"Destiny of Velious" Release Date Change!

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by ARCHIVED-SmokeJumper, Jan 13, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Shade Slayer Guest

Filly67 wrote:
    Horrible arguments. People constantly complain about a product yet continue to buy it. That's like me saying "this burger is horrible! Here's 5 dollars gimme another!" That makes no sense, so the truth is that these people like the game, but are either lemmings and just do what others do and/ or are infants who have to whine about something.
    The government comparison is even worse. We don't get the opportunity to vote new Sont creatives into office every 4 years. Actually you do. You vote by continuing, cancelling your subscription. If you want to use a government analogy, let's use an accurate one. Bush is in office. You constantly complain. Election day comes. You vote for Bush.
    So once again, if you think this game is horrible, grow a spine and cancel.
  2. ARCHIVED-Shade Slayer Guest

Leaflett wrote:
    Sony dumbs games down to appease all the whiners in these forums. It's a no win situation.
  3. ARCHIVED-Filly67 Guest

Sorry Shadeslayer but you are the one who continues to make useless comments. The difference between you and the "whiners" is that we feel that you are entitled to your opinion while you do not allow us the same courtesy. This is a forum, the point of it is to give, feedback, suggestions, complaints and praise. Not to sit here and sing the continued praises on items and product that need improvment. Most of us love this game but you're not playing to much if you think that this game is close to it's potential or that enough good thought and effort is being put into it.
    I wouldn't pay for the bad burger until they improved it because it's bad. This game isn't bad it's a work in progress that needs what we offer in the form of commentary. The government comparison is spot on and I do vote with my dollars - I keep paying them and adding my feedback. Who wins if I walk away? BTW, those comments where meant for you and the others like you who live in the scared world of if you don't have something nice to say don't say anything at all, not at SOE. Believe me they can take our feedback.
  4. ARCHIVED-Shade Slayer Guest

Filly67 wrote:
    First of all, it's good that you admit it's not a bad game. Other than that, the rest of your post is pretty ignorant. You have the right to say whatever you want. My words are a criticism to those who only have negative and bad things to say about Sony and this game. I've been here since the beginning and I know as well as you do that there's a group of people who have always and always will rail against Sony and the game they pay to play. I'm attacking their conviction. They say they dislike Sony soooo much, yet they continue to support them. It's like an anti abortion activist funding a clinic. I never said they didn't have the right to be spineless whiners. I know if I genuinely disliked something, I'd never financially support it.
    Finally, to dismiss me as "living in a scared world" and being a part of the "if you dont have anything good to say" mindest is the most ignorant of all. I dislike pampered, spoiled double standards. Either these people genuinely hate the game and Sony, yet support them financially showing a weak lack of conviction or they secretly like the game, yet cry and complain constantly because it's either their nature or it's the common thing to do among their peers. Either way, it's annoying weakness. They can continue..and I'll continue to bash them for it.
    I've played RPG's since 1982 or so and this game has the most content of any game I've ever played. Sony's biggest mistake has been simplifying it too much to appease the whiners. Sony can't win with these type of infants. If you don't think this is a bad game, none of this should offend you since you admit to liking it.
  5. ARCHIVED-das2000uk Guest

Shade Slayer wrote:
    Couldnt agree more with you on this. EQ2 was the best at its early stages because it appealed to a more mature player base. It was massively in depth to point where it scared infants away. For me the game is being tarnished with SC bit time, but hay thats just my 2cp worth. Every one is entitled to their own views and opinions on EQ2 and SOE.
    I for one though still love the game and will keep playing.
  6. ARCHIVED-fatherjules Guest

Have to say that I seem to be in a minority of people who are quite looking forward to the expansion, I do not doubt it will have its weaknesses and some parts of it will really annoy. But overall I enjoy EQ2, the one thing I did want to say though is that I completely agree with the simplification argument. The game play keeps getting changed to make it easier... we had our spell names changed because people could not figure out if they got an improvement, we got travel hubs (spires etc) because people did not want to figure out how to travel to areas. Mobs got easier to kill, because learning fights is just to hard... and so on and so on.
    However saying that, it is probably still the best MMORPG that I have played, and I look forward to seeing the raiding content of DoV....
    Just my 2 copper worth, while they mash my server with Splitpaw!
  7. ARCHIVED-quiarrah Guest

fatherjules wrote:
    OH! A Runneyeye Kindred Spirit! Nice to see you . . .I do agree that EQ is still the best. . even though it didn't even make the list of the top 100 games in PC Gamer. And to think that WoW is number 2. . .eee. .gaha. . .(I do play that one though to. . .but I always come home to Norrath)
    Yup, , , ,I will be enjoying DoV when it comes out. Because even if it is slated for over 80 , , , , that doesn't mean I wont be able to fly. . (my vamp anyway!)
  8. ARCHIVED-Filly67 Guest

