"Destiny of Velious" Release Date Change!

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by ARCHIVED-SmokeJumper, Jan 13, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Shade Slayer Guest

The number of people whining and crying on these forums is insane. People claim that Sony gives no attention to the game, yet they continue to shell out the money. NDA hasn't been lifted, yet the expansion is getting bashed. I've played RPG's since they were virtually text based. This game has more content than any game I've seen in my life. Know what the worst part of this game is? The paying subscribers who constantly whine. If you dislike the company and product, stop paying for it. The biggest mistake Sony has made is trying to appease all of your whining. This seems harsh, but continuous whining is infantile and annoying, especially when you financially subject yourself to what you're whining about willfully.
  2. ARCHIVED-ErikGunner Guest

Shade Slayer wrote:
    I have played this game 6 years, am in beta, and won't buy this next expansion. Can't/won't go into details.
  3. ARCHIVED-Elifin Guest

Notsovilepriest@Nagafen wrote:
    Same.
    And I find it rather amusing that you're whining about whining. Just saying...
  4. ARCHIVED-Filly67 Guest

Shade Slayer wrote:
    The "if you don't like it leave" comment or similar sentiment is the most boring of all. Please at least have the decency to come up with some new version.
    This is not my job, this is not the military and yes my subscription allows me to voice my opinions. Many good some negative.
    This is a forum and this is what goes on in all of these venues. No one is making you read this stuff. With your attitude I guess I need to move out of the US if I don't like the way the government is being run because although I pay my taxes I need to shut up and stop whining.
    Please pick a new topic. And yes you are whining about what you perceive as whining. Where does that leave you?
  5. ARCHIVED-Leaflett Guest

Notsovilepriest@Nagafen wrote:
    Not buying this expansion either though I'll go into details. In a nutshell, I'm unhappy with the value I'm getting for my money and for me the buck stops at Velious.
    And there's something to be said about the type of person that takes what's handed to them silently and unconditionally. Me personally, if my food isn't cooked enough or the glass is dirty, I'll send it back. If my video game is under-developed, then I'll send it back too.
    And if my table in the resturant is paid a year in advance, then the chef is going to hear about it for that long
    Edit for spelling mistakes.
  6. ARCHIVED-Kulianya Guest

been playing since launch, no beta invite... I have participated in every beta since release.
    Funny how they move the release date 3 days before the head start goes live on Rift.
    Canceled 3 of my accounts and will not be buying the expansion. Already purchased my collectors edition of Rift and a 6 month subscription. I got IN beta there....
  7. ARCHIVED-swedago Guest

I been playing since launch, have been in all betas except this one... Not buying the expansion at this time until NDA is lifted and I received more feedback
  8. ARCHIVED-darwich Guest

love eq2, have kept trying other games when they are release, aion, warhammer, star trek etc.. and honestly i always come back to eq2 after a month or so..why? because it is the best content filled game out there.. no matter what i log on to do, there are more things to do.. play for years and find out.. whoa i never heard about this quest.. or this item.. game always keeps me feeling like i have wayy too much to do! :) What i need is an organizer to keep me on the straight path... finish 1 thing then start another!!@! oooo shiny... what was i doing?
  9. ARCHIVED-Filly67 Guest

sorry put this in the wrong thread
  10. ARCHIVED-Halo of G4 Guest

Wigg@Butcherblock wrote:
    Vanguard was not SoE's problem. It was Sigil's problem. SoE gave Sigil a second chance after Microsoft dropped its publishing and funding for the project due to unimpressed expectations back in 2006. Sigil then failed to meet its deadline in Jan 2007 and had to release a seriously broken game. SoE then landed ANOTHER hand to Sigil by buying Sigil to save the Vanguard servers from being shutdown.
    SoE had NO involvement with Vanguard's failure. That was all Brad Mcquaid and his punctilious ego. SoE rather saved Vanguard (or rather is rotting corpse).
  11. ARCHIVED-Wraths Guest

Halo of G4 wrote:
    Sigil said they needed more time and the game was not ready. Their co-publisher SOE said too bad... I would say that was SOEs fault that it was that big of a failure at launch. If Vanguard had been postponed 1 or 2 months, they would have as many subscribers if not more than EQ2. They lost 80,000 subscribers in a couple months because people couldn't deal with the crashing. SOE doesn't care about anything except making the money and making it now. They don't seem to realize if they took the time and did something right, they would be making even more.

