpaw. I don't really understand, are swashbucklers meant to be that much weaker then brigands?

Poisons, wow, are they important or what. Well, 40+ they aren't. I was so excited to get to use new poisons at lvl 40...well....bought stacks of each kind and never use them. EVERY SINGLE MOB RESISTS POISONS 40+. Wow, guess a bunch of damage is taken from rogues and predators. Bards aren't affected tho....cause they are supposed to do normal damage. Rogues and predators need to actually have poisons to match bards DPS....but...yet...poisons don't work. Isn't that wonderfuL?

Overall, the swashbuckler class is pure crap. Only skilled players can actually find a way to make the swashbuckler remotely useful. Otherwise, the swashbuckler class needs seriously help to make it on par with the rest of the scouts.

1) Reduce the reuse time on the flurry-line to 20 seconds instead of 30
    2) Reduce the timer on all backstabs (backstab, unfriendly reminder, catpaw) to 20 seconds instead of 30
    3) Increase the damage output of all skills by at least 20%
    4) Make poisons stick at least half the times on at least 3/4 of mobs. Every single mob resists poisons as of now 40+
    5) Increase the mezz timer from 18 seconds (12 if you count the 6 seconds that never happen) to at the very least 30 seconds and make it last at LEAST 20 seconds if the mob has a higher mental resist.
    6) Make all taunt skills at LEAST 3/4 of what a fighter class can do in case the scout might actually need to get aggro once in a while
    7) Reduce timer on false bravado line of hastes to be able to reuse immediately
    8) Make knockdown mean something instead of just a graphic falling down. As of now, knockdown does not affect mobs at all. If they are able to fall down...their graphic falls...if they had an attack round they do it anyways and instantly stand back up straight.
    9) Make skills do what they say they do...prime example here

lvl 47 Disheartening Guile Swashbuckling 1.0s 0.5s 10.0s 0
    A flanking attack that deals medium damage, reduces enemy armor class, decreases agility and interrupts the target.

lvl 38 Cats Paw Swashbuckling 1.0s 0.5s 30.0s 0
    Requires a position behind the enemy. An attack which deals high damage and decreases the enemy's agility. The swashbuckler's offense skills increase while cat's paw is active

Ok, [expletive ninja'd by Faarbot]? I have never noticed AGI decreases as people miss the excact same amount. Decreased AGI doesn't do anything noticable. Reduces AC? I have so many skills that reduce AC yet I have parsed myself and noticed NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO differences in damage with DECREASED AC.

Oh yea, interrupts the target...wow...gee....I have never seen a target interupted ONCE and that line has supposely interuptted targets since lvl 19 distracting blade. Wow, still not doing what its supposed to.

I find it extremely unfair and unusually cruel towards the swashbuckler as a whole. We get the crap end of all damage of all scouts, and our utilities are worthless. Yet, I still play one because I refuse to start again because SoE made a piece of crap class and made it sound cool by giving it a pirate name. I am fighting for all swashbucklers when I mention these problems. And I hope that you address them to balance the 3 scout classes indefinitely

Thank you, and I hope that you address these problems soon.
  2. ARCHIVED-Dergon Guest

Level 44 swashbuckler, Rohal from lavastorm here.

First off, I am glad somebody finally made a post about high end swarths. Secondly I disagree on some issues you raised.

DPS : our DPS is fine, ok we dont do big hits but if ya want big hits assassin is the class. I have been parsing with a same lvl assasin same gear (both aware of parsing going on) and we do about the same damage. I even do a little bit more but thats perhaps cause i got one adept 3 more in any case no big DPS dif

Mez : I agree on you with that our current mez is just stupid and all it does makes us look like noobs, party has double pull they tell me to mez and what they see is a mob being mezzed 50% of the times, just makes us look like noobs. They should increase the duration that at adept 3 we could at least keep one target mezzed 100% of the time.

Poisons: Yep , I got disappointed like you at lvl 40 , first with the no dmg increase on poisons and then even more with the 90% resists on all 40+ mobs

Bugged skill : At least i hope they are bugged, lots of our spells arent doing what they sell like cat paw is supposed to increase our offense doesnt do anything, same with artfull finesse and plenty of other skills.

