Current state of the PVP Healer

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Daarkstar, Jul 12, 2015.

1. Daarkstar Active Member

2 days till live.... :(:mad:
  2. Savne Member

Did you even read my post? I'm suggesting fixes to the way groups wards work in PvP (since the current mechanics suck outside PvE) and using procs that already exist in various expansions as examples of how the group ward can be adjusted.

I'll summarize my post for the reading comprehension impaired:
    -Group wards suck in PvP, even if you make the cast time quicker. It doesn't matter how they've "classically" worked because they've always sucked. Why go back to that?
    -The linked item's proc is an example of the kind of change that could make group wards relevant in PvP, but it's an imperfect suggestion in many ways.
    -Adding a heal to the beginning or end of the group ward (as seen in the TSO AA Kindred Restoration and the defiler myth clicky buff) is an even better suggestion that Daarkstar came up with.

It's all pointless optimism anyway. We'd be lucky to get a small change in values, let alone a revamp. We've been trying to change the way group wards work in PvP since the beginning. At this point it would be more work than the already bogged-down devs can afford.
    Daarkstar likes this.
  3. Ptown New Member

Bump for support, more viable pvp healers please.
    Savne, Fetish and Daarkstar like this.
  4. fozzlingreborn New Member

It's like you don't realize that shamans/plate healers aren't meant to solo heal. Yes they will suck, insofar as you will not be solo healing. Instead of embracing this "crazy" new world where defilers etc are playing a secondary role, you want to change the fundamentals of the class.. LOL. I can't wrap my head around your entitled mindset. If anything you should be focusing on the fact that you can attain a 100+ dps mod at lv 27 within days, thus decreasing the viability of even having a healer in the first place since you might as well run around with 5 rangers and a paladin.
  5. Savne Member

Entitled mindset? We're only asking that the 4 non-druid healers have a role in a group at all. As it stands (in beta), why even take a "secondary healer" class when druid on druid is more effective?

And as far as I know, templars were never meant to be secondary healers. You're just making things up. But thanks for keeping this thread bumped.
    Daarkstar likes this.
  6. Fetish Well-Known Member

Another bump...but mine is for selfish reasons. I want to heal on a Mystic or Templar...but they currently suck.
  7. Daarkstar Active Member

Clearly you haven't played a defiler. Why would any group take a shaman/cleric when you can have two druids that can stack heals?? There is literally no point in bring anything but two druids into PVP.

Also why do 4/6 healers have to be back up healers.??... if 4/6 mages or 4/6 scouts were "backup" dps (doing 1/4th the dmg) I think you would have half the server quitting immediately.

Please don't derail our threads seeking for some balance just because you are complacent with imbalance.
    Savne likes this.
  8. fozzlingreborn New Member

I mean, I have to explain to you why a dual warden group is classically non-ideal? Did you even play when this game came out? The idea is that the different buffs provide different utility, and that shaman and cleric heals are preventative and provide a different layer of defense. Trying combining your leet HoT's when you are going against a group setup with a high amount of focus dps off the bat -- wizard, warlock, ranger etc. If you don't preward you are going to get trashed. That's how pvp works bro. I know you guys are used to your OP RoK myth era heals, but its time to wake up. Clerics and Shamans are secondary, and will be even if you get your changes implemented.
  9. Daarkstar Active Member

*sigh*

I played a druid in group PVP for years. I had 15,000+ pvp kills.

I could solo heal any wizzard/warlock/ranger burst dps exponentially better than any cleric/shaman. Let's not forget that your example is not a good one as wardens have a regenerating elemental group ward making them the best vs elemental damage.

I have also been playing a defiler and fury on beta. I can tell you which one heals better vs rangers... but I get the feeling you know where I'm going with this.

Stop spamming our thread.
  10. Fetish Well-Known Member

I would agree with you Fozzling...but currently wards are so minimal as to be a non-issue, and buffs...well if we were working with the old school world, pre-stat consolidation, then you would be correct...but as it is two druids > than druid+[any other healer]. Maybe that will change as expansions unlock...
  11. Savne Member

Hehe. That's cute.

I agree with your overall sentiment that the role of shamans is to mitigate spike damage. But right now they're not even doing that...at all.
  12. Pikaboo Member

13. Peak Nagafun

Really not sure why fozzlingreborn is sitting here arguing against players who I definitely consider to be some of the best PVP healers I've ever had the pleasure of playing with.
  14. Daarkstar Active Member

I'd love to but looks like that's 4am for me and I have an early flight the next day. Anyone else want to ask some questions about the balancing issues that can be on that time?

<3
  15. Dixa Active Member

it's not just pvp this affects. pve is also an issue, and there is no reason to bring a non-druid.

the druids provide substantial int based, wised based and melee based buffs (warden wis/melee, fury SUBSTANTIAL int/melee)

both druids have a power regen buff they can place on themselves. inquisitors have inquest at 45 and some good melee buffs, but reactives may prove to not be as efficient as all other healing options if we do end up defaulting to monk/bruiser mt's.

both druids can bring one of only 2 fighter-applicable outside physical mitigation buff in class focused thorn skin, 70 to start 168 at thornskin 3 and scaling from there. the other being the conjuror group buff. ideally any tank would have both.

and let's not forget that druid rings are a thing again.

healer sustain is probably going to be an issue even with being able to select up to 5 class focuses and the passives they provide.
    Daarkstar likes this.
  16. Healface Active Member

I feel like they have something prepared for launch tomorrow. I hardly doubt this could have gone off the radar. Afterall, this is the thread with the second most activity. The only topic that has received more player focus is the Exile issue.
  17. Sharach New Member

Saying Defiler brings nothing to group pve is nuts. I can solo heal a group and debuff mobs. There is very little issue in pve. In PvP I bring nothing to the group. Druids will be everywhere come launch.
  18. GBlack Active Member

It is funny to see how devs're swiftly avoiding this thread while replying some of the fresh threads like non TLE test =) Any single dev post for 5 pages of such important subject.
  19. PvPTLE New Member

This is quite unfortunate, was really hoping to roll up a shaman but it is quite simply not a viable option for a number of reasons. I'm curious why this isn't a larger issue for people, either everyone is okay with druid only heals or people just prefer to not have healing be a priority in pvp
    GBlack likes this.
  20. Tayosis New Member

I haven't played in quite some time...but I've been actively following this forum after hearing the announcement. And I've been excited to say the least.

This thread has been one of my biggest concerns and I've been saying since Friday (the last time I saw a response from DBG), that come Monday morning they'll have a list of changes/fixes for us.

Well, since it's now almost Monday afternoon, and still nothing....I logged in just to show my support for this thread.

I've got 20ish hardcore-longtime players coming to play this server, on my word alone. If things aren't different within 2-3 weeks of launch, I know them well enough to know that there won't be anyone in the guild left.

Just my contribution.
    Fix Healing
    Fix Mitigation