Lets be honest, if SOE said they were pushing this expansion back to the last week of March, how many would be more interested in buying it? I know I would.
  12. ARCHIVED-Leaflett Guest

What's the first thing SOE did when they got their hot little hands on Vanguard? The game was unstable and buggy. So the first thing they did was stabalize it and address all the bugs, right? Make the game playable? Nope. The first work they did on the game was to take out the death penalty and dumb down travel. They literally started dumbing it down from day one.
    Vanguard was built from day one to be a hard core game like the original EQ1. The fact that it was too hard core wasn't the problem. The fact that Brad McQuaid didn't have the management skills to get the job done was what doomed it. The design itself was just fine. But SOE just couldn't wait to redesign it, and it was quite some time before SOE put the proper effort into making the game stable and squashing the bugs. By that time most people left.
    But at the point that SOE took the reigns everyone I knew was happy at first. SOE is going to save our game. When it was clear that SOE was going to bungle it is when we all left. I think they had a chance to save the game, IMHO.
  13. ARCHIVED-jenavira Guest

Leaflett wrote:
    I have to say that I agree with you on the Vanguard thing. I played it for 2 years and absolutely LOVED the game. I was saddened to find that SOE completely abandoned the game and is simply letting it die. With the right attention VG could easily be one of the finest games on the market, IMO. Graphically it is far superior to almost every game I have played, and the crafting and diplomacy aspects of the game were actually FUN. You built your own house, GH and even ships that you could sail.
  14. ARCHIVED-Leaflett Guest

I was totally on board with Brad McQuaid's vision of the game. But his execution was terrible. Then SOE picked it up, and their execution was terrible. I'm still waiting (and I know of a few others who are too) for a game like Vanguard that holds true to the principles of games like the original EQ. Obviously it's a niche market, but I think it could be a lucrative market for the right shop to come along an build it. Does that shop even exist now? I'm not so sure...
  15. ARCHIVED-MindFury Guest

Curious as to the point of an NDA when players continually break it....rumors on release date pushed back even further true? or just rumor?....might wanna pick and choose the beta testers a bit better so they stop releasing info before soe. Those of us who're still waiting to get in, get frustrated by the trash u allow in, who then come back and run their mouths tellin' all the instant they can in the hopes of being the first to break out with the info.
  16. ARCHIVED-feldon30 Guest

Wigg@Butcherblock wrote:
    I believe it took 6 months with a full-time development team to fix all the crashing and bring Vanguard up to a minimum level of playability. Vanguard was originally created as an alternative to EQ/EQ2. Then after all the venture capital went up Brad McQuaid's nose, they got an SOE bailout. SOE threw thousands of man hours at it, and have probably still not recouped those expenses years later.
    MindFury wrote:
    Referring to other players as "trash" is really classy of you. Maybe you forgot that some of the biggest NDA leaks about Velious have come from SOE. I'm not sure what point the NDA serves at this juncture.
  17. ARCHIVED-Leaflett Guest

Yes, SOE probably spent hundreds/thousands of man hours and yes, they probably haven't seen a return on their investment yet. That all sounds very altruistic except for the point that SOE came into a failing game and basically ignored the major concerns of the playerbase from day one. Yes, they realized their mistake and corrected it, but only after most of the playerbase left.
    What they did initially is like saying "well, we know the system is unstable so we're going to start by changing the color scheme." The player base saw that the issues with stability and bugs weren't the immediate, primary focus from day one, and that's when it really went south.
    In classic SOE fashion they came in with a complete disregard for the people who were still paying for a game that wasn't at the time worth paying for. The people in it for the long haul who wanted to see this potentially great game thrive and were willing to input their greenbacks while the team frantically worked to address those issues.
    I woudln't say that it's SOE's fault the game didn't thrive in the first place. That blame lies with one man. But I honestly believe (and I understand lots of people disagree) that SOE had a decent chance of saving it had they brought a crystal clear set of priorities and some good public relations to the table. Again, they treated the game like it was in a vacuum and not this living, breathing thing with paying customers that had reached the limits of their patience. That fact didn't seem to compute with them.
  18. ARCHIVED-Frud Guest

Based on a supposed iPhone recording over at EQ Flames, the expansion was delayed to retrofit more Station Cash and F2P crap on it. The sad thing is that I can believe such a thing.
    Doesn't matter. Playing Rift on the 24th.
  19. ARCHIVED-Leaflett Guest

Frud wrote:
    Sweet. That'll come as great news to all the folks who would rather have marketplace items in lieu of actual game content!
  20. ARCHIVED-Shade Slayer Guest

Charlice@Unrest wrote:
    Big difference. These weak people pay for something they seem to hate.