Agro skills : I mostly disagree with you on this. I think there are 2 times of agro skills, 1 type are the one where they add agro as a bad thing like our flamboyant strike for example, its a damage ability but with a sideeffect that it might take agro, these arent supposed to grab agro imho. Then there is reproach an ability that only tuants and obviously the aim of this is to get agro. All in all i think this is the least of our worries.

one thing you didnt mention in our post

Our level 50 special ability : Inspired Daring, Grants opportunity to attack every time an enemy damages you within melee range. This is an total unrogue like ability that should be giving to tanks insteed of us. A total dissappointment as our lvl 50 special. Give us some long recast dmg increase/backstab skill or a long timer mez perhaps but not this junk.
  3. ARCHIVED-Andal Guest

Pick a new class. /yawn
  4. ARCHIVED-Buzzlightyear Guest

I am still a new Swashbuckler (lvl 21). One thing I wanted to mention: I don't think our skills are broken, I think how SOE has implemented the stats and how their decrease/increase affects damage is broken. I honestly don't think AC is being used for anything except a pretty number, for the PC or the NPCs.

I am going to have a tank class friend try this out but: take off all armor and fight a certain colored mob. Fight the same type of mob and use the same abilities with armor. After you are done, compare the amount of HP you have left. I have read other threads that state there will be no difference so I want to test myself.

If this is true, it would explain why some of our debuffs don't seem to do anything.
  5. ARCHIVED-Naggybait Guest

I agree with pretty much all that has been said. The only problem is, the Dev team doesn't read these boards. Once they went live, the Dev team disappeared from the forums pretty much, unfortunately.

The best way to get the feedback to them is to use /feedback.

I have already noticed poisons getting resisted more and more. As I level and fight tougher mobs, the poison damage has slowly shrunk. There was a time when my poisons did as much as my most powerful skill. Now, it's doing less than my worst skill.
  6. ARCHIVED-Syrano Guest

While the devs may read this trhead, forum rules stipulate they will not respond to any threads addressed to them. I suggest you submit the above as in game feedback.

Second. Post logs. Post lots of logs. If you want to back up how Swashy dps sucks you're gonna need to compare to all other scouts. You're gonna need to post levels, skill abilities and all gear statistics for everyone you're comparing too. You're gonna need to list what buffs were used, who had what, what the level of the mob was and what debuffs were used.

When you can line all of that up, and compare to multiple other swashbucklers and scouts in general (more than one assasin please). Then, and only then, can we really have a serious debate about our DPS.

The one issue I see above that I've heard before is the resist rate of poisons 40+. Keep in mind this affects assassins as well. Poison at level 34 is nearly %40 of my damag eoutput and my biggest contributer according to my logs. It would stink to lose that as output.

I have no other justified comparison to other scouts to compare damgae. THe troubador and dirge in my guild are siginficantly lower level (3 or 4 levels) and therefor I always outdamage. Though at their level I did more damage. The paladin gets the closest to my dps at about 50 or so dps (mine is about 75).

Anyway. I feel your pain, but you need a more factual argument for it to stick and you need to not address directly to the devs. If we start a new thread as a community and give some serious details and log comparisons, we can get somewhere. Until then even the devs won't really listen because whatever they are using to balance the game with they feel things are fine at the moment.
  7. ARCHIVED-Akurei Senshi Guest

least your mezzes do something, brigs may get some fancy big hits closer to assassins, but their stuns are either entirely broke or the most **** pieces of junk ever added to a skill

poisons are def an issue for everyone who can use them
  8. ARCHIVED-Buzzlightyear Guest

What is everyone using to do comparisons? I have a parser that reads my log but only shows my info. The one that I used for FFXI did everyone's and then would compare, that would be an amazing thing to find.
  9. ARCHIVED-liscio Guest

You have probably turned off other peoples dmg in your chat settings. Turn them on and the see. Or move them to another chat and create a log there
  10. ARCHIVED-Naggybait Guest

When using /log, it doesn't matter what you have turned off. I have everything turned off, except for my hits and the log shows everyone and everything.

I use Statalyzer
  11. ARCHIVED-asteldian Guest

Well DPS of all scouts need to be improved (though if bards are doing as much as well as improving everyone elses, then perhaps not so much for them). As for taunts being useless..well as someone who plays 3 different tank classes i can say yours arent the only ones-seems to me i a better off spamming damage attacks to get aggro than using taunts, particularly my zerker, maybe guardians taunts are better but judging by aggro complaints from them i am guessing not.
  12. ARCHIVED-Evad_EQ Guest

I love how plp under lvl 30 tell us we are full of crap when we post about problems with our class. I agree with everything in the origional post. I have megs full of logs I have parsed. Our DPS issue is common knowlege for anyone over 40. It's an issue I'm sure will get fixed, but the more people who post about it, the better.

Swash skills need a damage upgrades, period. I'm also lvl 47 with almost all adepts of some kind and know well where we stand. The poisons not working effect more than just Swashes, it will be nice when they are working again but our core abilities still need to produce a little more damage. Also several of our timed buff abilities over 30 dont buff what they say they do.

