[DEV] Please let us know whether or not you're considering further improving existing gear.

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Montag, Feb 19, 2016.

1. Rainmare Well-Known Member

I bet here's why:

they took how long, to get a 20% increase to work with all the already done infusion? now times that by another 20%. I've seen the comparisons. the 'retroactive' gear got a realtively 20% jump. the 'new' gear got about 40%, and it's only in 2 stats. Crit bonus and potency. and it doubled the mit on your gear.

the 'new stuff' doesn't change the mit between heroic and raid peices past the first upgrade in the patch., and only gives you a 'slight' bonus over the 'upgrade' version in CB and Pot. you didn't gain in any other catagory. nothing in your main stat or sta, none of the dps/abmod/haste ect.

so look at that..2 of the 4 'infusable' stats got a bonus. so I bet the 'upgrade' was something we were lucky to get as we did without you ******** for another 8 months that raid gear isn't a 'big enough jump' over heroic gear, and heroic over solo.

you aren't entitled to any upgrade. they didn't have to upgrade the gear you got at all, and could have just said 'here's new drops in the zones, go get them.'

you lost nothing. aoll the time you spent in infusing, only added to the upgrade you got. frankly after last nights raid, my infused shoulders from before the patch are close enough to the new dropped variant that I see no reason to get the new one at all. I'll save my infusers and dkp for a slot I don't have yet.

they saw how much of a pain in the rear it was to get a stat jump to work right with all the infusing we did, so they did what they could quickly, and then made new gear with a slightly higher baseline then that.

be happy they caved into your moaning and ******** in the first place, not ***** more because you didn't get everything on a silver platter you wanted.

*edit*

Oh and for the record, I LIKED that I had a reason to do ALL the content, and that Raids didn't competely make everything else worthless to bother with. minimal disparity in gear tiers is a good thing.
    Wurm likes this.
  2. Entropy Well-Known Member

Well, that's certainly one perspective. Not one that has been supported by 15+ years of genre standards and norms, but hey, to each their own.

The more tiers of progression they can give us, the healthier a game will be. Extending the amount of time required to progress up tiers also helps to keep players around, but they've been pretty terrible at that in recent years. I don't think you should be able to jump right into raiding on day 1 of an xpac. A flattened itemization power curve across tiers just smashes all content into one slightly thicker "content tranche" and leads to the game becoming stale much quicker.
  3. sycla Active Member

Just wait til next month when they add a new tier so that you can have a reason to do it all over again.
  4. sycla Active Member

I dont get why a player would post such a hatred and expletive filled rant against fellow players who are only trying to help the community.
    please let us know how our asking dbg for the new gear is causing you any problems.
    Healious likes this.
  5. Healious Active Member

I am glad that you like the changes and that they work for you. I really am. So please start a thread and voice your opinion on how happy you are. Why come on here and troll your fellow players who have legitimate complaints? Really why? I really can't remember anything like this patch ever happening. I have been here since '99. I don't understand it, maybe there is a reason they did not boost gear retroactively. If there is, ANY Dev response would be greatly appreciated. I don't think that is to much to ask as a paying customer for well over a decade.
    MalcolmXBox likes this.
  6. Rebelde Active Member

They didn't do it with raid gear. They "created" new pieces (ex. ring from the bard in Maldurax4 or the range with the early proc rom the first encounter). Same proc plus a bit more... so if you want it, you can loot them again. Start again? No thank you, I did it months ago when all my raid gear was replaced with legendary pieces.
  7. Entropy Well-Known Member

So anyway, I know the devs have a general policy of not responding to a thread that specifically calls them out asking for an answer. However, Daybreak, consider that you have had one highly active thread after this last patch that was eventually locked because, well, people on the internet are terrible human beings... and now you have a fork of that thread further discussing this issue.

This patch has significant enough implications (at the very least, setting a precedent for how we should expect to be treated in future patches) that I'm sure everyone would greatly appreciate a note from a senior developer that has some thought processes behind it. There are enough people teetering on quitting this game (or already past that point) that you could at least provide the community the professionalism of a thorough response, and not just the terse "too bad, enjoy your minor boost, not getting retroactive credit" note that we got on patch day.
    Rebelde and Healious like this.
  8. Avithax Well-Known Member

I'm hearing about a lot of players rebuilding after the recent bans bragging about having stashed away hundreds of Krono on alt acccounts, the recent 40% drop in Krono value adds credibility to their claims.