Shade Slayer wrote:
    Honestly we could go back and forth on this and never come to terms but hey that's ok I don't need everyone to see or agree with my side of every topic. Of course that is because I don't live in a straight black and white world. In my experience people can love the game and still have valid complaints, rants, discussions etc... It seems to be different for you. Truthfully the only part that actually bothered me about your post was your use (and over use) of the word ignorant. Having to resort to insults and name calling is what throws the forums into disarray. I am sorry that it's the only way that you could get your point across.
  9. ARCHIVED-KClayton Guest

Shade Slayer wrote:
    By your logic, nothing negative would ever get posted about a game. Either you like the game, or you cancel and {shut up}.
    I _have_actually cancelled all my accounts. I post my opinions here because I hope that someone will listen and change things- at which point I might come back. I don't generally post "I cancelled my accounts" posts because I do think that's kind of whiny- I'd rather just stick to pointing out what I think is wrong and asking that it be remedied.
    I think about the time Smokejumper came along, EQ2 took a turn down a path I don't care for. From the sounds of things it's a success, so they are unlikely to quit focussing so much on SC type stuff- but I'm still chiming in to say I think it is not a good thing, and I'd like more content and less fluff please. That's only my opinion- if you disagree, good for you, enjoy the game.
  10. ARCHIVED-Wingrider01 Guest

Mathafern@Mistmoore wrote:
    when did you cancel? The forums do not allow a inactive account to post
  11. ARCHIVED-KClayton Guest

Wingrider01 wrote:
    A cancelled account does not become inactive immediately. Still a couple weeks left on this one.
  12. ARCHIVED-feldon30 Guest

Having experienced that 2 years ago right here on these forums, I'll pass.
  13. ARCHIVED-Shade Slayer Guest

Filly67 wrote:
    You stated I was "living in a scared world " which is an ignorant thing to say seeing as how you don't know me. You said not everyone lives in a black and white world and in doing so, you implied that me accosting people who constantly whine meant I did. This is also ignorant. Everyone has moments of ignorance. About 99% of what I see is pure complaining. There is no objectivity. There is no praise for what Sony does right. Almost always, it's constant bashing of the game and company. Once again, if there's nothing they like about the game, and if they hate Sony so much, let them grow principles and stop paying what they see as an evil empire.
  14. ARCHIVED-Shade Slayer Guest

Actually you should state that you cancelled. It means you actually meant what you said and aren't just a whiny infant. Also it's ironic that you actually cancelled, yet your problems with Sony are far more civil and articulated than the spineless who rant, yet keep paying.
  15. ARCHIVED-Filly67 Guest

I believe that you only see what you want to see and therefore you see most posts as negative. Just because someone has a complaint, a comment, an opinion and yes sometimes even a rant, does not mean that they are angry or hate the game. We all want to be heard and we are entitled to be so in this format under forum guidlines and rules. I see lots of good things that are written in these forums and have been helped by many people. It's basically a good place.
    Are we as a group always appropriate or articulate in expressing our concerns? No. What you don't seem to get is that we are passionate about a game we love that has so much untapped potential.

edited because sometimes my "passion" can overtake common courtesy.
  16. ARCHIVED-onecrazysummer Guest

I have cancelled all 10 of my accounts and wont be coming back... been been playing since 2004 in the first beta.. and i can tell you this the game has gone way down hill.. also the new expac just makes it worse just exact thing as sentinels fate but renamed something else.. bye all. Only game ive been looking forward to lately is Guild Wars 2...
  17. ARCHIVED-Grycks Guest

Can I have your stuff? ;)
  18. ARCHIVED-amandapeach Guest

Hi, I am new to the Forums but played the game many years. This is the first digital download of a collectors edition I have ever bought. Would rather have gotten it at a MN release at best buy or gamestop with a little token of some sort but I digress... My ? is what time will the product key be mailed to us and what time can we begin download of DoV? I have off from 3 PM 2/21 through 2/26 so want to make sure I have plenty of sleep if we can start download at 12:01 AM PST which would be 3am my time LOL thanks for any info you may have on this
  19. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

amandapeach wrote:
    If you bought your DD through SOE you have nothing else to do. It will be automagically applied to your account as an Entitlement and you'll begin downloading it as soon as it's available.
  20. ARCHIVED-threat111 Guest

Calthine wrote:
    And with the dbl xp weekend running to 10am pst the 22nd, its safe to assume that the DL's will start shortly after that. With the expansion going live somewhere in the neighborhood of 12-2pm pst on the 22nd. Good luck with your download speeds!