Hang in there, just a matter of time.

- Evad
    Permafrost
    47 Swashbuckler
  13. ARCHIVED-Dark_Sun Guest

Hi, im 38 lvl Swashbuckler and i would like to say some things

At first i have grouped with assasins last night and our grp member were using parser and showed our dps. I can say that we had and equal dps and sometimes i did better than him. We both have major skills adept1 and no adepts3 r masters.

So i dont think that we are worse dps in all scouts, but i agree that all scouts need to be raised their dps.

Also i agree that a lot of our skills dont work as they should.
    Spells that should interupt are not interupting, mez is useless, and agro in not working when it needs to.

But finaly i think a lot of this issues will be fixed, since a lot of classes have troubles with their skills now and not all working well. I realy hope that devs will look onto it and class will be fine.
  14. ARCHIVED-CastleFreak Guest

So you think there should be no swashbucklers in the game? We should just pick other classes?
    I for one am glad there are people highlighting differences in classes, that maybe didn't arise in the limited beta phase.
    The game will continually evolve and be fixed and it seems swashbuckler skills need to be part of that process.
    We can't just write the class off, better to offer feedback to devs.
  15. ARCHIVED-Naggybait Guest

While I manage to stay pretty close to all other scout classes, it's the tanks I am usually outdone by. On MANY occasions, the parser shows the tanks constantly outdamaging the scouts. Of course there are a lot of factors to take into account but, we are supposed to be DPS. When a tank out does the scouts though, then why not fill the group with 3 tanks, 2 healers and a scout (for evac, etc.)?

My poisons stop working about half way through the level range (i.e. 5-10, 15-20, etc.). At 35, the mobs we are fighting now, it's resisted pretty much all the time. Now that I am 37, I just quit using poison because it was 100% resist and just wasting money. I'll wait till I hit 40 again to try out the 200 skill poisons.

We do need a boost in damage. I have adept 1 sneak attack and I get like 90 or so damage. Yea, sometimes it will spike to 250+ but, for the most part, it's around 100 or less. We need at least a 10% boost in all our damage.
  16. ARCHIVED-rioisk Guest

Level 50 now, and I have a few other problems to recognize.

First of off, our lvl 50 special is total CRAP. Twenty-two seconds of "If you take melee damage you hit back". I don't tank on a daily basis, in fact I hardly ever tank. I don't need a tank ability, I am a scout, I am a DPS class. Assassins get to kill mobs instantly, and I get a cheap hit-back whenever I am hit for 22 seconds with a recast time that is a joke. I will never use that, what disapointment for a lvl 50 skill.

Once I get lvl 40 adept 3 mezz I will see how good it is, other then that, mezz needs a boost.

Lvl 50 on Jan 4 at 6pm EST (1st swashbuckler on server to 50, 4th person to lvl 50, awaiting my final server-wide rank)

=)
  17. ARCHIVED-Dergon Guest

In my first post i said out DPS is fine, well i had to revise that vision over the last days. I've been grouping with a lvl 44 zerker and he was doing same dmg as me at lvl 47. Somebody asked for proof , logs well here it is.
    Dreadwake
    crush 07:33:00 07:36:44 00:03:44 14613 78.14 65.24 25 50 33.33 801 245 584.52
    Blood Frenzy 07:33:04 07:33:44 00:00:40 1199 6.41 29.98 3 1 75.00 432 371 399.67
    Crushing Blow 07:33:07 07:33:54 00:00:47 0 0.00 0.00 0 2 0.00 0 0 0.00
    Barrage 07:33:13 07:33:13 00:00:01 1408 7.53 1408.00 1 0 100.00 1408 1408 1408.00
    Wild Swing 07:33:19 07:33:46 00:00:27 393 2.10 14.56 1 3 25.00 393 393 393.00
    Thrash 07:33:34 07:33:43 00:00:09 1089 5.82 121.00 4 0 100.00 534 185 272.25
    Total: 00:03:47 18702 82.39

