"Destiny of Velious" Release Date Change!

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by ARCHIVED-SmokeJumper, Jan 13, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-SmokeJumper Guest

As you know, we’ve been working hard on the “Destiny of Velious” expansion pack. It was originally scheduled for release on Feb 8th, but after getting feedback from players, spending time playing the game internally, and discussing ways to make things better, we’ve decided to move the release date back to Feb 22nd instead.
    Feb 22nd gives us another couple of weeks for polish, tuning, and a honing of the fun factor for the expansion. We think the wait will be well worthwhile.
    Check EverQuest2.com for the announcement on pre-order dates! And also stay tuned for an announcement about a raft of cool events coming out in the week after DoV becomes available!
    On a side note, we’ll be adding another batch of players into the Closed Beta on Jan 24th, so if you put in an application and haven’t been accepted yet, don’t give up yet. Your time may be coming!
  2. ARCHIVED-Juravael Guest

Sounds good to me. I would rather wait a couple of extra weeks to get things polished up than have it released otherwise.
    Thanks for the heads up Smokejumper!
  3. ARCHIVED-Darkonx Guest

4. ARCHIVED-Raein Guest

When will we be able to pre-order?
  5. ARCHIVED-Amnerys Guest

6. ARCHIVED-Greenmist Guest

I'm actually pretty happy about this. I'd much rather see a more polished product on a delayed release day than a rushed launch and a bunch of immediate hotfixes and tweaking after the fact.
    Keep up the good work, lots of moving and shaking going on in the beta. Thanks for the notice!
  7. ARCHIVED-Raein Guest

Your fast!
    Thanks
  8. ARCHIVED-Loladen Guest

9. ARCHIVED-desinence Guest

SmokeJumper wrote:
    Is there anyone who is surprised by an EQ2 expansion delay?Its like brewing your own beer, takes forever, always ends up being disappointing, but your with friends and you already spent the money on it, might as well drink.
  10. ARCHIVED-desinence Guest

Vinyard@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    You'll have access to special items... on the market place =p
  11. ARCHIVED-Boltor3 Guest

Big surprised it was pushed back. They don't really seem to care who sticks around to play it.

I think they delayed it to try and keep people from playing Rift on the 24th.
  12. ARCHIVED-ThomasCH Guest

Nah. Saw this change coming all along. The beta was late, the announcement on pre-order was late. It was probably planned for awhile and SOE themself probably knew that their current release date wouldnt make it. I dont mind though.
  13. ARCHIVED-ccarro63 Guest

SmokeJumper wrote:
    Yeah....good call giving 3 weeks to beta test it. It's cool though...it's not like we've had a single piece of new content in a year anyway. There is no way I am going to pre order an expansion without beta testing it first. From what I've heard (by the way the NDA is dumb), there is a lot of stuff that needs to be dumbed and started over.
    Good Job
  14. ARCHIVED-dawy Guest

A wise move the beta so far seems to have had more leaks than a sinking ship and while i've tried not to look at them its frankly looked a little under done so pushing it back was the right thing to do.
  15. ARCHIVED-Scythien Guest

Release date change so close to the original date will be welcomed by those who've already booked their time off work..
    While I think it's great that you'll be refining further before public release, you should really have opened the Beta earlier than you did to avoid this issue.
  16. ARCHIVED-dawy Guest

Scythienne@Splitpaw wrote:
    Thats the problem though isnt it??holidays are getting in the way.

In the days of November releases this wasnt an issue as it was all done and dusted before the holiday rush,but the move into the following year for releases was an awful one for these reasons we can only hope the date can be moved back to the more traditional time of November
  17. ARCHIVED-desinence Guest

Shush you, they were busy playing cataclysm... I think a lot of developers responses over the past year especially at fanfair made it quite obvious they arent playing the game itself to ensure everything is prim and proper, and from the leaks, i would say they are trying a half done reboot that will do more to tick people off than anything, ie. all your hard earned gear is now worthless. Gotta love the expansion nerf so you can spend the whole expac getting back to where you ended the last expac at.
  18. ARCHIVED-Remann Guest

Going to have to reschedule my vacation time now. Well atleast we have heard something.
  19. ARCHIVED-Teshra Guest

Greenmist wrote:
    Oh, if you really think another 2 weeks is gonna make a "more polished product', I got some swamp land in Florida to sell you 2 weeks from now after I put a little more polish into it. You'll still have a rushed launch, those hotfixes and mucho mucho tweaking after the fact. Never been more sure of anything in my life.
    Its a rushed expansion already. No info at all this close to release (oh yah flying mounts), pre-orders not available this close to release...what company operates like this? (rhetorical question that was btw)
  20. ARCHIVED-Teshra Guest

Remann wrote:
    seriously?? you don't think servers will be coming up and down non-stop those first few days?? more power to ya.