The real kick in the teeth is that these people coming back on new accounts are the ones who stand to benefit the most from this gear change. They have all the coin they need to buy SLR now and will drive prices up for the honest players who are stuck re gearing.
  9. Darkon Well-Known Member

As the other 9 page thread explained that was locked for absolutely no real reason.

It's to keep people running ToT content ~4 months longer than normal. It's just artificially extending the life of this expansion.
  10. Rainmare Well-Known Member

here's why. your not trying to help the community. your crying because they gave the upgrade you wanted, but DIDN'T retroactively give it to YOU in the patch. it's a sense of some kind of entitlement, because you complained enough that the devs gave in to shut you up.

the ToT setup was good the way it was. You had a reason to raid, and a reason to do heroics, and a reason to do solo stuff. doing heroics didn't completely negate any use from solo, and doing raids didn't completely negate the entire rest of the damn game.

but people didn't like that thier raid gear wasn't able to turn them into a Demi-god to those that don't raid, or that Heroic didn't do the same to Soloers. so they complained. and whined. the devs caved, and started working to improve the gear 'disparity'. but then it wasn't being done fast enough. lots of 'how long does it take to 'change a few numbers?' type stuff.

So they opted to give an increase to the stuff you had, and then make new stuff slightly higher to get, so they didn't have to go through and try to fix it all to work with all the infusers and diety infusing and reforging and so on and so on that we've done for another 6 months to make it function. you got the little jump they were sure would work, and then to stop your 'we want it now you lazy bums' rants every 2 days, they opted for new gear slight better. you wanted upgrades and you wanted them yesterday...and this was the best/fastest solution to appease your demand.

now your complaining about all this 'lost infusions and lost time' and 'why didn't you give us your newly made stuff off the bat'. you lost NOTHING. you GAINED cb/pot/mit on your gear. and now, if you want, you can get even better gear without it being locked behind a 'hard mode' variant, or having to farm status or coins or loyalty tokens or the like. everything you could kill yesterday, you can kill today, and even faster, and you may even get further improved rewards for it in heroic and raid content.

You made this mess. You complained and threw fits about gear disparity not being good enough. you demanded the change. and then you demanded it right the hell now. you got what you asked for. your lack of patience, and need to be 2-3x better then the 'teir' before you made this bed, and now you need to lie in it.

don't come yelling to the devs and despairing about how horrid this is that you didn't get what you THINK you're entitled to. you're not entitled to anything. they didn't have to boost your gear at all. they could have just as easily simply said we added new drops, go fetch.

I might have more sympathy if it was people complaining about the disparity, and the devs saying alright, we'll fix it..and then this was the result with no further input from the player base about it. then at least you could could say they rushed it, or the like cause we were being patient to let them have the time to completely go through it. but that's not what happened. they said they'd fix it, and the players that wanted the change started in with we want it yesterday, and the devs are incompetant/lazy cause they can't just 'change a few numbers in a couple minutes', or what are they doing with thier time, and so on. you demanded change, demanded it immediately, and this is the result of your own actions.

and on top of that, you don't even see much if any in the means of a thank you for what you DID get. it's not a 'I/we appreciate what we got, but why didn't you do this?' it's 'Are you all TRYING to be assinine by not giving me the full upgrade!?'
    Wurm likes this.
  11. sycla Active Member

So you inferred all that from the 3 lines i wrote.You seem to have a inside track on what the devs think about all the time.
    If you stop assuming to know what others are thinking then people may read past line 2.
    Please make a thread about why we all suck and why you like this change so much and stop derailing this thread.
    MalcolmXBox likes this.
  12. Regolas Well-Known Member

Anyway, I don't think any additional changes to ToT gear will come. They have the tiers now between solo, heroic and raid, so I doubt they'll be anymore wholesale changes
  13. kluxor Well-Known Member

How many more of these posts are gonna flood these forums? Stop acting like next wed you're gonna have another full set of armor to plst infuse anyways. Also...its not ALL of your gear like half of you are saying. It's 7 slots, one having a best in slot that wasn't touched, so 6/21 slots all of you are acting like spoiled entitled children over.
    Wurm likes this.
  14. Wurm Well-Known Member

Looking at your EQ2u profile, unless you aren't posting on your main, it seems you have mostly heroic gear, so you are one of those who stand to benefit the most from this change if you actually do raid.