Level 44 swash
    piercing 07:33:06 07:36:45 00:03:39 7356 36.43 33.59 254 0 100.00 82 14 28.96
    pierce 07:33:10 07:36:45 00:03:35 0 0.00 0.00 0 21 0.00 0 0 0.00
    Ambuscade 07:33:24 07:36:26 00:03:02 4387 21.73 24.10 15 0 100.00 357 236 292.47
    Uncanny Speed 07:33:27 07:36:11 00:02:44 1845 9.14 11.25 12 0 100.00 223 116 153.75
    Razor Edge 07:33:28 07:35:58 00:02:30 795 3.94 5.30 4 0 100.00 207 186 198.75
    Rakish Swathe 07:33:30 07:33:30 00:00:01 138 0.68 138.00 1 0 100.00 138 138 138.00
    Flamboyant Strike 07:33:31 07:36:17 00:02:46 1302 6.45 7.84 6 0 100.00 218 215 217.00
    Flurry of Blades 07:33:34 07:36:31 00:02:57 2862 14.18 16.17 18 0 100.00 194 125 159.00
    False Blade 07:33:40 07:33:40 00:00:01 148 0.73 148.00 1 0 100.00 148 148 148.00
    Kidney Blow 07:33:41 07:34:10 00:00:29 542 2.68 18.69 3 0 100.00 190 169 180.67
    Sneak Attack 07:33:43 07:34:12 00:00:29 177 0.88 6.10 2 0 100.00 106 71 88.50
    Flash of Steel 07:33:45 07:34:05 00:00:20 209 1.04 10.45 2 0 100.00 129 80 104.50
    Lucky Gambit 07:33:46 07:33:46 00:00:01 76 0.38 76.00 1 0 100.00 76 76 76.00
    Cat's Paw 07:33:49 07:34:21 00:00:32 353 1.75 11.03 2 0 100.00 183 170 176.50
    Total: 00:03:40 20190 91.77

Level 42 necro
    Ghastly Stench 07:33:10 07:36:45 00:03:35 4726 38.92 21.98 51 0 100.00 101 78 92.67
    Withering Affliction 07:33:15 07:36:30 00:03:15 1575 12.97 8.08 35 1 97.22 45 45 45.00
    Pestilential Blast 07:33:18 07:36:45 00:03:27 3701 30.48 17.88 22 5 81.48 200 121 168.23
    Devour Health 07:33:45 07:36:44 00:02:59 2140 17.62 11.96 20 0 100.00 107 107 107.00
    Total: 00:03:39 12142 55.44

Kabab
    disease 07:33:08 07:36:44 00:03:36 7719 58.27 35.74 92 13 87.62 126 39 83.90
    Deathly Strike 07:33:07 07:36:31 00:03:24 1154 8.71 5.66 10 0 100.00 137 76 115.40
    Anarchic Swing 07:33:08 07:33:08 00:00:01 183 1.38 183.00 1 0 100.00 183 183 183.00
    Corpsic Frenzy 07:33:15 07:36:24 00:03:09 2635 19.89 13.94 27 0 100.00 117 77 97.59
    Clawing of the Soul 07:33:27 07:35:58 00:02:31 1073 8.10 7.11 8 0 100.00 144 127 134.13
    Crypt Strike 07:34:02 07:36:27 00:02:25 482 3.64 3.32 11 1 91.67 49 39 43.82
    Total: 00:03:38 13246 60.76

Level 47 swashbuckler (me)
    slash 07:33:10 07:36:45 00:03:35 4439 18.94 20.65 173 4 97.74 39 13 25.66
    piercing 07:33:10 07:36:45 00:03:35 4470 19.07 20.79 140 0 100.00 49 16 31.93
    pierce 07:36:27 07:36:27 00:00:01 0 0.00 0.00 0 1 0.00 0 0 0.00
    Uncanny Speed 07:33:09 07:35:49 00:02:40 1552 6.62 9.70 10 0 100.00 203 111 155.20
    Nimble Cut 07:33:11 07:35:48 00:02:37 1375 5.87 8.76 7 0 100.00 210 180 196.43
    Flamboyant Strike 07:33:14 07:36:32 00:03:18 2076 8.86 10.48 7 0 100.00 304 264 296.57
    Flurry of Arms 07:33:18 07:36:40 00:03:22 2641 11.27 13.07 18 0 100.00 186 123 146.72
    Ykesha's Wrath 07:33:18 07:35:32 00:02:14 512 2.18 3.82 6 1 85.71 90 78 85.33
    Kidney Blow 07:33:22 07:35:06 00:01:44 1748 7.46 16.81 9 0 100.00 212 183 194.22
    Cat's Paw 07:33:24 07:36:08 00:02:44 2202 9.39 13.43 6 0 100.00 425 303 367.00
    Playful Swipe 07:33:25 07:34:33 00:01:08 661 2.82 9.72 6 0 100.00 126 98 110.17
    Hamstring 07:33:27 07:34:56 00:01:29 1216 5.19 13.66 8 0 100.00 177 118 152.00
    Sneak Attack 07:33:29 07:33:54 00:00:25 143 0.61 5.72 2 0 100.00 72 71 71.50
    poison 07:33:29 07:36:45 00:03:16 0 0.00 0.00 0 17 0.00 0 0 0.00
    Rakish Swathe 07:33:34 07:33:34 00:00:01 149 0.64 149.00 1 0 100.00 149 149 149.00
    Anarchic Swing 07:36:37 07:36:37 00:00:01 258 1.10 258.00 1 0 100.00 258 258 258.00
    Total: 00:03:37 23442 108.03

Level 47 berserker
    slash 07:33:13 07:36:45 00:03:32 13223 51.83 62.37 178 8 95.70 203 36 74.29
    Reckless Counter 07:33:13 07:34:10 00:00:57 528 2.07 9.26 3 0 100.00 197 143 176.00
    Relentless Battering 07:33:25 07:36:36 00:03:11 2186 8.57 11.45 12 0 100.00 222 134 182.17
    Frenzy 07:33:28 07:36:46 00:03:18 1830 7.17 9.24 12 0 100.00 197 108 152.50
    Toxic Grasp 07:33:28 07:35:20 00:01:52 1058 4.15 9.45 15 0 100.00 76 65 70.53
    Mutilate 07:33:31 07:36:38 00:03:07 4027 15.78 21.53 34 0 100.00 174 44 118.44
    Stomp 07:33:44 07:36:41 00:02:57 1566 6.14 8.85 20 0 100.00 169 17 78.30
    Berserker Barrage 07:33:57 07:35:04 00:01:07 727 2.85 10.85 2 0 100.00 413 314 363.50
    Boon of the shadow 07:34:11 07:34:11 00:00:01 0 0.00 0.00 0 1 0.00 0 0 0.00
    Furious Rush 07:34:12 07:35:48 00:01:36 367 1.44 3.82 4 0 100.00 92 91 91.75
    Total: 00:03:38 25512 117.03

Level 46 templar
    crush 07:33:10 07:36:44 00:03:34 2708 78.00 12.65 109 0 100.00 38 11 24.84
    Blessed Weapon 07:33:21 07:36:33 00:03:12 604 17.40 3.15 6 0 100.00 109 80 100.67
    Reproach 07:34:11 07:34:11 00:00:01 0 0.00 0.00 0 1 0.00 0 0 0.00
    Smite 07:35:28 07:35:28 00:00:01 7 0.20 7.00 1 0 100.00 7 7 7.00
    Reproving Smite 07:35:34 07:35:34 00:00:01 153 4.41 153.00 1 0 100.00 153 153 153.00
    Total: 00:03:35 3472 16.15

Level 42 Warlock
    Steal Breath 07:33:17 07:36:43 00:03:26 2511 34.75 12.19 37 0 100.00 76 57 67.86
    Dark Distortion 07:33:25 07:36:41 00:03:16 3622 50.13 18.48 7 1 87.50 561 467 517.43
    Dark Emanations 07:33:30 07:34:40 00:01:10 951 13.16 13.59 16 0 100.00 94 55 59.44
    Suffocating Breath 07:35:40 07:35:40 00:00:01 141 1.95 141.00 1 0 100.00 141 141 141.00
    Curse of Darkness 07:36:06 07:36:06 00:00:01 0 0.00 0.00 0 1 0.00 0 0 0.00
    Total: 00:03:27 7225 34.90
    On my skills, I got adept 3 of cats paw, adept 3 of flurry of arms (does more then its upgrade), I use nimble cut insteed of its upgrade cause it still does more dmg then the upgrade same for playfull swipe. My gear is FBSS , Serated bone dirk and Short sword of Yhesla. Even if you somehow disagree on my skillusage think i shouldnt be using skill A or B these are minor changes in DPS. I was oom right at the end of the fight spamming all skills you see in log xept sneak just did that 2 times for funs. Conclussion our DPS is wrong very wrong if a lvl 44 berserker and a lvl 42 necro outdamage us...
    Message Edited by Dergon on 01-05-200511:09 PM
    Message Edited by Dergon on 01-05-2005 11:10 PM
  18. ARCHIVED-liscio Guest

I think the main reason for this is because of poisons not working at 40+ This must be a bug and if it was working im sure we would see a big increase in our DPS.
  19. ARCHIVED-Naggybait Guest

Yep, it's like I said in my post above. I have noticed tanks doing more damage than me and yes, not having poisons working has severly cramped my DPS. At their peak, my poisons were doing as much damage as my best skill (unfriendly reminder at that time). Poisons were contributing to at least 1/3 - 1/4 of my total damage. That was a HUGE chunck I lost.
  20. ARCHIVED-Thelahun Guest

Apparently berserkers have several skills, like bloodlust nerfed in the patch.