I agree with Rainmare 100%, most of this is just childish ranting from the "give me now!" crowd.
  15. Healious Active Member

Fanboys Unite! Whatever, there obviously will be no dev response, which is typical. Lock this thread like the others I guess.
    MalcolmXBox likes this.
  16. Kioske Well-Known Member

I think something that some of you that are okay with the way gear has been handled this expansion are forgetting; new content is coming soon and they're going to be adding new gear pieces in again for that. It makes zero sense to change the gear that people have spent hours acquiring without retroactively changing the items. I find it a little weird when I link a "before change" item and an "after change item" and I cannot compare the two inspects side by side, BECAUSE THEY'RE THE SAME ITEM. Inspecting the new one just closes the old one.

I also see a few people here commenting about raid gear and content that don't even raid or aren't even in raid guilds. Why bother? If it doesn't concern you, keep your opinions about the changes to yourself.

If I receive T-3 Raid armor pieces, I expect that I will be using that armor piece long enough to spend some plat or use infusers on it. Before changes Raid BPs being replaced by post change Heroic BPs is a bad system. Also, let's get into the details of the fact that some pieces were retroactively changed, like the relic armor pieces. Why did those get a retroactive change but not the other armor pieces? I understand collection armor getting the retroactive fix, you cannot reacquire through game play, but the relic armor?

The major disconnect that I see with people here that are agreeing with the way DBG did things with the itemization this expansion is that you're fighting against people in your community vehemently about a non-issue to you. If it doesn't bug you at all, then that's fine, you can be one of the people that doesn't complain about the issue on the forums and goes about your business. The fact that you're here arguing with people who feel that replacing their gear without replacing content tells me one thing, you just like to argue. It makes no difference to you, so why tell these people that they're wrong? They're not wrong, never before has an expac gotten a complete gear overhaul with zero content change without retroactively upgrading the gear. I've earned the gear, why should I have to earn it again? Do you not loot the best items on your characters in groups? I expect to earn new gear killing new content, I do not expect to have to kill the same content to get new gear.
  17. Arclite Well-Known Member

Won't be surprised that some posters here are masquerading as players when they are infact not and are only posting to de-rail the thread so there can be another locked-down thread unnecessarily and we keep on wallowing for a couple of more weeks before the whole thread cycle starts again...
  18. Rebelde Active Member

I think that collection armor rewards have the same upgrade. Can anyone confirm that? If it's true, it's another GREAT fail, because they don't have the "excuse" that "you can get it again"...
  19. Regolas Well-Known Member

The collection stuff is not as good as the fabled heroic stuff now. And they upgraded the existing stuff to the same level as what you get now. They're just better than heroic legendary
  20. trix New Member

So is it company policy now to periodically boost stats on some items to make us farm them again?
    Even though you are hard-pressed for time and manpower you took the xtra time/effort to create 2 whole new levels of gear just to screw the customers over.
    The arguments that
    1)you got something better so why are you complaining
    2) gear is changed regularly so live with it
    are not valid as the new gear has the same name ,drops from the same boss so it was meant to be a fix for existing gear and all such fixes were retroactive in the past.I can't think of even one example were things were fixed in this manner.

There were devs posts on using infusers wisely..you prob should have mentioned in that post to not use infusers as you were planning this change.It is not as if the change was a spur of the moment thing.Any responsible company would tel its customers that we are making this product obsolete so dont waste your plat/time and wait for the upgrade.Its not like it was a top secret decision.
    Now do the right thing and fix our gear to the level of new gear
    MalcolmXBox likes this.